Members banned from this thread: evince, christiefan915, domer76, ThatOwlWoman, Centerleftfl, LV426, reagansghost and Cinnabar

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: ***LIVE HEARING COVERAGE WED.., 11/20/19***

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Default ***LIVE HEARING COVERAGE WED.., 11/20/19***

Ambassador Sondland

Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

Truth Detector (11-20-2019)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

Ukrainian Foreign Minister Says Sondland Never Tied Aid to Investigations
    https://www.redstate.com/bonchie/201...nvestigations/

Sondland says Trump didn’t explicitly link Ukraine aid to probes

“I don’t recall President Trump ever talking with me about any security assistance,”

“The only thing we got directly from Guiliani was that the Burisma and 2016 elections were conditioned on the White House meeting,” Sondland said. “The aid was my own personal, you know, guess” based on, “two plus two equals four.”

https://www.latimes.com/politics/sto...land-testimony

CASE CLOSED!!!
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Truth Detector For This Post:

Celticguy (11-20-2019), Stretch (11-20-2019)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Schiff and the Democratic Party of the Jackass are desperately trying to salvage their FALSE narrative.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Sondland has destroyed the lie filled narrative Schiff is trying to promote. Now, the Party of the Jackass is desperately trying to get Sondland to say something they want to hear. Sondland is having nothing of it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Truth Detector For This Post:

Stretch (11-20-2019)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The idiot counsel for the Party of the Jackass keeps asking the same stupid questions over and over again. Sondland is consistent.

The counsel for the Party of the Jackass is attempting to lead the witness giving him information he did not know at the time and asking the same question over and over again.

The counsel for the Party of the Jackass is desperately flailing.

The counsel for the Party of the Jackass is a moron.

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

SONDLAND: When I asked Trump what he wanted, he said NOTHING. He just wanted assurances that Ukraine would clean up the corruption.

“I never heard anyone say the investigations had to start, or be completed.”

“The only thing we got direct from Giuliani was that Burisma and the 2016 election were conditions on the White House meeting. The aid was my own personal guess, based on your analogy that two plus two equals four,”

CASE CLOSED!!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Truth Detector For This Post:

Stretch (11-20-2019)

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The Democratic Party of the Jackass attorney is badgering Sondland because he can't seem to get Sondland to back down on his statement Trump NEVER linked aid to probes.

“I don’t recall President Trump ever talking with me about any security assistance,”

“The only thing we got directly from Guiliani was that the Burisma and 2016 elections were conditioned on the White House meeting,” Sondland said. “The aid was my own personal, you know, guess” based on, “two plus two equals four.”

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

READ...............

Opening Statement before the United States House of Representatives Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence
    The Honorable Gordon D. Sondland U.S. Ambassador to the European Union November 20, 2019

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rea...ning-statement
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post

CASE CLOSED!!!

Sondland asked Trump. "What do you want from Ukraine?"
    Trump said, "I want nothing. I want no quid pro quo.
    Tell Zelensky to do the right thing."

Sondland told Pencelneck today that was all I got from Pres. Trump.
    pain in abortion.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

15. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Sondland implicates top officials on Ukraine, but says he ‘never heard’ quid pro quo from Trump

European Union ambassador Gordon Sondland tied top officials to the “potential quid pro quo” involving U.S. military aid to Ukraine and investigations desired by President Trump during his highly anticipated impeachment hearing testimony on Wednesday – yet said he never heard that link from the president himself.

One of the key witnesses in the Democrat-led impeachment inquiry against Trump, Sondland claimed he kept Secretary of State Mike Pompeo aware of what was going on and said he specifically told Vice President Pence he "had concerns" the military aid to Ukraine "had become tied" to investigations -- though a Pence aide denied it. And he repeatedly lambasted Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani’s leading role in the administration’s Ukraine dealings.

"Everyone was in the loop," Sondland testified in opening remarks. "It was no secret."

READ: GORDON SONDLAND'S IMPEACHMENT HEARING OPENING STATEMENT

Still, in comments seized upon by Republicans, Sondland testified: “I never heard from President Trump that aid was conditioned on an announcement" of investigations. He said he never personally heard Trump discuss preconditions. And at one point, he confirmed Trump told him, "I want nothing."

