Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gullible, naive Fox News Viewers Scammed Into Spending Retirement Savings on Silver

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,169 Times in 5,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 593 Times in 557 Posts

Default Gullible, naive Fox News Viewers Scammed Into Spending Retirement Savings on Silver

Fox News Viewers Scammed Into Spending Retirement Savings on Silver: Report
    November 18, 2019

Gullible, naive Trump supporters who clicked ads on Fox News' website are allegedly being fleeced of thousands of dollars, which they traded for silver coins worth a quarter of what they paid.
    The report from Quartz focuses on the experience of a senior named Cheryl, who clicked on some banner ads on the Fox News website, to be routed to a company called Chase Metals which appeared to be associated with the network according to the banner ads.

Within 24 hours, Cheryl was called by a representative saying they were from Chase Metals. Calling numerous times and trying to bond with her by discussing the Fox News programs she enjoys, the representative slid into her daily life before delivering a hard-sell pitch, which Cheryl said was "extremely high pressure."
    Among other things, the salesman informed her that President Trump's policies would devalue the current worth of the dollar and she'd lose money if a recession hit, mentioning a nonexistent law that would allow the government to strip Americans of their savings.

The Chase Metals representative's solution? Transfer $83,000 from her 501k and buy coins from Chase Metals to be held in a special IRA that would allow a broader range of material investments. She bought an additional $63,000 in physical coins, which were later delivered to her home.
    But when Cheryl checked in on her IRA, it turned out that her holdings were worth less than a third of the $83,000 she'd spent; the value of the metal in the coins she'd purchased was less than the price she'd paid for them. While she eventually regained the $83,000 of her original investment, she ultimately still lost $25,000, money she had to make up for by selling back the coins she'd bought to Chase Metals at a reduced price. Because of the lost money, Cheryl and the two grandchildren she's raising are currently living off of Cheryl's Social Security checks.

Cheryl filed a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau through a Freedom of Information Act request. It turns out that Chase Metals has already been under investigation by various state regulators, who accuse the company of fraud or illegally offering investment advice without being registered in their states to do so. Multiple seniors have lost money investing with Chase, buying metals that had been marked up in value to up to 200 percent.

Kentucky, Alabama and Georgia all have cases pending against the company as of press time, with the state of Texas declaring that Chase Metals had violated state law.
    A Facebook spokesman said to Quartz that the deceptive ads had "no place" on the website.
    "Over the past year we have removed pages and their associated ad accounts, but the people behind these ads continue to intentionally break our rules," he said.
    A Chase Metals—the sister company of metals.com—representative strongly denied all of Quartz' accusations, telling them it "takes an honest approach with its customers."

A fool and her money are soon parted.

Republican Congressman Ken Buck:
    “We’re at a time in American politics, that I am not going to lie on behalf of my presidential candidate, on behalf of my party. And I’m very sad that others in my party have taken the position that, as long as we get the White House, it doesn’t really matter what we say,”

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Capitalist For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (11-19-2019)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

“We’re at a time in American politics, that I am not going to lie on behalf of my presidential candidate, on behalf of my party. And I’m very sad that others in my party have taken the position that, as long as we get the White House, it doesn’t really matter what we say,”

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Capitalist For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (11-19-2019)

5. #3 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,510 Times in 16,973 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldvoTrumpovich View Post
    Fox News Viewers Scammed Into Spending Retirement Savings on Silver: Report
    November 18, 2019

Gullible, naive Trump supporters who clicked ads on Fox News' website are allegedly being fleeced of thousands of dollars, which they traded for silver coins worth a quarter of what they paid.
    The report from Quartz focuses on the experience of a senior named Cheryl, who clicked on some banner ads on the Fox News website, to be routed to a company called Chase Metals which appeared to be associated with the network according to the banner ads.

