Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: WOW, BAM... This is insane testimony.

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Under Secretary Hale has affirmed that Ambassador Yovanovitch is stellar dedicated diplomat, and that what the President did to her in a tweet was wrong.
    I should add that while the tweet was of course adding insult to injury, the injury was firing without cause. That hurt her greatly, and because of the loss of her experience in the State Depratment, it hurt the United States, and all of us, even more.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (11-21-2019)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

christiefan915 (11-21-2019), ThatOwlWoman (11-21-2019)

4. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

Rep.Turner RIPS SONDLAND's "PRESUMPTION" to SHREDS
    Turner: "So NO ONE ON THIS PLANET, TOLD YOU THAT THE AID WAS TIED TO THESE INVESTIGATIONS...YES or NO??"

Sondland: : "YES."

Turner: "BUT YOU CLAIMED IN YOUR OPENING STATEMENT YOU KNEW IT WAS."

Sondland : "THAT WAS MY PRESUMPTION....."

Turner: :WHICH IS NOTHING!!!!

GAME, SET, MATCH.....

Per Grokmaster

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

Truth Detector (11-21-2019)

6. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

“Can you really swear to be truthful in your recollection of what your impression was of someone else's impression of what someone else said they heard someone else say?“
    Per abatis

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

8. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,787 Times in 32,153 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    Everything that a retard post is funny, and you are the forum buffoon.
    odd......I can name a dozen who better qualify.........you among them......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Earl (11-21-2019), Truth Detector (11-21-2019)

10. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,529 Times in 52,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Yeah, but those are generalized attacks, or crafted as attacks on some action, position or statement. It never devolves into name-calling. Order is maintained. People are not even allowed to speak unless recognized by the chair.
    From what I saw of the (R) questioning, some of them behaved like grandstanding defense attys. who *know* their client is guilty and there's nothing they can do but try to muddle the air, confuse the jury, and try to look like they're earning their hefty retainers.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

PoliTalker (11-21-2019)

12. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    From what I saw of the (R) questioning, some of them behaved like grandstanding defense attys. who *know* their client is guilty and there's nothing they can do but try to muddle the air, confuse the jury, and try to look like they're earning their hefty retainers.
    It seemed to me that the Democrats sounded very much like their attorneys. Relentless, to the point, getting at the details, the evidence. The Republican attorney was the same way, but the Republican Committee members were wild and loopy, carrying on about the Democrats, conspiracy theories, the Mueller investigation, who knows what else. It was actually somewhat surprising they didn't delve into Benghazi and 'lock her up.' I guess they don't want to talk about locking people up at this point because the most deserving person to get locked up is the one they are bending over backwards to protect.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (11-21-2019)

14. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

It seemed to me that the Democrats sounded very much like their attorneys. Relentless, to the point, getting at the details, the evidence. The Republican attorney was the same way, but the Republican Committee members were wild and loopy, carrying on about the Democrats, conspiracy theories, the Mueller investigation, who knows what else. It was actually somewhat surprising they didn't delve into Benghazi and 'lock her up.' I guess they don't want to talk about locking people up at this point because the most deserving person to get locked up is the one they are bending over backwards to protect.
    Heh, how true. Did you get the impression that they (the (R)s) were thinking "How great this will look on Fox later on!"?
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

PoliTalker (11-21-2019)

16. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello ThatOwlWoman,

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Heh, how true. Did you get the impression that they (the (R)s) were thinking "How great this will look on Fox later on!"?
    Oh, totally.

The Republican talking points all seem to feed off one another with no basis in fact, just a swirl of repeating innuendo. They are stars in their own echo chamber.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (11-21-2019)

18. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,419 Times in 16,408 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,433 Times in 1,355 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    Gregg Jarrett: Trump impeachment based on unreliable presumptions, rumor and innuendo – Not facts
    Gregg Jarrett By Gregg Jarrett

“The House Intelligence Committee’s impeachment hearing Wednesday posed a conundrum. Better yet, let’s call it a riddle. When is a “quid pro quo” not a “quid pro quo?” The answer is … when it’s “presumed.”

U.S. Ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland testified that there was a “quid pro quo” between the U.S. and Ukraine, even though President Trump made it crystal clear to Sondland that there was no “quid pro quo.”

So, how did the ambassador arrive at his opinion that a “quid pro quo” must somehow exist? It turns out that he assumed or “presumed” it. At one point, he called it a mere “guess.”

