Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: WOW, BAM... This is insane testimony.

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,628 Times in 21,489 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,633 Times in 5,141 Posts
    Blog Entries

So the question is no longer if he will be impeached or not, the question is now will he have the decency to resign.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

PoliTalker (11-21-2019), ThatOwlWoman (11-20-2019)

3. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Stefanik is once again making the point which has been made repeatedly that the Javelins were made available to Ukraine by the Trump administration but not the Obama administration (as if that has anything to do with it.) The point they NEVER make is that Ukraine had an election in the duration and went from a corrupt government to an anti-corrupt one.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (11-21-2019)

5. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello ThatOwlWoman,

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post

That is all. This post won the Innernetz today.
    Thank you. My pleasure.

I find it especially inspirational to see how real politics is conducted in Congress. There are no personal attacks at all. Decorum is maintained at all times. If only the participants of this forum would conduct themselves in such a way our discussions could be far more meaningful.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

6. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (11-20-2019)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (11-20-2019)

8. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Under Secretary Hale has affirmed that Ambassador Yovanovitch is stellar dedicated diplomat, and that what the President did to her in a tweet was wrong.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (11-20-2019)

10. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,294 Times in 27,099 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    When is the last time you can remember a 70-something-year-old "growing into" anything? That was the excuse for the early Twittler fumbles, remember? It was also used to excuse the fact that the idiots voted for a game show host for president.
    Never.

But trumpf hires the best people! At least the ones who haven't gone to prison or resigned in disgrace

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Iolo/Penderyn (11-21-2019), PoliTalker (11-21-2019), ThatOwlWoman (11-21-2019)

12. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,094 Times in 25,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Stefanik is once again making the point which has been made repeatedly that the Javelins were made available to Ukraine by the Trump administration but not the Obama administration (as if that has anything to do with it.) The point they NEVER make is that Ukraine had an election in the duration and went from a corrupt government to an anti-corrupt one.
    That, to me, is a bottom-of-the-barrel defense to deflect from trump's corruption. And they ignored (until tonight) everything Obama did for Ukraine, and it wasn't just "blankets."

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

PoliTalker (11-21-2019), ThatOwlWoman (11-21-2019)

14. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello ThatOwlWoman,

Thank you. My pleasure.

I find it especially inspirational to see how real politics is conducted in Congress. There are no personal attacks at all. Decorum is maintained at all times. If only the participants of this forum would conduct themselves in such a way our discussions could be far more meaningful.
    Well, mostly. Jordan and Nunes take every opportunity to fire off some insults at the Dems, the press, and everyone who doesn't support trump.

― Charles Dickens

15. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Under Secretary Hale has affirmed that Ambassador Yovanovitch is stellar dedicated diplomat, and that what the President did to her in a tweet was wrong.
    I was so glad to see him step up. Unlike craven Pompeo.

― Charles Dickens

16. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    No, they have not. But then, you are a dipshit and a pathological liar.
    (shaking head)

17. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,571 Times in 17,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    How do you get these guys to honor a subpoena?
    Now you know for sure why they will not.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

Jack (11-20-2019)

19. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello christiefan915,

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    That, to me, is a bottom-of-the-barrel defense to deflect from trump's corruption. And they ignored (until tonight) everything Obama did for Ukraine, and it wasn't just "blankets."
    So true. Armored Humvees and training that took a rag-tag mish mosh of volunteers and turned them into an effective fighting force.

20. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    So the question is no longer if he will be impeached or not, the question is now will he have the decency to resign.
    Trump?

Decency?

Surely you jest.

21. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (11-21-2019)

22. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (11-21-2019)

23. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Cypress,

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Never.

But trumpf hires the best people! At least the ones who haven't gone to prison or resigned in disgrace
    I am starting to think there are probably many stable geniuses in prison.

-And there are bound to be more.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Cypress (11-21-2019)

25. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

Gregg Jarrett: Trump impeachment based on unreliable presumptions, rumor and innuendo – Not facts
    Gregg Jarrett By Gregg Jarrett

“The House Intelligence Committee’s impeachment hearing Wednesday posed a conundrum. Better yet, let’s call it a riddle. When is a “quid pro quo” not a “quid pro quo?” The answer is … when it’s “presumed.”

U.S. Ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland testified that there was a “quid pro quo” between the U.S. and Ukraine, even though President Trump made it crystal clear to Sondland that there was no “quid pro quo.”

So, how did the ambassador arrive at his opinion that a “quid pro quo” must somehow exist? It turns out that he assumed or “presumed” it. At one point, he called it a mere “guess.”

SONDLAND IMPLICATES TOP OFFICIALS ON UKRAINE, BUT SAYS HE ‘NEVER HEARD’ QUID PRO QUO FROM TRUMP

Gregg Jarrett: At impeachment hearing, irrelevant opinions by Trump critics masquerade as facts
    Cal Thomas: Impeachment effort motivated by Dem fears that strong Trump economy will hurt them in elections
    The trouble with presumptions and guess-work is that they are often unreliable and sometimes quite wrong. Assumptions and suppositions, by their nature, can be risky and foolish. We should trust only in what we know that is derived from facts. This was the fatal flaw in Sondland’s narrative.

Here is what we actually know: Nowhere in the July 25 telephone call between President Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky is there evidence of a demand, threat, condition or pressure for a “quid pro quo.” None. That is a demonstrable fact, as proven by a transcript of the conversation that the White House released to the public. Read it for yourself.”
    foxnews.com

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

Truth Detector (11-21-2019)

27. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello christiefan915,

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    Well, mostly. Jordan and Nunes take every opportunity to fire off some insults at the Dems, the press, and everyone who doesn't support trump.
    Yeah, but those are generalized attacks, or crafted as attacks on some action, position or statement. It never devolves into name-calling. Order is maintained. People are not even allowed to speak unless recognized by the chair.