Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Most now oppose impeachment as Trump approval turns positive, 48% to 47%

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 603 Times in 570 Posts

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

^Adolf, the new Kenny Cartoon. Too fucking stupid and lazy to make a point himself.

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello dukkha,

False. It is totally an outlier.

Emerson is the ONLY polling that shows a slight advantage in favor of Trump.

All of the rest of the polling services in Real Clear Politics charts show favorable numbers for impeachment and disapproval of Trump.

President Trump Job Approval:

Poll.......................Date...........Sample.. .......Approve...Disapprove...Spread
    RCP Average...........11/1 - 11/20....--...............44.3...........52.9........-8.6
    Emerson................11/17 - 11/20...1092 RV.......48............47...........+1
    Rasmussen.............11/18 - 11/20..1500 LV........46............53...........-7
    Reuters/Ipsos.........11/18 - 11/19...960 RV.........41............56..........-15
    Economist/YouGov...11/17 - 11/19...1224 RV.......44............54..........-10
    Politico..................11/15 - 11/17...1994 RV.......41............55..........-14
    NPR/PBS/Marist.......11/11 - 11/15...988 RV.........44............51..........-7
    The Hill/HarrisX........11/8 - 11/9.....1204 RV........47............53..........-6
    Gallup....................11/1 - 11/14....1015 A.........43............54..........-11

And notice the sample of the Emerson poll is RV. (Registered Voters.) LV (Likely Voters) is more accurate. Who cares what people who don't vote think? They don't vote.

#1, it's not an outlier, marquette also had similar results.

#2, yes likely voters is a more accurate sample, and as I always say on here, likely voters skews even more conservative than a registered voter sample. Feel free to ask me why.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,848 Times in 3,129 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    Jerkwad brought it upon himself. He always has been a crook, liar and racketeering grifter, but he was way too dumb to bring his one trick pony act to the international arena. He squandered the opportunity to change his routine but maybe he had no choice as per Putin. So take your polls and place them where the sun don't shine because Trump's fate is sealed...even more so than his school records or tax returns.
    AWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.... poor wuddle poll lovin' baby no likey da poll since it no support what he support... AWEEEEEEE MANNNNNNNN....

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Stardawg,

Quote Originally Posted by Stardawg View Post
    #1, it's not an outlier, marquette also had similar results.

#2, yes likely voters is a more accurate sample, and as I always say on here, likely voters skews even more conservative than a registered voter sample. Feel free to ask me why.
    I was aware of the Marquette poll. I found myself wondering why that one is not included in the RCP average of major polls in the USA.

Then it dawned on me. Oh yeah! The Marguette poll is only people in Wisconsin. It's not a major US poll.

I'm sure any poll conducted in a region which is majority Trump fans would show similar results. And RCP is right to not include such outliers.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

6. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Stardawg,

I was aware of the Marquette poll. I found myself wondering why that one is not included in the RCP average of major polls in the USA.

Then it dawned on me. Oh yeah! The Marguette poll is only people in Wisconsin. It's not a major US poll.

I'm sure any poll conducted in a region which is majority Trump fans would show similar results. And RCP is right to not include such outliers.
    historically wisconsin was a democrat impenetrable fortress. the marquette poll still reflects the national poll results, and is in a crucial battleground state and thus is arguably even more important.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BRUTALITOPS For This Post:

Stretch (11-22-2019)

8. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    Go to Russia or any of the other countries where Trump adores and praises its dictators because that is all you deserve if you support a lifelong racketeer. Real Americans deserve way better than a degenerate traitor in The White House. You deserve a standard bearer who can shoot you and yours on Fifth Avenue and get away with it if he so desires because he is above the law and you agree. Yes, the rest of us definitely deserve and expect better.
    It was BAMA who sought to appease Russia...not Trump. BAMA was against sending lethal aid to Ukraine...not Trump.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

9. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    its a run away train, they cant stop it if they wanted to,,yes indeed Ukraine has lots of corrupt stories to tell
    I still don't think that they will take this to the Senate where Pecilneck and his "leaker" would have to appear under oath.
    That being said..........we win either way.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

10. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,187 Times in 13,935 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,051 Times in 2,846 Posts

House impeachment proceedings have helped — not hurt — President Trump’s approval in the eyes of voters, and in the latest survey, his rating has turned positive thanks to a massive revolt against impeachment by independents.

The just-released Emerson Poll found that 48% approve of Trump, and 47% do not.

What’s more, support for impeachment is now negative, a finding that backs up other recent polling.

President Trump’s approval has increased in the last month with 48% approval and 47% disapproval, a bounce from 43% approval in the last Emerson National poll in October," according to the analysis shared after Wednesday's "blockbuster" testimony of Gordon Sondland, the U.S. ambassador to the European Union.

According to the analysis, “support for impeachment has flipped since October from 48% support with 44% opposing, to now 45% opposed and 43% in support.
    The biggest swing is among independents, who oppose impeachment now 49% to 34%, which is a reversal from October where they supported impeachment 48% to 39%."

Trump is also beating or tied with every Democratic presidential candidate except Sen. Bernie Sanders in the new poll. Against Sanders, Trump is losing 49% to 50%, well within the margin of error.
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/w...positive-48-47
    Wait a day and there will be another poll

Get a kick out of Trumpkins citing polls, they are just like Trump, if they find one that supports what they want to hear, they run with it, if it contradicts their reality, it's fake news

11. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Wait a day and there will be another poll

Get a kick out of Trumpkins citing polls, they are just like Trump, if they find one that supports what they want to hear, they run with it, if it contradicts their reality, it's fake news
    I posted it because it's more then a snapshot. Marquette showed the same thing in WI, Trump is beating all the Dems and the Independents have swung from 10 points in favor of impeachment, to 10 points against -a 20 point swing.
    RCP has him at 44%+

People know the process is rank partisanship, unlike the Clinton and Nixon hearings which were above board,
    with equal subpoena power and not done in secret like the Schiff SCIF.

