Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana Voters Snub Trump In Red State Governor's Race To Reelect Democrat Edwards

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Louisiana Voters Snub Trump In Red State Governor's Race To Reelect Democrat Edwards

"Democrat John Bel Edwards won another term as Louisiana’s governor on Saturday, frustrating President Donald Trump’s hope – backed by multiple visits to the state – of avenging the loss of the Kentucky governorship not even two weeks earlier.

As was the case in Kentucky’s gubernatorial race, Edwards’ victory demonstrated that Trump’s efforts to nationalize the contest by focusing on impeachment and other hot-button issues have limits, even in solidly red states."

Trump’s Efforts Fall Flat in Louisiana

"The GOP invested a lot of political capital into the contest late in the game -- Trump’s visits, tweets, robocalls and talk-radio interviews, plus $2 million and 60 paid staffers from the Republican National Committee just days before Election Day.

And in recent election cycles, Louisiana has become a reliable GOP-voting state, electing only Republicans to statewide office other than Edwards."

"John Couvillon, the head of the Louisiana-based firm JMC Analytics and Polling, estimated that black voters made up 26.5 percent of the primary electorate but 31 percent of the early vote for the runoff – a significant improvement. Experts credited an aggressive get-out-the-vote campaign by pro-Democratic groups that proved more effective than Trump rallies in energizing voters. "

Trump is one of the best Get-Out-The-Vote resources for Democrats ever seen.

If Trump isn't removed form office by the Republican Senate the voters will do it in 2020.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (11-21-2019), Trumpet (11-18-2019)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,680 Times in 27,325 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Trumpf made this Louisiana election a referendum on him and his presidency - I mean, he literally got down on his knees to beg and grovel voters to give him a victory in Louisiana. Voters obviously responded to his groveling by shooting him down in flames.

“You got to give me a big win, please, O.K.?”

- Donald Trumpf, begging @ MAGA Rally, Louisiana

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

evince (11-21-2019), Guno צְבִי (11-18-2019), PoliTalker (11-18-2019), ThatOwlWoman (11-21-2019), Trumpet (11-18-2019)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,896 Times in 21,660 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,687 Times in 5,190 Posts
    Blog Entries

Trump BEGGED for a win, saying please give me this one.

He tied it to impeachment.

The predicted backlash aint happening.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

evince (11-21-2019), Guno צְבִי (11-18-2019), PoliTalker (11-18-2019), ThatOwlWoman (11-21-2019)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Trump wanted Louisiana voters to judge his performance.

He got what he wanted.

REJECTION!
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

evince (11-21-2019), Guno צְבִי (11-18-2019), ThatOwlWoman (11-21-2019)

9. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 93 Times in 80 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Trump wanted Louisiana voters to judge his performance.

He got what he wanted.

REJECTION!
    HAHAHAHA!
    Roe v. Wade, 410 U.S. 113 (1973), was a landmark decision of the U.S. Supreme Court in which the Court ruled that the Constitution of the United States protects a pregnant woman's liberty to choose to have an abortion without excessive government restriction. If the domestic taliban known as the "religious right" can't abide by that law of the land, they can pack up and go somewhere else. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bhoyal For This Post:

PoliTalker (11-18-2019)

11. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Didn't want this to slide under the headlines unnoticed...

12. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,341 Times in 5,714 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 374 Times in 355 Posts

so can we say Democrats were rejecting Obama when they elected a republican governor in Massachusetts?

of course we can't , that's nutter talk right?

Didn't want this to slide under the headlines unnoticed...
    "unnoticed" that you are a triggered nut**bag and will grasp at anything that floats by to make you feel better?

noted
    This just In::: Trump indicted for living in liberals heads and not paying RENT

C̶N̶N̶ SNN.... Shithole News Network

Trump Is Coming back to a White House Near you

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Getin the ring For This Post:

Into the Night (11-18-2019), Truth Detector (11-18-2019)

14. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Getin the ring View Post
    so can we say Democrats were rejecting Obama when they elected a republican governor in Massachusetts?

of course we can't , that's nutter talk right?

"unnoticed" that you are a triggered nut**bag and will grasp at anything that floats by to make you feel better?

noted
    Amusing; it's a HUGE victory when Democrats HOLD onto a seat they already have.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Truth Detector For This Post:

Into the Night (11-18-2019)

16. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,733 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 707 Times in 647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Democrat John Bel Edwards is a moderate democrat who should have ran as a republican.

It's how he wins over republicans.

He' doesn't have progressive ideas. He could have ran as a republican and still won.

17. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Not to over extrapolate, but we are going to win every single vote in the USA next November.

18. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,341 Times in 5,714 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 374 Times in 355 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    Not to over extrapolate, but we are going to win every single vote in the USA next November.
    and to think we have to read things you say as we traverse threads
    This just In::: Trump indicted for living in liberals heads and not paying RENT

C̶N̶N̶ SNN.... Shithole News Network

Trump Is Coming back to a White House Near you

19. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,125 Times in 11,698 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,352 Posts
    Blog Entries

"Democrat John Bel Edwards won another term as Louisiana’s governor on Saturday, frustrating President Donald Trump’s hope – backed by multiple visits to the state – of avenging the loss of the Kentucky governorship not even two weeks earlier.

As was the case in Kentucky’s gubernatorial race, Edwards’ victory demonstrated that Trump’s efforts to nationalize the contest by focusing on impeachment and other hot-button issues have limits, even in solidly red states."

Trump’s Efforts Fall Flat in Louisiana

"The GOP invested a lot of political capital into the contest late in the game -- Trump’s visits, tweets, robocalls and talk-radio interviews, plus $2 million and 60 paid staffers from the Republican National Committee just days before Election Day.

And in recent election cycles, Louisiana has become a reliable GOP-voting state, electing only Republicans to statewide office other than Edwards."

"John Couvillon, the head of the Louisiana-based firm JMC Analytics and Polling, estimated that black voters made up 26.5 percent of the primary electorate but 31 percent of the early vote for the runoff – a significant improvement. Experts credited an aggressive get-out-the-vote campaign by pro-Democratic groups that proved more effective than Trump rallies in energizing voters. "

Trump is one of the best Get-Out-The-Vote resources for Democrats ever seen.

If Trump isn't removed form office by the Republican Senate the voters will do it in 2020.
    Quite a few Republicans elected for the House and Senate too. Do you still believe the Democrats are stupid enough to actually impeach and expose all of their doings to public cross examination under oath?

20. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Micawber,

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    But I fear we will end up with a 'safe' centrist candidate who will not substantially change things for the better which, coupled with the notorious American short memory, will lead to yet another swing of the political pendulum back to a new 'clean' corporate Republican in 2024, following a resurgence of Republican Congressional presence in 2022.

21. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,760 Times in 27,235 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,587 Times in 18,176 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ64 View Post
    Democrat John Bel Edwards is a moderate democrat who should have ran as a republican.

It's how he wins over republicans.

He' doesn't have progressive ideas. He could have ran as a republican and still won.
    nope

the republicans would have not allowed him

too liberal

he is very right leaning though

22. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,760 Times in 27,235 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,587 Times in 18,176 Posts
    Blog Entries

we have to watch for Russian cheating

China cheating