Thread: Trump signs bill making animal cruelty a FEDERAL FELONY

1. #121 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Sure beat the fuck out of your retarded zinger, retard.

Keep trying, maybe some day you'll top me.

But I doubt it because you're such a fucking witless boob.
    A fucking midget can top you Gonad. You are a barely functional illiterate.

2. #122 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    You are shadow boxing a problem which only exists in your mind

This law has nothing to do with the general welfare clause.

Per post #39, the law's authority is based on the interstate commerce clause, which is a specifically enumerated constitutional authority of the federal government.
    I think in the three Constitutional law courses I took, the commerce clause may have been in the top of all provisions discussed.
    And for unknown reasons Republicans are now unaware of its existence. Gibbons v Ogden etc etc...

They are ignorant due to no education, watching crap fake news and some weird sense of authority it gives them.

They all simply appear stupid as shit to people who know.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

Cypress (11-29-2019)

4. #123 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,005 Times in 8,032 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,672 Times in 1,550 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    A fucking midget can top you Gonad. You are a barely functional illiterate.
    So then, what you're saying is that a midget can do something that you can't.

Ergo, you are even less than a midget.

Just keep on walking into the door, idiot.

It's hilarious.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

5. #124 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,231 Times in 3,449 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,212 Times in 1,887 Posts

The courts' power of judicial review was put in place to make sure laws passed by congress stay within the limits of the constitution.

In the United States, judicial review is the ability of a court to examine and decide if a statute, treaty or administrative regulation contradicts or violates the provisions of existing law, a State Constitution, or ultimately the United States Constitution. While the U.S. Constitution does not explicitly define a power of judicial review, the authority for judicial review in the United States has been inferred from the structure, provisions, and history of the Constitution.

It's what we call our system of checks and balances and the separation of powers.

THINK, miserable democracy-hating racist.

HAHAHA. You call me a democracy-hater even though it is YOU who wants 9 UNELECTED JUDGES to have final say on every issue!!!!
    Reckless drivers are a bigger threat to you than all other criminals put together!

THE BIG LIE - Blacks and whites are different physically but identical mentally!

There is no way 81 million americans voted for a man they know is a child molester w dementia. Impeach Joe the Pedophile Vegetable (JPV)

6. The Following User Groans At Text Drivers are Killers For This Awful Post:

Nomad (11-30-2019)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Text Drivers are Killers For This Post:

MAGA MAN (11-30-2019)

8. #125 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,126 Times in 11,698 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,352 Posts
    Blog Entries

Go tell the SCOTUS that they've been wrong all these years they've ruled on cases using the clause as a basis, and that you understand the Constitution better than they do, you yammering nitwit.

The 'general welfare' clause is not an enumerated power of the United States. You cannot use it to destroy the rest of the Constitution.

The Supreme Court does not have authority to change the Constitution.

9. The Following User Groans At Into the Night For This Awful Post:

Nomad (11-30-2019)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Into the Night For This Post:

MAGA MAN (11-30-2019)

11. #126 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

So now you're contradicting yourself.

First you claim that Madison disapproved of the literal interpretation of the GW clause which is true. And you say that you are against it too.

But the courts have consistently upheld that interpretation of the GW clause and based rulings on it, which is why you complain so much about how the courts supposedly misinterpret the Constitution.

Now you're saying that the Madisonian view, which did not recognize the GW clause as it's interpreted today, is the view that prevailed.

So, which is it?

Did the Madison view which did not interpret the words "general welfare" to mean what the courts have always interpreted it to mean, prevail?

If so, then why do the courts rule in a way that is antithetical to Madison's view?

And, if you agree with Madison and his view prevailed as you claim, then why are you and fucks like you constantly complaining that the courts aren't following the Constitution?

You obviously either don't know wtf you're talking about, or you think that you can baffle us with bullshit.

It's difficult to decide which because they've both always been equal parts of your standard M.O.

I wasn't chastising you about name-calling because I couldn't give a fuck what you or your kind calls me. I was calling you out on your rank hypocrisy for playing the poor, innocent little victim when in fact, you're anything but.

As for your score keeping, I guess if that's the kind of thing you need to feel better about yourself, then have at it.

Hell, go ahead and rack yourself up a few bonus points and make up some bogus reason for it.

You're still a dork and a troll either way, Dork Troll.

I haven't contradicted myself at all. The writers of the Constitution understood it's actual meaning. Madison predicted that some would bastardize it and mocked them for their inability to understand simple English. And, as predicted, contemporary judges have misunderstood its meaning. Since these are not stupid people, they have done so purposefully.

5-0 now. You're falling behind.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MAGA MAN For This Post:

Sailor (11-30-2019)

13. #127 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

So then, what you're saying is that a midget can do something that you can't.

Ergo, you are even less than a midget.

Just keep on walking into the door, idiot.

It's hilarious.
    Are you, Micabwer and Domer all inbred brethren? You all have the same complete lack of intellect. The same limpwristed traits. The same lame ass comments. Forget that I asked if you are all inbred. It is quite apparent.

14. #128 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Typical rwnj goofballs who run their yaps about adhering to the Constitution but ignore the parts they don't like....

