Thread: Graham amplifies his calls for Biden investigation: ‘My conscience is clear'

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Default Graham amplifies his calls for Biden investigation: ‘My conscience is clear'

U.S. Sen. Lindsey Graham ramped up his call to investigate Joe Biden and his son Hunter’s involvement in a Ukrainian energy company, rejecting Biden’s accusation the probe is driven by Graham’s reelection fears.

South Carolina’s senior Republican, who for weeks has called the House impeachment inquiry a “joke” and a “sham,” said his efforts are driven by fairness in exposing the Bidens to what President Donald Trump is facing.

“This is me doing this, nobody else,” Graham told reporters in Charleston on Monday. “I don’t like being put in this spot.”

e continued, “If you had a legitimate inquiry in the House, I wouldn’t have to be doing this. But we’re not going to live where just Donald Trump and his family gets looked at. We’re going to live in a world where everybody gets looked at if there’s a question reasonably to be asked.”

Specifically, Graham said he wants to see transcripts of Biden’s 3 phones calls from February and March 2016 with Ukraine’s then-president, Petro Poroshenko, regarding U.S. demands that the country fire its top prosecutor.

“And if there’s nothing there, I’ll be the first one to say there’s nothing there,” Graham promised.
    Graham’s comments come as other Republicans are attempting to redirect the nation’s political focus away from the impeachment hearings and toward the Biden family and their business connections to Burisma Holdings, a Ukrainian gas company.

In his 20-minute press conference in Charleston, Graham repeatedly accused the media of treating the Biden accusation unfairly.

“This is an effort to find out who did what,” Graham said, when asked whether his inquiry was rooted in trying to upend Biden’s 2020 presidential campaign efforts.

“Joe Biden is a good friend. But if we’re going to look at corruption in the Ukraine, we’re going to look at both sides,” Graham said.
    Last week, Graham requested documents from the State Department in an effort to uncover new information related to Hunter Biden’s activities while he was on the board.

The move upset Biden, who in a CNN interview said he was “embarrassed” for his longtime Senate colleague and friend.

“I am disappointed, and quite frankly I’m angered, by the fact — he knows me, he knows my son. He knows there’s nothing to this,” Biden told host Don Lemon.
    “Trump is now essentially holding power over him that even the Ukrainians wouldn’t yield to.
    The Ukrainians would not yield to, quote, ‘investigate Biden’ — there’s nothing to investigate about Biden or his son.”

Asked about Biden’s response, Graham said the comments are “not going to work.”

“My conscience is clear,” Graham said, while taking questions from reporters in Charleston.

“I love Joe Biden as a person. He is a really decent man. He’s had a lot of tragedy in his life, but I have a conscience very clear right now.
    I have a duty, if the House is going to shut it down the Senate is going to pick it up,” he said.
    https://www.postandcourier.com/polit...2c3818db7.html

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Bigdog (11-25-2019), Truth Detector (11-25-2019)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I have a duty, if the House is going to shut it down the Senate is going to pick it up,” he said.
    a fair "inquiry" instead of the Schiff Show would have called Biden and Hunter in for at least depositions .

the basic sequence Graham is looking at:

1. Ukraine Prosecutor General (Shokin) raids the Burisma Holdings oligarchs house, and seizes property
    2. Hunter personally contacts the State Dept and takes a meeting with some dweeb there
    3. Joe Biden calls Poroshenko at least 3 times in the next month
    4. Poroshenko fires Shokin ; according to Shokin not for any malfeasance but "for the good of Ukraine"
    ( to get the money Biden threatened)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Truth Detector (11-25-2019)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,683 Times in 27,327 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Nothing can be trusted coming from a person who can flip flop from saying Donald Trump is a degenerate bigot and damaged human being, to being Trump's foremost defender and apologist.

It takes a person with a remarkable lack of integrity to be able to execute the mental gymnastics and pretzel logic the way Linda Graham has.

"He's a race-baiting, xenophobic, religious bigot," ...."He doesn't represent my party. He doesn't represents the values that the men and women who wear the uniform are fighting for. ... He's the ISIL man of the year."

-Lindsey Graham speaking about Donald Trump in 2015

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Nothing can be trusted coming from a person who can flip flop from saying Donald Trump is a degenerate bigot and damaged human being, to being Trump's foremost defender and apologist.

It takes a person with a remarkable lack of integrity to be able to execute the mental gymnastics and pretzel logic the way Linda Graham has.
    please address the topic

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,683 Times in 27,327 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    please address the topic
    "U.S. Sen. Lindsey Graham ramped up his call to investigate Joe Biden and his son Hunter’s involvement in a Ukrainian energy company, rejecting Biden’s accusation the probe is driven by Graham’s reelection fears."
    Credibility is Linda Graham's issue.

Explain to me why I should trust the honesty and forthrightness of a Senator who flip flops from calling Trump a race-bating degenerate bigot as recently as 2015, to being Trump's foremost fan boy beginning in 2017 - just 24 months later.

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Credibility is Linda Graham's issue.

Explain to me why I should trust the honesty and forthrightness of a Senator who flip flops from calling Trump a race-bating degenerate bigot as recently as 2015, to being Trump's foremost fan boy beginning in 2017 - just 24 months later.
    you've heard of political expediency?
    are you seriously looking for honesty and consistency from any politician?

see my post 2 for why Graham wants this investigation

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Sociopaths all have clear consciences.