SONDLAND IMPLICATES TOP OFFICIALS ON UKRAINE, BUT SAYS HE ‘NEVER HEARD’ QUID PRO QUO FROM TRUMP

Gregg Jarrett: At impeachment hearing, irrelevant opinions by Trump critics masquerade as facts
    Cal Thomas: Impeachment effort motivated by Dem fears that strong Trump economy will hurt them in elections
    The trouble with presumptions and guess-work is that they are often unreliable and sometimes quite wrong. Assumptions and suppositions, by their nature, can be risky and foolish. We should trust only in what we know that is derived from facts. This was the fatal flaw in Sondland’s narrative.

Here is what we actually know: Nowhere in the July 25 telephone call between President Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky is there evidence of a demand, threat, condition or pressure for a “quid pro quo.” None. That is a demonstrable fact, as proven by a transcript of the conversation that the White House released to the public. Read it for yourself.”
    foxnews.com
    Why do they continue to repeat such nonsense? There's nothing to justify impeachment...how embarrassing for the Democrats=especially the ones crying here...and a colossal waste of time and money... Give it a rest ...focus on the real problems here in the US....

19. The Following User Says Thank You to TOP For This Post:

20. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,335 Times in 22,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,239 Times in 2,979 Posts
    Blog Entries

So true. Armored Humvees and training that took a rag-tag mish mosh of volunteers and turned them into an effective fighting force.
    Armored humvees are about as effective against Russian tanks as a fly swatter. The Ukrainians are anything BUT a ragtag mish mosh of volunteers you dunce.

You should STFU when you don't have the slightest clue of what you are erupting about.

What we do know about Obamunism was that they did not give the Ukrainians lethal aid, they did nothing when Russia ionvaded Ukraine. They did nothing when Russian missle batteries shot down a Malaysian airliner and they did NOTHING when Russia invaded Crimea.

In addition, what we know about Obamunism was that he wanted to re-set relations with Russia and asked them to wait until his re-election so that he could bend over for them. Now, suddenly, Democrats are concerned about everything Russian.

Funny how the election of Trump forced these feckless liars to play the OPPOSITE game.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Truth Detector For This Post:

Loving91390 (11-23-2019)

22. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Oh, totally.

The Republican talking points all seem to feed off one another with no basis in fact, just a swirl of repeating innuendo. They are stars in their own echo chamber.
    You may find this analysis interesting.

"Over at BuzzFeed, Ryan Broderick hit the nail on the head with this piece: "There Are Two Separate Impeachment Hearings Happening Right Now — And Republicans Are Winning Theirs." Broderick explained, "Nothing Republican Rep. Devin Nunes does during the hearings makes sense if you watch it in the moment. When it's posted on Facebook later, though, it works perfectly."

""Each round of GOP questioning is not meant to interrogate the witnesses, which today included Sondland, but instead to create moments that can be flipped into Fox News segments, shared as bite-size Facebook posts, or dropped into 4chan threads," Broderick wrote. He added, "These exchanges may seem irrelevant, but they create content for the pro-Trump information machine, which is running parallel to the hearings.""

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/21/media...ces/index.html

23. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

PoliTalker (11-21-2019)

24. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Gregg Jarrett: Trump impeachment based on unreliable presumptions, rumor and innuendo – Not facts
    Gregg Jarrett By Gregg Jarrett
    This bears constant repeating.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.

25. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I should add that while the tweet was of course adding insult to injury, the injury was firing without cause. That hurt her greatly, and because of the loss of her experience in the State Depratment, it hurt the United States, and all of us, even more.
    Ambasadors serve at the will of the President. I didn't see a lot of lie filled crocodile tears when Bolton was fired. STFU you clueless hack.

26. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Rep.Turner RIPS SONDLAND's "PRESUMPTION" to SHREDS
    Turner: "So NO ONE ON THIS PLANET, TOLD YOU THAT THE AID WAS TIED TO THESE INVESTIGATIONS...YES or NO??"

Sondland: : "YES."

Turner: "BUT YOU CLAIMED IN YOUR OPENING STATEMENT YOU KNEW IT WAS."

Sondland : "THAT WAS MY PRESUMPTION....."

Turner: :WHICH IS NOTHING!!!!

GAME, SET, MATCH.....

Per Grokmaster

27. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatFOWLWoman View Post
    Irony coming from leftist hacks who predetermined Trumps guilt before he was sworn. STFU you clueless, lie filled Fascistic hypocrite.