Thread: Fiona Hill Tells The Nation They’ve Been Lied to By Trump and The GOP

1. #106 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Trump has a string of law breaks and violations. However, Trump was using military aid that was approved by congress as a hammer to get Ukraine to announce an investigation of Bidens. That is a crime..
    unfortunately for you, you've not been able to show any real evidence of that beyond Schiff's parodies and Nancy's dancing.......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

2. #107 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Trump is president of the world partner they need the most. Do you think it would be wise for Zelensky to say Trump was squeezing him? What would Trump do if he said Trump was pressuring him? Think things out a little before you post.
    sad........I wonder what life would be like if lib'ruls like yourself could actually think for themselves.....
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

3. #108 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquillus in Exile View Post
    Sondland says he told a top aide to Zelensky that US aid was "likely" conditional on Ukraine playing along with Trump's scheme (see posts 90 & 92). But he kept Trump's name out of it. PMP thinks this clears Trump.
    what does he need to be cleared of, your political suspicions?.......that would never happen......

4. #109 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    Hill just zapped the GOP like the mosquitos they are. They should be lying in heaps on the floor of the Congress right about now.
    She gave sworn testimony under oath.

Nunes was not sworn in. He spoke freely and loosely because he was not under oath.

I believe Dr Hill. I believe our intelligence services.

I do not believe President Trump.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. #110 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello dukkha,

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    Ukrainian efforts to sabotage Trump backfire
    Kiev officials are scrambling to make amends with the president-elect after quietly working to boost Clinton.https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...ackfire-233446
    And are you suggesting that Military aide should be politically conditioned on who some people in Ukraine favored in the election?

There is no justification for Trump taking out personal revenge on a nation which is clearly in the United States best interest to support.

The President is supposed to leave personal politics behind and do his job for the United States.

He is not supposed to let his political ambitions dictate his handling of foreign policy.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

6. #111 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello dukkha,

And are you suggesting that Military aide should be politically conditioned on who some people in Ukraine favored in the election?

There is no justification for Trump taking out personal revenge on a nation which is clearly in the United States best interest to support.

The President is supposed to leave personal politics behind and do his job for the United States.

He is not supposed to let his political ambitions dictate his handling of foreign policy.
    where do you get that from my post??
    I posted to show that Ukraine DID MEDDLE in the 2016 election, unlike the crap Schiff is trying to sell they didn't

And some of it was at the behest of Hillary - and almost of it pro-Hillary.

PS nothing is "clear"about Ukraine
    i doubt you understand the Russian separatists (Donbass) are not Russian troops or i'd explain

7. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

RB 60 (11-22-2019)

8. #112 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

She gave sworn testimony under oath.
    Doesn't count when the oath-giver is a proven liar..................and not himself under oath while questioning.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

9. #113 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

OPINIONS

How aiding the Ukrainian military could push Putin into a regional war

By Fiona Hill and
    Clifford Gaddy
    February 5, 2015

Fiona Hill is the director of the Center on the United States and Europe at the Brookings Institution. Clifford Gaddy is a senior fellow in the center. They are co-authors of the book “Mr. Putin: Operative in the Kremlin.”

The United States is on a dangerous trajectory in its relations with Russia, a nuclear superpower that believes itself to be under direct threat. Several former U.S. officials and top think-tank experts released a report calling on the West to provide military support to Ukraine. (Two of them, our colleagues at the Brookings Institution, expanded on the report a week ago on this page [“Ukraine needs the West’s help now”].) The logic of sending weapons to Ukraine seems straightforward and is the same as the logic for economic sanctions: to change Vladi*mir Putin’s “calculus.” Increasing the Ukrainian army’s fighting capacity, the thinking goes, would allow it to kill more rebels and Russian soldiers, generating a backlash in Russia and ultimately forcing the Russian president to the negotiating table.

We strongly disagree. The evidence points in a different direction. If we follow the recommendations of this report, the Ukrainians won’t be the only ones caught in an escalating military conflict with Russia.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...7d6_story.html
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

10. #114 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Cinnabar,

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    As I said in another post...our laws are not sufficient for removing a traitor criminal in The White House in the rapid way it should happen.
    If you have a suggestion for a better way to provide oversight of our President than what is described in the Constitution please share.

Ultimately, it becomes political. We don't want a situation where a party can remove a President simply because they disagree with the previous election. It needs to be a high bar.

I understand it is appalling everything Trump has gotten away with, and it appears he will get away with this too, but elections do have consequences. If American people don't like what is going on I would strongly suggest they get registered and vote in 2020. And I would implore them to become as well-informed as possible.

11. #115 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Jack,

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    What's astounding is the complicity of the Republican Party. How they rush to defend Trump. Cult of Personality?
    Yes. Trumpism is a cult.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Jack (11-22-2019), Micawber (11-22-2019)

13. #116 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Jack,

Yes. Trumpism is a cult.
    OK. Thanks for the Confirmation.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack For This Post:

PoliTalker (11-22-2019)

15. #117 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,593 Times in 4,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,203 Times in 1,060 Posts

Hello Cinnabar,

If you have a suggestion for a better way to provide oversight of our President than what is described in the Constitution please share.

Ultimately, it becomes political. We don't want a situation where a party can remove a President simply because they disagree with the previous election. It needs to be a high bar.

I understand it is appalling everything Trump has gotten away with, and it appears he will get away with this too, but elections do have consequences. If American people don't like what is going on I would strongly suggest they get registered and vote in 2020. And I would implore them to become as well-informed as possible.
    Not agree with him? Are you joking? Trump is a traitor under the influence of an adversarial vengeful self-serving dictator. OMG! Trump is in this for himself. Not agree with him? Jeez!
    BLUEXIT
    A Modest Proposal For Separating Blue States From Red

Dear Red-State Trump Voter,
    Let’s face it, guys: We’re done.

It is a tragedy that so much of the work that so many men and women toiled at for so long to make this a better country, and a better world, has been thrown away, leaving us all in such needless peril.

This is why our separation in all but name is necessary.

https://newrepublic.com/article/1409...mp-red-america

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinnabar For This Post:

Micawber (11-22-2019)

17. #118 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

"Nothing to see here, move along." Criminal traitor GOP

18. #119 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jimmymccready View Post
    Trump will not be convicted by the Senate, but he and many of them will be in federal courts are Trump is defeated next year.
    And they should be. And so should Limbaugh Hannity and whoever has editorial control at Fox. But I hope that it can be done without undue attention paid to that, so
    we the people can govern with respect dignity statesmanship and above all TRUTH. All depends upon truth being told and not having a fake media that does not pretend
    everything is just a matter of opinion floating in the ether so they can just assert whatever the fuck they want if they have a vendetta, or a pecuniary order to fill, or
    just are subversive racists.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

jimmymccready (11-22-2019)

20. #120 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello dukkha,

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    where do you get that from my post??
    I posted to show that Ukraine DID MEDDLE in the 2016 election, unlike the crap Schiff is trying to sell they didn't

And some of it was at the behest of Hillary - and almost of it pro-Hillary.

PS nothing is "clear"about Ukraine
    i doubt you understand the Russian separatists (Donbass) are not Russian troops or i'd explain
    Right. They favored Hillary, so Trump has used his official powers to take out personal revenge on them.