Taken in their entirety, Sondland's statements Wednesday are likely to fuel the narratives of both parties. He was seen as a wild card going into the hearing, given he has offered testimony that conflicted with others' and recently amended his statements to acknowledge he did talk to Ukraine about investigations after initially indicating otherwise.

The impeachment inquiry was sparked by a whistleblower’s complaint about Trump's July 25 call when he asked Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelensky for political investigations – including involving former Vice President Joe Biden's family -- at the same time as U.S. military aid for the ally was being stalled.

Sondland made clear Wednesday he merely presumed the aid was linked to investigations, at one point referring to this as a "guess."

But he suggested he had his reasons, agreeing that the conclusion was like "two plus two equals four." He stressed he never got a clear answer on why the aid was held up, saying in the absence of an explanation he came to believe that the aid and the investigations were linked.

“I shared concerns of the potential quid pro quo regarding the security aid with Senator Ron Johnson,” Sondland said at one point, referring to the Republican senator involved in Ukraine policy. “And I also shared my concerns with the Ukrainians.”

Further, his testimony name-dropped a slew of other top Trump officials, which is likely to pique Democrats' interest.

Sondland, throughout the inquiry, has been portrayed as a key player in an irregular channel of diplomacy led by Giuliani. On Wednesday, Sondland repeatedly expressed his displeasure with Giuliani's involvement in Ukraine policy but said they were working with him at Trump's direction. He also claimed the “suggestion that we were engaged in some irregular or rogue diplomacy is absolutely false.”

“We did not want to work with Mr. Giuliani,” Sondland said, explaining he believed State Department officials should take the responsibility for Ukraine matters. “Simply put, we played the hand we were dealt. We all understood that if we refused to work with Mr. Giuliani, we would lose an important opportunity to cement relations between the United States and Ukraine. So we followed the president’s orders.”
    Sondland: Was there a 'quid pro quo'?... The answer is yesVideo

While couching his language when referred to the aid hold-up, Sondland was more explicit when it came to the link between investigations and a White House meeting and call between Trump and Zelensky. He bluntly described Giuliani's requests linking the two as a quid pro quo.

He told the committee: “I know that members of this committee have frequently framed these complicated issues in the form of a simple question: Was there a ‘quid pro quo? ... As I testified previously, with regard to the requested White House call and White House meeting, the answer is yes.”

Sondland also said he and other officials “disagreed with the need to involve” Giuliani but they “did not believe that his role was improper at the time.” He said that "as a presidential appointee, I followed the directions of the president.”

“If I had known of all of Mr. Giuliani’s dealings or of his associations with individuals now under criminal indictment, I would not have acquiesced to his participation,” Sondland said. “Still, given what we knew at the time, what we were asked to do did not appear to be wrong.”

Giuliani on Wednesday, pushed back against Sondland’s testimony, tweeting he “came into this” at the request of then-Ukraine envoy Kurt Volker. “Sondland is speculating based on VERY little contact," Giuliani tweeted. "I never met him and had very few calls with him, mostly with Volker."

Meanwhile, Sondland described a Sept. 1 meeting between Zelensky and Pence in Warsaw. “I mentioned to Vice President Pence before the meetings with the Ukrainians that I had concerns that the delay in aid had become tied to the issue of investigations,” Sondland said.

But on Wednesday, Pence’s office flatly denied the accusation, saying, “This alleged discussion recalled by Ambassador Sondland never happened.”

He also repeatedly connected the secretary of state to the Ukraine efforts.

Sondland testified that Pompeo, as late as Sept. 24, was telling Volker to speak with Giuliani. He said Volker sent him a WhatsApp message that said, “Spoke w Rudy per guidance from S.” Sondland said “S” was in reference to the secretary of state.

He also described another conversation on Sept. 1 in Warsaw with Zelenksy’s senior aide, Andriy Yermak, saying he expressed concerns that the resumption of U.S. aid would likely not occur until Ukraine took some kind of action on the public statement about investigations. “Based on my communications with Secretary Pompeo, I felt comfortable sharing my concerns with Mr. Yermak,” he said.

On Wednesday, Sondland said he was not on the July call and didn’t read a transcript until it was publicly released in September. He called it “very odd” that he never received a detailed read-out of the call with the Biden references. Sondland also repeatedly made clear he did not support preconditions on the aid.

