Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Are Conservatives Second Amendment Extremists?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 12 Times in 12 Posts

Default Are Conservatives Second Amendment Extremists?

Let me introduce myself... I'm a conservative from Canada. There are many things I like about conservatives. I appreciate their sense of shrinking government to keep our taxes low. I'm completely against deficit-financing unless there is a bad recession, war or national emergency. I'm against political correctness. I don't support the climate cult... The list goes on and on. What I can't understand about American conservatives is their obsessions with guns.

I live outside Toronto, and I've only seen one hand gun in my life. If I had to guess, I think less than 1% of my suburban neighbors has a hand gun in their house. Some people have rifles for hunting.

If you draw a picture of a gun in a high school, you will get an automatic suspension.

To be honest, I'm glad no one has guns... There are a lot of stressed out people, and my first concern with people owning a firearm is suicide.

In this day and age, anyone can lose their mind... and if you happen to have a gun in proximity to someone who offends you, some people might use it.

So America has a serious problem with mass shootings. I don't get why conservatives want to support the NRA? Are you really worried about the government going tyrannical, and kicking your door down to send you to concentration camps?

I don't see the government breaking into anyone s homes.... but I hear about some school shooting on the news at least once a week.

I doubt any of these are false flags.... They're just pissed off bullied kids, who decide they want to kill a few people, before they take their own lives.

So the promotion of the second amendment is having real world consequences.... Why don't conservatives feel any shame about their extremist second amendment rhetoric?

With mental illness on a steap time, isn't it time we stop selling semi-automatic weapons?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RestoreCommonSense For This Post:

Charoite (11-26-2019), Truth Detector (11-26-2019)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,527 Times in 11,565 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RestoreCommonSense View Post
    Let me introduce myself... I'm a conservative from Canada. There are many things I like about conservatives. I appreciate their sense of shrinking government to keep our taxes low. I'm completely against deficit-financing unless there is a bad recession, war or national emergency. I'm against political correctness. I don't support the climate cult... The list goes on and on. What I can't understand about American conservatives is their obsessions with guns.

I live outside Toronto, and I've only seen one hand gun in my life. If I had to guess, I think less than 1% of my suburban neighbors has a hand gun in their house. Some people have rifles for hunting.

If you draw a picture of a gun in a high school, you will get an automatic suspension.

To be honest, I'm glad no one has guns... There are a lot of stressed out people, and my first concern with people owning a firearm is suicide.

In this day and age, anyone can lose their mind... and if you happen to have a gun in proximity to someone who offends you, some people might use it.

So America has a serious problem with mass shootings. I don't get why conservatives want to support the NRA? Are you really worried about the government going tyrannical, and kicking your door down to send you to concentration camps?

I don't see the government breaking into anyone s homes.... but I hear about some school shooting on the news at least once a week.

I doubt any of these are false flags.... They're just pissed off bullied kids, who decide they want to kill a few people, before they take their own lives.

So the promotion of the second amendment is having real world consequences.... Why don't conservatives feel any shame about their extremist second amendment rhetoric?

With mental illness on a steap time, isn't it time we stop selling semi-automatic weapons?
    First off it is a little irritating that a citizen of a known liberal country that in the past harbored draft dodgers comes here trying to pass him/her self off as a conservative. When the majority of their diatribe is against true conservatives defending one of our rights under the constitution.

You have the nerve to use the same old left wing BS
    Are you really worried about the government going tyrannical, and kicking your door down to send you to concentration camps?
    It has nothing to do with kicking down doors in the middle of the night! It has everything to do with protecting our rights. If the government is allowed to take away our 2nd amendment rights then what is to stop them from taking away the complete bill of rights. The American left have been trying to circumvent the constitution for decades in search of unlimited political power.

You say you are glad that
    less than 1% of my suburban neighbors has a hand gun in their house.
    I hope the day never comes when your life is in danger from a drugged out burglar when the cops will take 10 minutes or better to get there and none of your neighbors can help.

You go on about school shootings. We agree that is a major problem but the 2nd amendment isn't the cause. The main cause is children are not taught to respect life and others. They aren't taught to stickup for themselves and that not everyone is a winner. I believe that this is a direct cause of the breakdown of the family unit and society, women raising children with no father around etc.

In short keep your left wing Canadian BS north of the border we have enough problems as it is.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eagle_Eye For This Post:

Cancel 2020.2 (11-28-2019), Truth Detector (11-26-2019)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Well you could learn a thing or two about our left wing BS. First off you're President ran a 1.47 Trillion deficit between July 2016 and July 2017. Canada's current deficit is 21 billion. So when you adjust for inflation, Donald Trump is increasing the debt per person, 12 times higher Than Justin Trudeau. You say you want to Make America Great Again, yet you elect somebody who's outspending Obama by 25%. Wake up. You're sitting at 23 Trillion in debt.

When things collapse, you don't want a bung of drugged out thugs causing a civil war with Military style assault riffles.

American conservatism isn't working.

And as far as home security, we should learn how to use non lethal weapons... Once you kill someone, it will sit on your conscience for the rest of your life. It doesn't matter if the person was trying to Rob you, you will feel terrible.