You can sit there and tell me why Schff had to do it this way - i disagree that all of this could have been done
    in the open since NOTHING IS CLASSIFIED.

But your beef is with the public now, not just 'Trumpkins'- by the looks of it they agree the Schiff show was trash

12. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Stretch (11-22-2019)

13. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello dukkha,

False. It is totally an outlier.

Emerson is the ONLY polling that shows a slight advantage in favor of Trump.

All of the rest of the polling services in Real Clear Politics charts show favorable numbers for impeachment and disapproval of Trump.

President Trump Job Approval:

Poll.......................Date...........Sample.. .......Approve...Disapprove...Spread
    RCP Average...........11/1 - 11/20....--...............44.3...........52.9........-8.6
    Emerson................11/17 - 11/20...1092 RV.......48............47...........+1
    Rasmussen.............11/18 - 11/20..1500 LV........46............53...........-7
    Reuters/Ipsos.........11/18 - 11/19...960 RV.........41............56..........-15
    Economist/YouGov...11/17 - 11/19...1224 RV.......44............54..........-10
    Politico..................11/15 - 11/17...1994 RV.......41............55..........-14
    NPR/PBS/Marist.......11/11 - 11/15...988 RV.........44............51..........-7
    The Hill/HarrisX........11/8 - 11/9.....1204 RV........47............53..........-6
    Gallup....................11/1 - 11/14....1015 A.........43............54..........-11

And notice the sample of the Emerson poll is RV. (Registered Voters.) LV (Likely Voters) is more accurate. Who cares what people who don't vote think? They don't vote.

"When asked which statement best reflected their view of the president's conduct after the first round of open testimony, 70% said "Trump's actions were wrong." Fifty-one percent said his acts were wrong and deserved impeachment in the House and conviction in the Senate."

70%

The polling which favors Trump can easily be explained by asking respondents if they watched the impeachment hearings. I would expect to hear that they have not.

If respondents are getting their information from Trump-favorable websites or Fox, which only parrots the NOT-UNDER-OATH statements from Republicans, it is understandable why they are misinformed. Propaganda works. That's why Republicans use it.
    I'm not talking about Trump's favorables,but he's back up over 44% RCP
    I meant on IMPEACHMENT the polls all show continuing decline in support.
    Almost all polls us RV -Rasmussen is the lone exception that uses LV ( to my knowledge).

The Schiff Show was supposed to show clear quids, "extortion" or "bribery"( the crime of the day from that guy)
    and build momentum for the Judiciary hearings.
    It's done just the opposite. People are hip to the fact nothing is even close to an 'impeachable offense'
    and Schiff's disgusting fairy tales and hyperbolic garbage about a "criminal POTUS" is being laughed at.

14. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello dukkha,

I'm not talking about Trump's favorables,but he's back up over 44% RCP
    I meant on IMPEACHMENT the polls all show continuing decline in support.
    Almost all polls us RV -Rasmussen is the lone exception that uses LV ( to my knowledge).

The Schiff Show was supposed to show clear quids, "extortion" or "bribery"( the crime of the day from that guy)
    and build momentum for the Judiciary hearings.
    It's done just the opposite. People are hip to the fact nothing is even close to an 'impeachable offense'
    and Schiff's disgusting fairy tales and hyperbolic garbage about a "criminal POTUS" is being laughed at.
    What people believe and the real truth are not always the same thing.

I don't consider what other people are saying when looking at a case. It's all about the evidence. The evidence indicates Trump committed bribery.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

15. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello dukkha,

What people believe and the real truth are not always the same thing.

I don't consider what other people are saying when looking at a case. It's all about the evidence. The evidence indicates Trump committed bribery.
    we were discussing polls and impeachment numbers -inherently what people "believe"

16. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,187 Times in 13,935 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,051 Times in 2,846 Posts

I posted it because it's more then a snapshot. Marquette showed the same thing in WI, Trump is beating all the Dems and the Independents have swung from 10 points in favor of impeachment, to 10 points against -a 20 point swing.
    RCP has him at 44%+

People know the process is rank partisanship, unlike the Clinton and Nixon hearings which were above board,
    with equal subpoena power and not done in secret like the Schiff SCIF.

You can sit there and tell me why Schff had to do it this way - i disagree that all of this could have been done
    in the open since NOTHING IS CLASSIFIED.

But your beef is with the public now, not just 'Trumpkins'- by the looks of it they agree the Schiff show was trash
    It is a poll, wait a day and there will be another poll, Real Clear Politics Average still has him at 44% approval rate

And the way this will be handled by Mitch the partisan chargers will be flying in both directions, however the facts exposed in the last two weeks of Trump's corruption will remain

17. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    It is a poll, wait a day and there will be another poll, Real Clear Politics Average still has him at 44% approval rate

And the way this will be handled by Mitch the partisan chargers will be flying in both directions, however the facts exposed in the last two weeks of Trump's corruption will remain
    lol..what "facts" a bunch of bureaucrats get upset we aren't getting enough money to Ukraine?
    Foreign aid isn't popular - money to fight da Russians is ginned up Russiaphobia, and even that has limits
    when I hear Schiff saying crap like "we fight them there so we don't have to fight them here"

We've just gone thru interventionism /wars - the DC establishment wants more and more interventionism
    but the popular will is for less and less.
    Russia phobia is a powerful boogeyman -but even that saw gets worn out