Quote Originally Posted by Text Drivers are Killers View Post
    HAHAHA. You call me a democracy-hater even though it is YOU who wants 9 UNELECTED JUDGES to have final say on every issue!!!!
    Article lll Sections 1 and 2 says they have that power. Go cry harder if you don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    The 'general welfare' clause is not an enumerated power of the United States. You cannot use it to destroy the rest of the Constitution.

The Supreme Court does not have authority to change the Constitution.
    Nobody is claiming they do. But like it or not, they have the power to interpret it and decide whether or not any law or other act of Congress or the President conforms to its intent.

Article III of the Constitution establishes the federal judiciary. Article III, Section I states that "The judicial Power of the United States, shall be vested in one supreme Court, and in such inferior Courts as the Congress may from time to time ordain and establish." Although the Constitution establishes the Supreme Court, it permits Congress to decide how to organize it. Congress first exercised this power in the Judiciary Act of 1789. This Act created a Supreme Court with six justices. It also established the lower federal court system.

Article lll

Section 1

The judicial Power of the United States, shall be vested in one supreme Court, and in such inferior Courts as the Congress may from time to time ordain and establish. The Judges, both of the supreme and inferior Courts, shall hold their Offices during good Behaviour, and shall, at stated Times, receive for their Services, a Compensation, which shall not be diminished during their Continuance in Office.

Section 2

The judicial Power shall extend to all Cases, in Law and Equity, arising under this Constitution, the Laws of the United States, and Treaties made, or which shall be made, under their Authority;--to all Cases affecting Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls;--to all Cases of admiralty and maritime Jurisdiction;--to Controversies to which the United States shall be a Party;--to Controversies between two or more States;--between a State and Citizens of another State;--between Citizens of different States;--between Citizens of the same State claiming Lands under Grants of different States, and between a State, or the Citizens thereof, and foreign States, Citizens or Subjects.

In all Cases affecting Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, and those in which a State shall be Party, the supreme Court shall have original Jurisdiction. In all the other Cases before mentioned, the supreme Court shall have appellate Jurisdiction, both as to Law and Fact, with such Exceptions, and under such Regulations as the Congress shall make.

The Trial of all Crimes, except in Cases of Impeachment; shall be by Jury; and such Trial shall be held in the State where the said Crimes shall have been committed; but when not committed within any State, the Trial shall be at such Place or Places as the Congress may by Law have directed.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

15. #129 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul View Post
    I haven't contradicted myself at all. The writers of the Constitution understood it's actual meaning. Madison predicted that some would bastardize it and mocked them for their inability to understand simple English.
    You've done nothing BUT contradict yourself.

You claim that Madison disapproved of the literal interpretation of the GW clause and you do too.

But the courts have consistently upheld that interpretation and based rulings on it, which is why you complain so much about how the courts supposedly misinterpret the Constitution.

Then you said that the Madisonian view, which did not recognize the literal interpretation of the clause is the view that prevailed.

So if his view, the one you agree with, prevailed, why do you bitch and complain about the way the courts rule?

If Madison's views prevailed as you claimed, and you agree with him, you'd have nothing to bitch about.

You've created your own Catch-22, idiot. You've painted yourself into a corner you can't explain your way out of.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul View Post
    And, as predicted, contemporary judges have misunderstood its meaning. Since these are not stupid people, they have done so purposefully.

5-0 now. You're falling behind.
    And you're such a typical bloviating right-wing hot air bag, you actually believe that your lame-brained, uneducated in the law, layman's OPINION carries any weight or validity whatsoever just because Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh told you it does.

0-5 now. You're falling behind.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

16. #130 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Are you, Micabwer and Domer all inbred brethren? You all have the same complete lack of intellect. The same limpwristed traits. The same lame ass comments. Forget that I asked if you are all inbred. It is quite apparent.
    And you just repeat the same old lame, tired-ass junk over and over and over again, just like the dim-witted one trick pony you are.

There must be a 10 year old kid around somewhere you could hire to write some fresh new material for a witless old drunk like you.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

Micawber (11-30-2019)

18. #131 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

And you just repeat the same old lame, tired-ass junk over and over and over again, just like the dim-witted one trick pony you are.

There must be a 10 year old kid around somewhere you could hire to write some fresh new material for a witless old drunk like you.
    Yawn. Keep flapping your limp wrists around Dainty Hands. It really is all you have.

19. #132 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yawn. Keep flapping your limp wrists around Dainty Hands. It really is all you have.
    Yawn. Keep flapping your cum encrusted lips with the same tired old crap Dainty Dick. It really is all you have.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

20. #133 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Yawn. Keep flapping your cum encrusted lips with the same tired old crap Dainty Dick. It really is all you have.
    Still whining like the little bitch you are Dainty Hands.

21. #134 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Still whining like the little bitch you are Dainty Hands.
    Still drooling like the retard you are Dainty Dick.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

22. #135 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

You just appear to me to be someone who lumps aggressive personalities with more intelligence than yours into a group identity. We threaten you.
    You flail and lash out foolishly. More important than your inferiority complex is your boring post content. You don't even try to be interesting.
    Why the hell are you even here? To bore people to death? I've never seen that actually work, but you could be the first to succeed.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

Nomad (11-30-2019)