Thread: Another confederate statue removed

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,462 Times in 13,985 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,449 Times in 1,368 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Another confederate statue removed

PITTSBORO, N.C. After more than a century, a long-debated Confederate monument outside the Chatham County historic courthouse is no longer standing.

Crews dismantled the monument, including the statue and pedestal, on Tuesday. The items will be transported to a safe, undisclosed location where they will be preserved until the Winnie Davis Chapter of the United Daughters of the Confederacy (UDC) finds a more appropriate place to place them.

The North Carolina Division of the Sons of Confederate Veterans released a statement on Wednesday morning, saying they were "outraged at the latest disturbing action of the Chatham County Board of Commissioners."

https://abc11.com/society/chatham-co...c11-11/20/2019
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

ברוך השם

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Guno צְבִי For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (11-21-2019)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,626 Times in 7,127 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,985 Times in 2,707 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    PITTSBORO, N.C. After more than a century, a long-debated Confederate monument outside the Chatham County historic courthouse is no longer standing.

Crews dismantled the monument, including the statue and pedestal, on Tuesday. The items will be transported to a safe, undisclosed location where they will be preserved until the Winnie Davis Chapter of the United Daughters of the Confederacy (UDC) finds a more appropriate place to place them.

The North Carolina Division of the Sons of Confederate Veterans released a statement on Wednesday morning, saying they were "outraged at the latest disturbing action of the Chatham County Board of Commissioners."

https://abc11.com/society/chatham-co...c11-11/20/2019

the world needs more razor blades

4. The Following User Says Thank You to katzgar For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (11-20-2019)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,593 Times in 9,266 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Can't put treason monuments on public property
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mason Michaels For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (11-20-2019), midcan5 (11-22-2019)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,341 Times in 5,714 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 374 Times in 355 Posts

and how does this make you triggered inbreds feel?

It always strikes me at how weak and meek one must be that he or she would celebrate with glee the destruction of an inanimate object
    This just In::: Trump indicted for living in liberals heads and not paying RENT

C̶N̶N̶ SNN.... Shithole News Network

Trump Is Coming back to a White House Near you

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Getin the ring For This Post:

Earl (11-20-2019)

9. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

What was the root cause of the War Between the States?

Conventional wisdom holds that the War Between the States was waged over slavery. The South was populated by racist rednecks that hated black people and would fight to the death to keep them in captivity while Northerners were all Enlightened Academics believing in Freedom and Justice for all. As is most “conventional wisdom” this is incorrect. The Civil War was fought, as are most if not all wars, for economic reasons with slavery being a byproduct of the economics of the times.

The issues leading to the war actually began as a result of the War of 1812. The fledgling United States had lost most of its international trade during this conflict. Although after the war England wanted to resume business with the US new domestic producers had taken over their former markets. In order to protect the new manufacturers Congress in its infinite wisdom passed huge tariffs, up to 60%, on imported goods. Most of these US manufacturers were located in the Northern States with markets primarily local shipping little to the Southern States) with the South concentrating on cotton production, which by 1830 was fully half of the world production of the product. This meant most of the goods needed by the South had to come from abroad and was extremely expensive due to high tariffs. .

Slavery came into the picture because cotton production was very labor intensive and slaves provided cheap labor. In 1860 the value of slaves was 20% of the entire wealth of the United States. The primary reason Southern States wanted new states to be “slave states” was for the same contemporary reason Democrats want Puerto Rico and Washington DC (two areas highly dependent on government handouts) to become states and want to count illegal’s as part of the population, more representation in Congress. Keep in mind there was no legislative action to end slavery in those states it already existed. The movement was to keep it from expanding in the future

The South now had its back to the wall with high prices due to import tariffs and diminishing cotton markets as a result of retaliation for the high tariffs. It wanted to split from the Union in order to establish its own trade policies. Since the South was actually richer than the North at the time and forced to buy more imported goods they provided higher tax revenues to the Federal government.

