Thread: Zelensky visit was offered to the White House with no conditions. WH letter

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Default Zelensky visit was offered to the White House with no conditions. WH letter

Ukraine felt no pressure to act in any manner for lethal aid to flow.

We also know that President Trump twice offered a White House visit - without conditions - in phone calls with President Zelensky.

And this letter again offered a visit without conditions.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Truth Detector (11-20-2019)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,335 Times in 22,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,239 Times in 2,979 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post

Ukraine felt no pressure to act in any manner for lethal aid to flow.

We also know that President Trump twice offered a White House visit - without conditions - in phone calls with President Zelensky.

And this letter again offered a visit without conditions.

CASE CLOSED!!
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Damn documents lol.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Still, in comments seized upon by Republicans, Sondland testified: “I never heard from President Trump that aid was conditioned on an announcement" of investigations. He said he never personally heard Trump discuss preconditions. And at one point, he confirmed Trump told him, "I want nothing."

Taken in their entirety, Sondland's statements Wednesday are likely to fuel the narratives of both parties. He was seen as a wild card going into the hearing, given he has offered testimony that conflicted with others' and recently amended his statements to acknowledge he did talk to Ukraine about investigations after initially indicating otherwise.

The impeachment inquiry was sparked by a whistleblower’s complaint about Trump's July 25 call when he asked Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelensky for political investigations – including involving former Vice President Joe Biden's family -- at the same time as U.S. military aid for the ally was being stalled.

Sondland made clear Wednesday he merely presumed the aid was linked to investigations, at one point referring to this as a "guess."

But he suggested he had his reasons, agreeing that the conclusion was like "two plus two equals four." He stressed he never got a clear answer on why the aid was held up, saying in the absence of an explanation he came to believe that the aid and the investigations were linked.

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Looks to me Rudy went rogue. every contact between Trump and Zelensky had no quid - the phone call with this Dude Trump said "do what's right -no quid"

So do you impeach POTUS based on what Rudy did? Trump said to Sonderland "deal with Rudy"

most important is THE INVESTIGATIONS WAS ABOUT BURISMA and 2016 election -not Bidens per se'

Those are significant degrees of separation - Impeachment would have to prove Trump was coordinating with Rudy
    and no just letting Rudy deal with Ukranians.

On top of the Trump and Zelensky have the "no pressure statements"

and finally does this rise to "high crimes and misdemeanors" - Schiff keeps saying bribery but even a quid is elusive

The Senate will be much more mature about all this, and tie the Senators from campaigning in Iowa- being chained to a desk in DC

Now add in the Horowitz report that shows how rogue the bureaucrats are - that will be the subplot.

Bottom line: Impeachment no removal,Deep State shows how corrupt State is (Ohr channeling Steele thru State)
    voters *yawn* and Trump gets re-elected

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

President Trump has addressed the testimony outside the White House, and is reading Sondland's recollection of the call.

"'I want nothing, that's what I want from Ukraine'....that's what I said. I want nothing...I said it twice," Trump says, reading off a notepad, adding that Sondland is a "nice guy" but he doesn't know him well.

"Here's my response....'I want nothing, I want nothing, I want no quid pro quo, tell President Zelensky to do the right thing.'"
    I don't know how you were diverted / You were perverted too
    I don't know how you were inverted / No one alerted you

9. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Ambassador Sondland says, again, that he does not remember ever mentioning the Bidens with regard to investigations, only Burisma--the Ukrainian natural gas firm where Hunter Biden sat on the board.