Guns don't make you stronger. They make you culturally pathetic.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RestoreCommonSense For This Post:

Charoite (11-26-2019), domer76 (11-26-2019)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

In Canada were told to feel shame towards the Gun... I really like the fact.... I can go to anyones house... and not worry about some durnk idiot snapping and shooting someone. Come to Canada... It's really relaxing.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to RestoreCommonSense For This Post:

Charoite (11-26-2019)

9. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

After all the school shootings. This is what a patriotic American should be doing. There is no need for semi automatic weapons.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to RestoreCommonSense For This Post:

Charoite (11-26-2019)

11. #6 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,514 Times in 16,976 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

You have absolutely zero-point-shit knowledge of the NRA. Why must you condemn an organization you have no knowledge of?
    I have a number of guns, everything from black powder guns through military issued rifles and handguns. None have ever been
    used criminally and each has a purpose of usage. We here in the US of A have a constitution which protects my right to own them.
    As I've often said, we never shot anyone when we'd take our hunting guns to school to go hunting afterwards. Education worked
    for my generation as it did for previous generations. It would work for this one too, if it were taught.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

Cancel 2020.2 (11-28-2019), Into the Night (11-26-2019), Truth Detector (11-26-2019)

13. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

14. The Following User Says Thank You to RestoreCommonSense For This Post:

Charoite (11-26-2019)

15. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

In Canada were told to feel shame towards the Gun... I really like the fact.... I can go to anyones house... and not worry about some durnk idiot snapping and shooting someone. Come to Canada... It's really relaxing.
    Been there, it's nice, but I'll stay right here in the "good 'ole USA."
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

Truth Detector (11-26-2019)

17. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

If you own a semi automatic weapon, you voting with your dollars... Your buying weapons from gun manufactures who don't give a rats ass about school shootings. If they did, they would be speaking up loudly, in favour of background checks, and serious gun reforms.

By purchasing those weapons, your financially supporting industries that are responsible for the death of thousands of school students.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to RestoreCommonSense For This Post:

Charoite (11-26-2019)

19. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

If you own a semi automatic weapon, you voting with your dollars... Your buying weapons from gun manufactures who don't give a rats ass about school shootings. If they did, they would be speaking up loudly, in favour of background checks, and serious gun reforms.

By purchasing those weapons, your financially supporting industries that are responsible for the death of thousands of school students.
    I own several, 3 purchased from the Army. Neither I, nor the manufacturers are responsible for their use criminally. That responsibility falls on the criminal. Period.
    Oh, and by the way, we now have background checks. We didn't when I started my collection and there weren't any of these shootings.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

21. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

Your argument....throwing the baby out with the bath water? You want to remove the right of all people to protect themselves from criminal assault in REAL TIME (police response to physical threat often take from 1/4 hr. to 1/2 to respond to call.....the victim...will be...A VICTIM before real time protection is provided)…...by making the law abiding citizen criminals for owning weapons those CRIMINALS (they are called criminals for a reason) can easily access regardless of the number of Ad nauseam laws on the books.

This is a leftist mentality....you take away the rights of the 99% in order to punish the 1%? This is exactly why The United States has a Gun rights statutory commitment in the US CONSTIUTION. There are certain RIGHTS that are transcendent to actual freedom. Among these are the right to LIFE (its a most difficult thing to maintain a right if you are a victim of crime or a corrupt totalitarian government) and Liberty (its also most difficult to maintain your liberty if the government makes you a criminal for exercising your right to protect your own life and property).

With the left its always about some emotion, heart tugging projected "Hypothetical" situation. Such as your suggestion that removing Semi-automatic weapons from the public will reduce gun crimes..when, in reality: The majority of Gun related deaths come from hand guns, which are also semi-automatic. There you have it....first you remove the rifles that LOOK like assault weapons but actually function like handguns with the same semi-auto capacity...then a LIGHT WILL COME ON....hand guns are also semi-automatic...we must also take them, there is a legal precedent that bans semi-auto guns.

Social Fascist SLIPPERY SLOPE. If anyone wants the 2nd amendment rescinded......Amend the Constitution with a 3/4 supermajority ratification of THE PEOPLE.
    Last edited by Ralph; 11-26-2019 at 08:06 PM.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ralph For This Post:

23. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I don't have a problem with peoples rights. I have a problem with gun culture. Americans make guns apart of their ego... That's the problem. Canadians also have the right to own a gun...but we treat it like Sex in the bedroom. We don't brag about it... We embrace modesty.

Braging about owning guns if froned upon, and it keeps us safe.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RestoreCommonSense For This Post:

Charoite (11-26-2019), domer76 (11-26-2019)

25. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I don't have a problem with peoples rights. I have a problem with gun culture. Americans make guns apart of their ego... That's the problem. Canadians also have the right to own a gun...but we treat it like Sex in the bedroom. We don't brag about it... We embrace modesty.

Braging about owning guns if froned upon, and it keeps us safe.
    Obviously, you haven't the balls to address my posts, but that's fine. I own guns for a variety of purposes. Everything from hunting, target shooting to competitions and investments.
    My guns aren't a part of my ego, they're a part of my recreational life. They will be until I decide they won't be, or I'm dead.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

Truth Detector (11-26-2019)

27. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

How often do you hear about School shootings in Canada? They might happen once or twice per decade.... It seems like at least one person is getting shot in a school once a week.... Down in the United States...

I think we should ban all semi-automatic weapons... For hunter or home protection.... You can have a shotgun or a lever action rifle.

When you let gun manufacturers sell 30 round rapid-fire weapons, you run into problems.

You just can't keep them out of the hands of crazy people, who cause tremendous harm.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to RestoreCommonSense For This Post:

Charoite (11-26-2019)

29. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You sound like a perfectly reasonable gun owner.... If there were more like you, maybe liberals could back off a bit... unfortunetly there is a serious problem with mental illness, and something needs to be done... To make sure only responsible citizens can own firearms.