Thus, by favoring the North over the South we came to the root causes of the Civil War, potential economic ruin of the South. This was borne out in that after the war the South’s per capita income was only 50% of that in the North, a condition that lasted for almost 100 years after the war’s end.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ZILCHMONGER For This Post:

Into the Night (11-21-2019)

11. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MASON View Post
    Can't put treason monuments on public property
    Since no treasonous act was committed, none are.

12. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ZILCHMONGER View Post
    What was the root cause of the War Between the States?

Conventional wisdom holds that the War Between the States was waged over slavery. The South was populated by racist rednecks that hated black people and would fight to the death to keep them in captivity while Northerners were all Enlightened Academics believing in Freedom and Justice for all. As is most “conventional wisdom” this is incorrect. The Civil War was fought, as are most if not all wars, for economic reasons with slavery being a byproduct of the economics of the times.

The issues leading to the war actually began as a result of the War of 1812. The fledgling United States had lost most of its international trade during this conflict. Although after the war England wanted to resume business with the US new domestic producers had taken over their former markets. In order to protect the new manufacturers Congress in its infinite wisdom passed huge tariffs, up to 60%, on imported goods. Most of these US manufacturers were located in the Northern States with markets primarily local shipping little to the Southern States) with the South concentrating on cotton production, which by 1830 was fully half of the world production of the product. This meant most of the goods needed by the South had to come from abroad and was extremely expensive due to high tariffs. .

Slavery came into the picture because cotton production was very labor intensive and slaves provided cheap labor. In 1860 the value of slaves was 20% of the entire wealth of the United States. The primary reason Southern States wanted new states to be “slave states” was for the same contemporary reason Democrats want Puerto Rico and Washington DC (two areas highly dependent on government handouts) to become states and want to count illegal’s as part of the population, more representation in Congress. Keep in mind there was no legislative action to end slavery in those states it already existed. The movement was to keep it from expanding in the future

The South now had its back to the wall with high prices due to import tariffs and diminishing cotton markets as a result of retaliation for the high tariffs. It wanted to split from the Union in order to establish its own trade policies. Since the South was actually richer than the North at the time and forced to buy more imported goods they provided higher tax revenues to the Federal government.

Thus, by favoring the North over the South we came to the root causes of the Civil War, potential economic ruin of the South. This was borne out in that after the war the South’s per capita income was only 50% of that in the North, a condition that lasted for almost 100 years after the war’s end.
    The history books want to teach it was about slavery and try to present history as every southerner owned slaves. It's not true.

13. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    Since no treasonous act was committed, none are.
    Gosh I'm shocked that you're pro-Confederate,anti-USA
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mason Michaels For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (11-21-2019)

15. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Getin the ring View Post
    and how does this make you triggered inbreds feel?

It always strikes me at how weak and meek one must be that he or she would celebrate with glee the destruction of an inanimate object
    Ever notice how easily the left is triggered by an inanimate object. Same with guns. If it looks scary or it hurts their tender feelings, they believe everyone is supposed to do what they want in order that they feel better.

16. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Gosh I'm shocked that you're pro-Confederate,anti-USA
    I'm not shocked that you think identifying how easily triggered you pussies get over an inanimate object is anti-USA.

You have the same mindset when it comes to guns. If you don't like something, you think others should do to suit you so your tender feelings don't hurt.

17. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I'm not shocked that you think identifying how easily triggered you pussies get over an inanimate object is anti-USA.

You have the same mindset when it comes to guns. If you don't like something, you think others should do to suit you so your tender feelings don't hurt.
    Read a fucking history book moron
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.

18. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Read a fucking history book moron
    See,your feelings are hurt over an inanimate object.

History books teach that the War of Northern Aggression was over slavery. That's simply not true. Why would you want me to learn falsehoods when I already know the truth?

19. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

See,your feelings are hurt over an inanimate object.

History books teach that the War of Northern Aggression was over slavery. That's simply not true. Why would you want me to learn falsehoods when I already know the truth?
    Nice spin,the treason was succession.
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.

20. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

AM I, I AM's,AM I.

21. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Nice spin,the treason was succession.
    The truth isn't spin, boy, but it made you head spin like a top.

Succession? You use an incorrect term and want to lecture me on history? How about looking at a fucking dictionary, moron.