"I'm sorry, I don't know that one" -Into the night

2. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,129 Times in 11,701 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,352 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    Those that call the Confederates traitors clearly don't understand the definition of the term. For someone to be a traitor, they have to go against their own nation. Wanting to peacefully leave isn't traitorous nor is fighting when those that refuse to let you go do so in a way where the only thing you can do is fight back.
    Hear hear!

For these idiots to call the Confederates traitors and claim loyalty to the United States is to call themselves traitors! The United States itself was formed out of States (then called Colonies) leaving their sovereign government and forming their own, and going their own way, and joining up in a confederacy of their own.

One was successful. The other wasn't.

3. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,129 Times in 11,701 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,352 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    I dont believe into the night is a real person, very stupid, in a bot way.
    You just failed the Turing test. I'm quite real. I will continue to be a pain your ass, too.

4. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

5. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,626 Times in 7,127 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,985 Times in 2,707 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    Racism is a fallacy. It is a compositional error fallacy where the class is people and the property is a genetic trait. People in the South weren't fighting to keep slavery. Most didn't even own slaves. There were free men both black and white. There were slaves both black and white. There were slave owners both black and white.

The Southerners were fighting to protect their property and to protect the South from invasion, not to keep slavery or racism.

you are aw moron. The cause of the civil war was slavery. Read the articles of secession and stop using drugs.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to katzgar For This Post:

TTQ64 (11-21-2019)

7. #96 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,626 Times in 7,127 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,985 Times in 2,707 Posts
    Blog Entries

No, they ARE the Union. The only State that has left the Union recently was California. I call it the SOTC now.

your drugs are confusing you

8. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,245 Times in 13,970 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,056 Times in 2,851 Posts

He did. So have I. There are many governmental records and diaries that exist from that period. What you learned in school about the so-called 'Civil War' is wrong.
    * It wasn't a civil war. A civil war is two or more factions vying for control of the government. The South wanted to LEAVE, not take over the Union.
    * A State has the right to secede from the Union and cease to be a State of the Union. When it does so, it can either become an independent nation on it's own, or join other States in their own constitution (which is what the South did).
    * The slave question was certainly prominent, but it was not the reason the the South fought the war. Most southerners didn't own slaves. Some black men owned slaves as well. There were also free black men in the South.
    * At the time the United States was founded, quite a few Northerners owned slaves. One by one these States passed laws to end slavery in them. Existing slave owners either freed their slaves, moved to a slave State, or sold their slaves in a slave State. Slavery was already dying out as an institution in the United States (including the slave States).
    * Diaries all across the South talk of property rights and State sovereignty, not slaves. Many that wrote in these diaries didn't even own slaves, yet they fought a vicious war to defend the South, and willingly.
    * History books don't fuck.
    And I thought "truthie" was entertaining

Seems "nightingale" is again dwelling on semantics attempting to convey his views as authoritative, you could make the case for "civil war," "war between the States," "war of succession," or a half dozen other terms, what difference does it make? You going to tell us next WWII wasn't a world war because every nation in the world wasn't involved in it?

Whether a State has the "right" to succeed is irrelevant, the eleven States that booked might have thought of it that way, but the remaining twenty didn't, some believed it was a right, other's did not, as I said, irrelevant to the total picture of the conflict

And slavery wasn't the main motivator that led the South to leave, I supposed some semblance of States rights was, I'm sure many Southerns weren't quite sure what that meant either, however slavery was the factor behind it, that the belief that the Federal Gov't was going to make those States give up slave labor.

Majority of southerns did not own slaves, but they were manipulated by the power centers that did, who portrayed the conflict as more than just over them maintaining their free labor, the ruse was quickly realized, the Confederacy suffered from high a high desertion throughout the war

What I learned in school about the Civil War was correct

9. #98 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,424 Times in 10,050 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

I've noticed that Into the Night calls everything it can't explain "a fallacy".
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

10. #99 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,770 Times in 3,312 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 166 Times in 157 Posts

Another tantrum against inanimate objects. Democrats are so petty, childish, and simple-minded.

Attachment 12771

11. #100 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,245 Times in 13,970 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,056 Times in 2,851 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    I've noticed that Into the Night calls everything it can't explain "a fallacy".
    Yeah, if you google it, you can get an extended listing of all types of fallacies, and the funny part is that he still often uses them incorrectly

12. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

LV426 (11-21-2019)

13. #101 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,733 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 707 Times in 647 Posts
    Blog Entries

The so-called 'Civil War' wasn't (a civil war). I was a War of Secession.

A civil war is where two or more factions vie for control of the government. The South wanted to leave the Union, not take it over. At the time the War started, the South had become it's own independent nation. Like any nation, it decided to defend itself. There is no treason in that!

Slaves were a real issue. It's a big part of the reason that Lincoln was elected President to begin with. He wanted to end slavery (a good thing!). He just went about it the wrong way (a bad thing!). You are correct in pointing out that the movement to end slavery has components that would simply leave the existing slave States alone, but there were also those within that movement (including Lincoln himself) that wanted to outlaw it every, even in the slave States.

But slaves were property, bought and paid for. This property was being seized by the federal government, with NO compensation to the owners of that property. This violates the 4th and 5th amendments. Today, it also would violate the 14th amendment (which wasn't in force at the time).

Why the slaves were used in the economy of the South is certainly factors in causing the War of Secession. You are quite right about that.
    This property was being seized by the federal government, with NO compensation to the owners of that property.

A human being is it's own property. You just made the argument for reparations. Human beings being held captive in slavery should have been compensated and their decendents thereafter.

14. #102 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Racism is a fallacy. It is a compositional error fallacy where the class is people and the property is a genetic trait. People in the South weren't fighting to keep slavery. Most didn't even own slaves. There were free men both black and white. There were slaves both black and white. There were slave owners both black and white.

The Southerners were fighting to protect their property and to protect the South from invasion, not to keep slavery or racism.
    What a crock of bullshit.

Blacks did not own slaves in white america. Is this what the racist white man teaches in the schools you heathens attend?

BLACK BODIES ARE STILL NOT FREE TODAY!!!!

15. #103 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ64 View Post
    What a crock of bullshit.

Blacks did not own slaves in white america. Is this what the racist white man teaches in the schools you heathens attend?

BLACK BODIES ARE STILL NOT FREE TODAY!!!!
    They sure did.

16. #104 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    They sure did.
    Go tell that dump shit to CFM he'll buy into it. NOTHING you say to me is credible, NOTHING!

17. #105 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ64 View Post
    Go tell that dump shit to CFM he'll buy into it. NOTHING you say to me is credible, NOTHING!
    It is historical fact. Not that I would expect a wannabe mixed breed "African" to actually have the intelligence to look it up.