Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has Western Democracy's become to overly tolerant of drug use?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 12 Times in 12 Posts

Default Has Western Democracy's become to overly tolerant of drug use?

Let me be clear.... I'm not in favor of the war on drugs... It's lead to a tremendous waste in taxpayer dollars, and work to line the pockets of the prison industrial complex.

What I don't appreciate is this push towards legalization without having a counterweight to discourage drug use.

What's happened in Canada, is a marijuana Gold Rush.... It seems like every other add on BNN business in Canada... begs investors to put their money into some Marijuana startups. We use to lock people up a few years ago, now we just let private corporations be the biggest drug dealers?

I think we have an obligation to demonize and discourage drug use.... but what do we do instead... we treat it like it's a mental illness, and we give open arms tolerance towards drug users.

I understand the case to legalize it, to take money away from the cartels... but we still need to give teenagers all the science behind drug use...

We should conduct state of the art brain scans... and look at parts of the brain that have been permanently destroyed.

I remember seeing commercials like this as a kid in Ontario.... Now the government won't even admit their is serious health effect when people do drugs.

This is why I hate Justin Trudeau and the Canadian liberals... They pretend like they want to legalize drugs to stop gangs, but in reality... they're in it for the money.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to RestoreCommonSense For This Post:

Cancel 2020.2 (11-28-2019)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Seriously that commercial scared the living daylights out of me as a kid... I stayed away from drugs, because of what I remember seeing as a kid. Teenagers these days, pop pills at raves, and think "What's the big deal". But I ask myself... whens the last time they saw an anti drug commercial on TV?

I sometimes wonder if the globalist want to encourage drug use... to dumb people down, and turn them into useless consumers.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RestoreCommonSense View Post
    Seriously that commercial scared the living daylights out of me as a kid... I stayed away from drugs, because of what I remember seeing as a kid. Teenagers these days, pop pills at raves, and think "What's the big deal". But I ask myself... whens the last time they saw an anti drug commercial on TV?

I sometimes wonder if the globalist want to encourage drug use... to dumb people down, and turn them into useless consumers.
    'Useless Consumers'. They make Shareholders rich. (why do you hate Capitalism?)

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    'Useless Consumers'. They make Shareholders rich. (why do you hate Capitalism?)
    I love capitalism, that's why I want don't want a bunch of dumbed-down liberal zombies getting high.

They need their brain cells to help us run the economy. If only half their brain is working, it becomes very expensive for the taxpayer, to bail them out.

Does that answer your question. Just my opinion

6. The Following User Groans At RestoreCommonSense For This Awful Post:

countryboy (11-26-2019)

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,832 Times in 17,264 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,598 Times in 4,276 Posts

I love capitalism, that's why I want don't want a bunch of dumbed-down liberal zombies getting high.

They need their brain cells to help us run the economy. If only half their brain is working, it becomes very expensive for the taxpayer, to bail them out.

This is where you show data demonstrating that it is the leftys doing drugs.

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,338 Times in 2,286 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 633 Times in 549 Posts
    Blog Entries

Let me be clear.... I'm not in favor of the war on drugs... It's lead to a tremendous waste in taxpayer dollars, and work to line the pockets of the prison industrial complex.

What I don't appreciate is this push towards legalization without having a counterweight to discourage drug use.

What's happened in Canada, is a marijuana Gold Rush.... It seems like every other add on BNN business in Canada... begs investors to put their money into some Marijuana startups. We use to lock people up a few years ago, now we just let private corporations be the biggest drug dealers?

I think we have an obligation to demonize and discourage drug use.... but what do we do instead... we treat it like it's a mental illness, and we give open arms tolerance towards drug users.

I understand the case to legalize it, to take money away from the cartels... but we still need to give teenagers all the science behind drug use...

We should conduct state of the art brain scans... and look at parts of the brain that have been permanently destroyed.

I remember seeing commercials like this as a kid in Ontario.... Now the government won't even admit their is serious health effect when people do drugs.

This is why I hate Justin Trudeau and the Canadian liberals... They pretend like they want to legalize drugs to stop gangs, but in reality... they're in it for the money.

The biggest issue is the drug pushing. Big pharma's finagling has turned a prescribed med into a bigger issue then hard street drugs. As far as things go pot is far less damaging, but still it's not something that should be widely used for the hell of it. I know someone that used it to handle a bad spine. They needed to get away from it because it was like nothing else happened or got done. That's well and good for terminal patients or those that need help just to function, to begin with. It isn't so good for a person with responsibilities or a life to live.

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Crocodile View Post
    The biggest issue is the drug pushing. Big pharma's finagling has turned a prescribed med into a bigger issue then hard street drugs. As far as things go pot is far less damaging, but still it's not something that should be widely used for the hell of it. I know someone that used it to handle a bad spine. They needed to get away from it because it was like nothing else happened or got done. That's well and good for terminal patients or those that need help just to function, to begin with. It isn't so good for a person with responsibilities or a life to live.
    Actually there is no need for THC vapor. All you need is the extract for pain and seizures, and you can process the extracts without the THC, so no one gets high.

10. The Following User Groans At RestoreCommonSense For This Awful Post:

countryboy (11-26-2019)

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You have to demonized drug use... Make it socially unacceptable. If you start getting wishy-washy with tolerance, all hell breaks lose.

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

It's always been like that. Alcohol is a deadly drug, but nobody cares.

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I'm a social conservative. I don't like guns. LGBT, or drug culture. Where did all the social conservatives go

14. The Following User Groans At RestoreCommonSense For This Awful Post:

countryboy (11-26-2019)

15. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    It's always been like that. Alcohol is a deadly drug, but nobody cares.
    With alcohol, you have to demonize binge drinking. We should make it illegal to have a certain alcohol blood level... Teen's that party and get completely intoxicated on the beach, should spend a week behind bars... That's just my opinion.

If adults want a glass of wine, with dinner... not issue there.

16. The Following User Groans At RestoreCommonSense For This Awful Post:

countryboy (11-26-2019)

17. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

If you a student in Singapore tried and sell drugs at their school, that student will get the cane by the Principal. We need to bring back corporal discipline, and teach our young people social values.

If it prevents drug addicts, a red mark on the wrist... is a fair trade off...

Pain is only temporary, the damage from drugs ruins lives.

18. The Following User Groans At RestoreCommonSense For This Awful Post:

countryboy (11-26-2019)

19. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Yes
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

20. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

"Opium trade, in Chinese history, the traffic that developed in the 18th and 19th centuries in which Western countries, mostly Great Britain, exported opium grown in India and sold it to China. The British used the profits from the sale of opium to purchase such Chinese luxury goods as porcelain, silk, and tea, which were in great demand in the West."
    https://www.britannica.com/topic/opium-trade

Don't be an Idiot. Getting the Consumers hooked on Tobacco, Alcohol, and other Drugs is good for Business. (Admit you're a Communist!)

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack For This Post:

Mason Melchizedek (11-26-2019)

22. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,440 Times in 2,013 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 611 Times in 582 Posts

Actually there is no need for THC vapor. All you need is the extract for pain and seizures, and you can process the extracts without the THC, so no one gets high.
    People been getting high on Marijuana thousands of years.You're spinning your wheels
    Tie Your 'roo down Mate