Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gullible, naive Fox News Viewers Scammed Into Spending Retirement Savings on Silver

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    They are not faking it like he is. You do not see them because they are not on Fox or Infowars.
    Yawn. Your parents may have told you they were sorry for dropping you on your head a lot as a child. They were doing it on purpose.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Well, they are Fox viewers. The are a hot lead in the dumb subgroup. You could probably just call them up and say
    send me all your money dummy and they would race to fed x with everything they own.

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,770 Times in 3,312 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 166 Times in 157 Posts

Gullible? Silver can be resold. What CAN'T be undone is peddling absurd lies like the Kavanaugh rape gang hoax, the Russia collusion hoax, the Hillary will win by a landslide hoax, the Covington Catholics hoax, the Jessie Smollett hoax, the "Internet will be destroyed by repealing Net Neutrality" hoax, the umpteenth climate apocalypse hoax, etc.

Falling for ridiculous hoaxes is the left's defining trait. What hilarious self-unawareness for you to try to assign your signature flaw to ANYONE else.

Attachment 12719

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,511 Times in 4,834 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,798 Times in 1,605 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Arminius View Post
    Gullible? Silver can be resold. What CAN'T be undone is peddling absurd lies like the Kavanaugh rape gang hoax, the Russia collusion hoax, the Hillary will win by a landslide hoax, the Covington Catholics hoax, the Jessie Smollett hoax, the "Internet will be destroyed by repealing Net Neutrality" hoax, the umpteenth climate apocalypse hoax, etc.

Falling for ridiculous hoaxes is the left's defining trait. What hilarious self-unawareness for you to try to assign your signature flaw to ANYONE else.

Attachment 12719

Those THIN little coins will take 3 generations to GAIN VALUE. If it all, and it will be MELT value. Take the fucking $19.95 and put in a good MUTUAL FUND and let it sit.
    WK1 3/28-/4 _Cases 301k--Dead 18.1k Lethality 2.72%
    WK2 4/5-/13 _Cases 555k--Dead 22.1K Lethality 3.9%
    WK3 4/20-/21 Cases 774k -Dead 37.2K Lethality 4.8%
    WK4 4/22-/29 Cases 1M --Dead 58.8K Lethality 5.9%
    WK5 5/1-/8__ Cases 1.3M -Dead 75.7K Lethality 6.1%
    WK6 5/9-16__Cases 1.4M --Dead 85.8K Lethality 6.1%
    WK7 5/17-24_Cases 1.7M - Dead 97.6K Lethality 5.9%
    WK8 5/28 Cases 1.7M - DEAD 101.2K - Same

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,174 Times in 5,911 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 558 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    Well, they are Fox viewers. The are a hot lead in the dumb subgroup. You could probably just call them up and say
    send me all your money dummy and they would race to fed x with everything they own.
    I occasionally watch Fox News. My wife and I used to watch it all the time until they went Full Postal after President Obama was elected.
    I'm always struck by how many ads they have that are selling Funeral insurance, Reverse Mortgages, extended warranties, Precious Metals investments. You know those types of ads. Low quality, fast talking narrator. They're pervasive on Fox News. Not so much on the liberal media. Why is that??
    Republican Congressman Ken Buck:
    “We’re at a time in American politics, that I am not going to lie on behalf of my presidential candidate, on behalf of my party. And I’m very sad that others in my party have taken the position that, as long as we get the White House, it doesn’t really matter what we say,”

6. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldvoTrumpovich View Post
    I occasionally watch Fox News. My wife and I used to watch it all the time until they went Full Postal after President Obama was elected.
    I'm always struck by how many ads they have that are selling Funeral insurance, Reverse Mortgages, extended warranties, Precious Metals investments. You know those types of ads. Low quality, fast talking narrator. They're pervasive on Fox News. Not so much on the liberal media. Why is that??
    Because they know liberals are broke as fuck.

7. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,287 Times in 27,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Fox News Viewers Scammed Into Spending Retirement Savings on Silver: Report
    November 18, 2019

Gullible, naive Trump supporters who clicked ads on Fox News' website are allegedly being fleeced of thousands of dollars, which they traded for silver coins worth a quarter of what they paid.
    The report from Quartz focuses on the experience of a senior named Cheryl, who clicked on some banner ads on the Fox News website, to be routed to a company called Chase Metals which appeared to be associated with the network according to the banner ads.

Within 24 hours, Cheryl was called by a representative saying they were from Chase Metals. Calling numerous times and trying to bond with her by discussing the Fox News programs she enjoys, the representative slid into her daily life before delivering a hard-sell pitch, which Cheryl said was "extremely high pressure."
    Among other things, the salesman informed her that President Trump's policies would devalue the current worth of the dollar and she'd lose money if a recession hit, mentioning a nonexistent law that would allow the government to strip Americans of their savings.

The Chase Metals representative's solution? Transfer $83,000 from her 501k and buy coins from Chase Metals to be held in a special IRA that would allow a broader range of material investments. She bought an additional $63,000 in physical coins, which were later delivered to her home.
    But when Cheryl checked in on her IRA, it turned out that her holdings were worth less than a third of the $83,000 she'd spent; the value of the metal in the coins she'd purchased was less than the price she'd paid for them. While she eventually regained the $83,000 of her original investment, she ultimately still lost $25,000, money she had to make up for by selling back the coins she'd bought to Chase Metals at a reduced price. Because of the lost money, Cheryl and the two grandchildren she's raising are currently living off of Cheryl's Social Security checks.

Cheryl filed a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau through a Freedom of Information Act request. It turns out that Chase Metals has already been under investigation by various state regulators, who accuse the company of fraud or illegally offering investment advice without being registered in their states to do so. Multiple seniors have lost money investing with Chase, buying metals that had been marked up in value to up to 200 percent.

Kentucky, Alabama and Georgia all have cases pending against the company as of press time, with the state of Texas declaring that Chase Metals had violated state law.
    A Facebook spokesman said to Quartz that the deceptive ads had "no place" on the website.
    "Over the past year we have removed pages and their associated ad accounts, but the people behind these ads continue to intentionally break our rules," he said.
    A Chase Metals—the sister company of metals.com—representative strongly denied all of Quartz' accusations, telling them it "takes an honest approach with its customers."

A fool and her money are soon parted.
    Even a Fox news fan doesn't deserve to get fleeced, but it is funny that she ran to Obama's Consumer financial protection bureau to get help, an agency conservatives fought tooth and nail against

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Joe Capitalist (11-19-2019), ThatOwlWoman (11-19-2019)

9. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,529 Times in 52,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

On the NBC Nightly News, most of the ads are for pharmaceuticals and age-related products like incontinent wear. You get the distinct feeling that most of their viewers must be elderly and in poor health.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

10. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    On the NBC Nightly News, most of the ads are for pharmaceuticals and age-related products like incontinent wear. You get the distinct feeling that most of their viewers must be elderly and in poor health.
    Sounds a lot like Fox News voters.
    “We’re at a time in American politics, that I am not going to lie on behalf of my presidential candidate, on behalf of my party. And I’m very sad that others in my party have taken the position that, as long as we get the White House, it doesn’t really matter what we say,”

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Capitalist For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (11-19-2019)

12. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,529 Times in 52,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Sounds a lot like Fox News voters.
    I wonder if anyone under 50 even gets their news from TV any more?
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

13. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    I wonder if anyone under 50 even gets their news from TV any more?
    I get most of my news from the late night talk show guys.
    The other guys are just too depressing.