Within 24 hours, Cheryl was called by a representative saying they were from Chase Metals. Calling numerous times and trying to bond with her by discussing the Fox News programs she enjoys, the representative slid into her daily life before delivering a hard-sell pitch, which Cheryl said was "extremely high pressure."
    Among other things, the salesman informed her that President Trump's policies would devalue the current worth of the dollar and she'd lose money if a recession hit, mentioning a nonexistent law that would allow the government to strip Americans of their savings.

The Chase Metals representative's solution? Transfer $83,000 from her 501k and buy coins from Chase Metals to be held in a special IRA that would allow a broader range of material investments. She bought an additional $63,000 in physical coins, which were later delivered to her home.
    But when Cheryl checked in on her IRA, it turned out that her holdings were worth less than a third of the $83,000 she'd spent; the value of the metal in the coins she'd purchased was less than the price she'd paid for them. While she eventually regained the $83,000 of her original investment, she ultimately still lost $25,000, money she had to make up for by selling back the coins she'd bought to Chase Metals at a reduced price. Because of the lost money, Cheryl and the two grandchildren she's raising are currently living off of Cheryl's Social Security checks.

Cheryl filed a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau through a Freedom of Information Act request. It turns out that Chase Metals has already been under investigation by various state regulators, who accuse the company of fraud or illegally offering investment advice without being registered in their states to do so. Multiple seniors have lost money investing with Chase, buying metals that had been marked up in value to up to 200 percent.

Kentucky, Alabama and Georgia all have cases pending against the company as of press time, with the state of Texas declaring that Chase Metals had violated state law.
    A Facebook spokesman said to Quartz that the deceptive ads had "no place" on the website.
    "Over the past year we have removed pages and their associated ad accounts, but the people behind these ads continue to intentionally break our rules," he said.
    A Chase Metals—the sister company of metals.com—representative strongly denied all of Quartz' accusations, telling them it "takes an honest approach with its customers."

A fool and her money are soon parted.

They primarily prey on seniors all over the country by a variety of ad scams and telephone solicitations. Don't act like a dick by pointing out one example and making it look like they only prey on "hillbillies."
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,037 Times in 13,846 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

And computer security systems, used to be mattresses, but it seems that didn't fit in with the right's innate paranoia

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    And computer security systems, used to be mattresses, but it seems that didn't fit in with the right's innate paranoia
    It's interesting. If you watch FoxNews, you see a lot of these scamming advertisements because they know FoxNews viewers are extremely gullible and just plain stupid.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Capitalist For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (11-19-2019)

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

its an advertisement.......is Fox also responsible if you aren't happy with your My Pillow?........
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It's interesting. If you watch FoxNews, you see a lot of these scamming advertisements because they know FoxNews viewers are extremely gullible and just plain stupid.

Still acting like a dick...
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    Still acting like a dick...
    He's not acting. He's a dickhead.

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,528 Times in 2,613 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 216 Times in 211 Posts

that's nothing

run some numbers on what my FICA dollars would look like if I could of invested privately

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

PostMortemPussy
    fully immersed in sin..
    This message is hidden because PostMortemPussy is on your ignore list.

IQ 60
    COVFEFE.
    This message is hidden because IQ 60 is on your ignore list.

CUM
    Verified Loser
    This message is hidden because CUM is on your ignore list.

14. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

PostMortemPussy
    fully immersed in sin..
    This message is hidden because PostMortemPussy is on your ignore list.

IQ 60
    COVFEFE.

CUM
    Verified Loser
    This message is hidden because CUM is on your ignore list.

Go jack off to your pic of a naked Trump.

15. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

IQ 60
    COVFEFE.

16. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post

Go jack off to your pic of a naked Trump.
    He is quite the wimpy bastard for sure.

17. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,543 Times in 14,028 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,451 Times in 1,370 Posts
    Blog Entries

“If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

ברוך השם

18. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post

So, the one on the left is Sailor and the one on the right is CFM. Right?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Capitalist For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (11-19-2019)