Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Open Impeachment Hearings: Republicans Are Obviously More Partisan Than Democrats

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Gonzomin,

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzomin View Post
    Trump knows the truth. That is why he refuses to testify under oath and prohibited anyone he ever met from answering subpoenas to testify. These are not the actions of an innocent man. I suspect Trump knows he is fading mentally. That is why no press conferences either. He should not run again, but he needs to get help from the statute of limitations. Many of his crimes will drop off the calendar. He does not want to spend his last years in courts or in jail.
    Donald Trump has created his own worst nightmare. He never should have gone through with becoming President. He really only ran for the free publicity to further his brand name, but that has totally backfired. He had it made with huge brand name recognition. He effectively exploited the principle that even bad PR is good because after a few years people forget the details of a story but remember the name. And that was his goal. Name recognition. But now he has OD'd on name recognition and people are becoming all too aware of the details of his dirty life as a conman.

He had this 'great' idea to get the free publicity of running for President and he figured no way he would ever get elected, but something unexpected happened during the campaign. He attracted way more support than he ever anticipated and it went to his head. And some very powerful players latched onto his campaign which they saw as a way to further their anarchistic goals. Putin, Bannon, Roger Stone, etc. It went to his head. He was unable to hold just the few original rallies and experience thousands of admirers without having his ego squash his original plan.

We know Trump never really wanted the job because he offered John Kasich 'the most powerful Vice Presidency ever.' Apparently he courted the notion of winning the election and then letting Kasich run the office as he assumed a 'shadow presidency.' The Obama team said they never say anything like it when the Trump people showed up to learn how to take over the WH. The Trump people had zero idea of what the job entailed, who they would need, the tasks which would have to be done, the jobs which would need to be filled.

Trump's dream world has not turned out anything like he hoped because he was completely unrealistic and had no idea what he was doing when his ego decided to go through with becoming President. He completely failed to realize that, while he was able to fly under the radar as a private citizen, that all changed when he took the oath. Now he has a tough time hiding all his dirty details and keeping all the skeletons in his closet. I am frankly surprised he has lasted this long. He himself thought he was toast as soon as Mueller got appointed. With each scare he survives, he becomes further emboldened.

When Senate Republicans let him off the hook for this impeachment, he will then believe he has absolute power.

And we KNOW where that leads.

He is going down, one way or another.

Something to note:

There is no double indemnity on impeachment. It is not a criminal trial. It is a job review. He can be impeached again and again for the same things. All the House needs is new evidence and they can bring it all right back up again. This exercise may simply be one of giving the President enough rope to hang himself.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,433 Times in 2,367 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 888 Times in 802 Posts
    Blog Entries

The GOP trolls have made no dent in the OP.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jimmymccready For This Post:

PoliTalker (12-06-2019)

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello jimmymccready,

Quote Originally Posted by jimmymccready View Post
    The GOP trolls have made no dent in the OP.
    They never do, as far as I am concerned.

As far as my posting experience is concerned they simply don't exist.

They spew their disrespect one time and they get what they deserve: Ignored forever.

Their words become meaningless, irrelevant. As if never posted.

Now here's a fact: The more civil posters who adopt a similar PIP, the less bearing trolls have.

The ideal situation would be if all of the good people simply realize trolls are toxic so the best thing to do is cleanse your posting experience by placing all disrespectful people on permanent Ignore.

Then it would become like two boards. One for the respectful people who can allow others to have their say, and one for the unruly immature disruptors who live in a sad world of insults.

We could get down to a far more meaningful board, spend less time dealing with trolls and get into deeper discussions. Expand our knowledge and understanding.

It doesn't really matter which side people are on. There are good ones and bad ones on both sides, mature and immature.

It all really boils down to if people have learned a simple lesson to live and let live. And get it that others are different.

And that's not really such a bad thing. Variety is the spice of life! (but not the dark side - that leaves nothing but a bitter taste.)
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

"What monstrous remark — what unusual cruelty — provoked such a backlash? Simply this: "Contrary to what President Trump has said, Article 2 [of the Constitution] does not give him the power to do anything he wants," said Stanford law professor Pamela Karlan. "I'll just give you one example that shows you the difference between him and a king, which is, the Constitution says there can be no titles of nobility, so while the president can name his son Barron, he can't make him a baron."

Trump's behavior, attitude, and words are all disrespectful to the Constitution

6. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello jimmymccready,

"What monstrous remark — what unusual cruelty — provoked such a backlash? Simply this: "Contrary to what President Trump has said, Article 2 [of the Constitution] does not give him the power to do anything he wants," said Stanford law professor Pamela Karlan. "I'll just give you one example that shows you the difference between him and a king, which is, the Constitution says there can be no titles of nobility, so while the president can name his son Barron, he can't make him a baron."

Trump's behavior, attitude, and words are all disrespectful to the Constitution
    That's a good point.

Trump fans went off about that remark, claiming that it was an example of mocking a child.

No, it was not. It wasn't about the child. It was about the parent. (If they understand English.)

But just because the child's name was used Trump fans seized upon it to launch a counterattack of false indignation.

Indignation. Now there's a concept.

That is what we live in ever since Trump became our leader.

I *so* look forward to the day we have a real President.

This fake is bad for our national psyche.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

jimmymccready (12-06-2019)

8. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Trump will be known as 'the fake President' in our history.

9. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello jimmy,

Trump will be known as 'the fake President' in our history.
    He has been a big faker his whole life.

After he got to be a billionaire he decided to have a yacht. He was faking being a boater. He doesn't know anything about boats. He only got the yacht because he thought that's what super-rich people are supposed to do. He took it out a few times and then he realized he doesn't like boats. He got it because he thought it would finally make him happy. It didn't. A yacht isn't something you just automatically get because you are rich. It's a boat! If you have not already had boats and enjoy boating you have no business getting a yacht. A yacht is no way to try out boating! That is not an entry-level boat!

He quickly lost interest in the boat. Nothing can make him happy. He is a sad man.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

jimmymccready (12-12-2019)