“We had no desire to set any conditions on the Ukrainians,” Sondland said. “Indeed, my personal view -- which I shared repeatedly with others -- was that the White House meeting and security assistance should have proceeded without pre-conditions of any kind.”

Sondland on Wednesday said his goal, at the time, was to do what was necessary to get the aid released. Asked if it's true he told Trump at one point that Zelensky "loves your ass," the diplomat replied "sounds like something I would say" to laughter in the hearing room.
    Rep. Nunes makes opening statement ahead of Ambassador Sondland's testimony in the Trump impeachment inquiryVideo

At the hearings kicked off, Republicans dismissed the proceedings as they have done during previous sessions. California Rep. Devin Nunes, the GOP’s top member on the committee, told the witness: "Ambassador Sondland, you are here today to be smeared.”

Nunes also reiterated calls for the committee to subpoena Hunter Biden, the whistleblower who wrote the complaint against Trump and Democratic National Committee documents – something Democrats have not granted.

VINDMAN ACCUSES TRUMP OF MAKING IMPROPER UKRAINE ‘DEMAND,’ SAYS HE ALERTED INTEL OFFICIAL

Meanwhile, the top committee Democrat, Rep. Adam Schiff, in his opening remarks accused Trump and Pompeo of making "such a concerted and across-the-board effort to obstruct this investigation and this impeachment inquiry." Schiff added, "They do so at their own peril."

Sondland's appearance at Wednesday morning's hearing, and his closeness to Trump, is of particular concern to the White House as the historic impeachment inquiry reaches closer to the president, pushing through an intense week with nine witnesses testifying over three days in back-to-back sessions. But Trump, talking to reporters outside the White House on Wednesday, referenced Sondland's comments that he wanted nothing from Ukraine and argued, “That means it’s all over.”
    Schiff: Trump sought to condition aid to Ukraine in exchange for politically-motivated investigationsVideo

Among the details that other witnesses have filled in are those concerning a call he placed to Trump from a busy Kiev restaurant the day after the president prodded Ukraine's leader to investigate the Bidens. After another diplomat witness revealed this, Sondland confirmed Wednesday they had the call -- saying he doesn't remember much of it but has no reason to doubt other accounts, which said the conversation dealt with the topic of investigations.

Sondland, who has had to amend his testimony related to his conversations with Ukraine, told lawmakers he has had hundreds of meetings and calls with individuals in his role but is not a note-taker. He said he has requested documents from the State Department and the White House for documents phone records to help refresh his memory. “In the absence of these materials, my memory has not been perfect,” he said.

Sondland's appearance follows the testimony Tuesday of four national security and diplomatic officials, including Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, a career Army officer, who described Trump's call with Zelenskiy as "improper." Also testifying later Wednesday are Pentagon official Laura Cooper and Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs Hale.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/son...ith-aid-holdup
    pain in abortion.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

17. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Nunes opening statement:

Nunes: Ambassador Sondland, you are here today to be smeared
    •Nov 20, 2019

pain in abortion.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

Celticguy (11-20-2019), Truth Detector (11-20-2019)

19. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post

Sondland asked Trump. "What do you want from Ukraine?"
    Trump said, "I want nothing. I want no quid pro quo.
    Tell Zelensky to do the right thing."

Sondland told Pencelneck today that was all I got from Pres. Trump.
    BOOOOOOOM!!!

Case closed!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Truth Detector For This Post:

Stretch (11-20-2019)

21. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    Nunes opening statement:

Nunes: Ambassador Sondland, you are here today to be smeared
    So true!!

22. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

CNN now has another fake news headline out there............losers.
    Per CNN: WITNESS IMPLICATES TRUMP

Just now Sondland testified in agreement with Turner (who was informed of the CNN headline)...

No one on this planet told him that President Trump was tying aid
    to 2016, Burisma or Biden investigations. He was only presuming.
    Last edited by Stretch; 11-20-2019 at 01:34 PM.
    pain in abortion.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

24. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

"2 presumptions + 2 presumptions does not equal 1 fact."
    Rep. Dr. Wenstrup 11/19/19
    pain in abortion.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretch For This Post: