Thread: Texas Right Wing Terrorist Woman Jailed For Mailing Explosives to Barack Obama

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,174 Times in 5,911 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 593 Times in 557 Posts

Default Texas Right Wing Terrorist Woman Jailed For Mailing Explosives to Barack Obama

A woman Trump-supporter who mailed bombs to former President Barack Obama and other officials has been sentenced to 10 years in federal prison.
    Julia Ann Poff, 48, pleaded guilty to the transportation of explosives with the intent to kill, injure and intimidate a person in July after a cat hair found under the address label on a box she mailed to the White House was traced back to her.
    U.S. District Judge Vanessa Gilmore sentenced her to a 10-year prison term followed by three years of supervised release, the U.S. Attorney's Office said on Monday. Poff was also ordered to pay $9,700 in restitution. The sentence was handed down moments after Poff denied having anything to do with the mailed explosives.

According to the U.S. Attorneys Office, Poff earlier admitted to mailing a package containing a homemade that was addressed to the former president in October 2016.
    She also admitted sending similar packages to Texas Governor Greg Abbott. According to the Chronicle, Abbott opened the box Poff sent in September 2016, but the explosives inside didn't go off.
    Poff sent Abbott the package because she was upset her ex-husband didn't send her child support, the Chronicle reported, citing court filings.

A package was also mailed to Carolyn Colvin, who was the commissioner of the Social Security Administration at the time, according to KHOU 11. Poff sent it in October 2016 after she was denied disability benefits for the third time, the Chronicle reported.
    Each package contained a "victim-activated, booby-trapped" improvised explosive device, authorities said.
    Prosecutors said authorities intercepted a U.S. Postal Service package at a White House mail handling facility at Bolling Air Force Base in Washington on October 6, 2016. An FBI explosives expert determined the package contained a homemade bomb after an examination.

The package was linked to Poff and her husband after a cat hair was found underneath a taped address label on the box that testing found was consistent with hairs taken from a cat belonging to the Poff family, according to the U.S. Attorney's Office.
    Poff's daughter said a cell phone that was found in the box was her old device that had last been seen in the garage of the family home in August or September 2016.
    Investigators also discovered Poff had used her debit card to buy a micro-USB box with the same barcode as one found in the package.
    In July, Poff said she was solely responsible for sending the packages, according to the U.S. Attorney's Office. Poff, of Brookshire, Texas. She will remain in custody pending a transfer to a U.S. Bureau of Prisons facility, the office said.

Republican Congressman Ken Buck:
    “We’re at a time in American politics, that I am not going to lie on behalf of my presidential candidate, on behalf of my party. And I’m very sad that others in my party have taken the position that, as long as we get the White House, it doesn’t really matter what we say,”

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

This is what happens when you have to many social programs for people and do not make them responsible for their own living. Thanks Democrats.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Semen
    Verified Loser
    This message is hidden because Semen is on your ignore list.
    “We’re at a time in American politics, that I am not going to lie on behalf of my presidential candidate, on behalf of my party. And I’m very sad that others in my party have taken the position that, as long as we get the White House, it doesn’t really matter what we say,”

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,284 Times in 27,093 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

A package was also mailed to Carolyn Colvin, who was the commissioner of the Social Security Administration at the time, according to KHOU 11. Poff sent it in October 2016 after she was denied disability benefits for the third time, the Chronicle reported.
    A theme we see over, and over, and over, and over.

That is: Trump-loving rightwing deplorables trying to use the social welfare state that liberals and progressives are responsible for enacting, while voting for rightwing Republicans who have spent lifetimes hating and trying to undermine The New Deal, the Great Society, and all the watershed social welfare programs enacted by liberals during and since FDR.

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post

That is: Trump-loving rightwing deplorables trying to use the social welfare state that liberals and progressives are responsible for enacting, while voting for rightwing Republicans who have spent lifetimes hating and trying to undermine The New Deal, the Great Society, and all the watershed social welfare programs enacted by liberals during and since FDR.
    She wasn't black with four bastard babies after having tested 20 sperm donors for paternity. That's what will get you disability under the social welfare programs enacted by Liberals and progressives.

That's a theme we see over and over and over.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,284 Times in 27,093 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post

I believe posters here would be amazed at how many deplorables on jpp dot com use disability, medicaid, social security, food stamps, medicare, union pensions, et al. You could literally say that their quality of life, their safety net, their backstop against economic calamity is due entirely to the programs liberals thought up and enacted against robust conservative opposition.