Members banned from this thread: domer76


Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 102

Thread: Let's just impeach everyone

  1. #1 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    life
    Posts
    33,884
    Thanks
    8,707
    Thanked 12,189 Times in 8,785 Posts
    Groans
    188
    Groaned 1,510 Times in 1,435 Posts

    Default Let's just impeach everyone

    If Washington, D.C. were held to biblical standards, it would be an ash heap.

    Recall that God smoked Sodom and Gomorrah when Abraham couldn’t find 10 righteous men among the populace to meet His condition for sparing them.

    Good luck filling that quota in the Capitol.



    What we saw during last week's hearings confirms there are no white hats in this impeachment fight. No one purely motivated. And the only righteousness on display is self-righteousness.

    Picking sides is a pointless exercise that serves to perpetuate the poisonous partisanship ruining our country. We should stop pretending there’s virtue on one side of this enterprise and evil on the other and accept the reality that two things can be true at once.

    Donald Trump can be an immoral scoundrel who abused the power of the presidency in pressuring a foreign country to help take down a political rival.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anatta For This Post:

    Havana Moon (11-18-2019), Stretch (11-18-2019)

  3. #2 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    life
    Posts
    33,884
    Thanks
    8,707
    Thanked 12,189 Times in 8,785 Posts
    Groans
    188
    Groaned 1,510 Times in 1,435 Posts

    Default

    Adam Schiff can be a scheming weasel who's had the impeachment papers on his desk for three years just waiting to fill in the blanks. I believe that, too.

    I put nothing past Trump, the most dishonorable president ever to hold the office. His moral compass is without a needle. Even in this vulgar social media age, Trump’s coarseness is unacceptable for an American president.

    Before rushing to your keyboard to fire off a “Yeah, but what about the economy …” email, I’ll admit, I’ve done quite well as an investor during the Trump years. But I suspect it’s possible for a president to cut taxes and regulations and boost the stock market without being an insufferable braggart and a serial offender of decency.

    Still, I find myself trapped into defending Trump against the push by ruthless Democrats and their allies to take down an elected president by any means necessary. Trump has not been treated fairly. Nor was he ever given a chance to succeed. Democrats began their resistance movement on Inauguration Day, and talk of impeachment started before he switched on the lights in the Oval Office.

    Worse, there's ample evidence that anti-Trump forces in the Justice Department worked to orchestrate a coup against the president.

    Critics of Trump contend his actions present a constitutional crisis. But Trump has not defied checks on his overreaches by the courts. It is a constitutional crisis, however, when forces inside the government actively attempt to influence the outcome of a presidential election, and then work to undermine the president elected by the people.
    https://www.detroitnews.com/story/op...nt/4203250002/

  4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to anatta For This Post:

    Darth Omar (11-18-2019), Earl (11-18-2019), RB 60 (11-18-2019), Stretch (11-18-2019)

  5. #3 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    life
    Posts
    33,884
    Thanks
    8,707
    Thanked 12,189 Times in 8,785 Posts
    Groans
    188
    Groaned 1,510 Times in 1,435 Posts

    Default

    Schiff can be a scheming weasel...lol

  6. The Following User Groans At anatta For This Awful Post:

    Nordberg (11-18-2019)

  7. #4 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    28,613
    Thanks
    7,764
    Thanked 17,497 Times in 11,789 Posts
    Groans
    5
    Groaned 983 Times in 942 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    Adam Schiff can be a scheming weasel who's had the impeachment papers on his desk for three years just waiting to fill in the blanks. I believe that, too.

    I put nothing past Trump, the most dishonorable president ever to hold the office. His moral compass is without a needle. Even in this vulgar social media age, Trump’s coarseness is unacceptable for an American president.

    Before rushing to your keyboard to fire off a “Yeah, but what about the economy …” email, I’ll admit, I’ve done quite well as an investor during the Trump years. But I suspect it’s possible for a president to cut taxes and regulations and boost the stock market without being an insufferable braggart and a serial offender of decency.

    Still, I find myself trapped into defending Trump against the push by ruthless Democrats and their allies to take down an elected president by any means necessary. Trump has not been treated fairly. Nor was he ever given a chance to succeed. Democrats began their resistance movement on Inauguration Day, and talk of impeachment started before he switched on the lights in the Oval Office.

    Worse, there's ample evidence that anti-Trump forces in the Justice Department worked to orchestrate a coup against the president.

    Critics of Trump contend his actions present a constitutional crisis. But Trump has not defied checks on his overreaches by the courts. It is a constitutional crisis, however, when forces inside the government actively attempt to influence the outcome of a presidential election, and then work to undermine the president elected by the people.
    https://www.detroitnews.com/story/op...nt/4203250002/
    Pretty much bingo.

    Trump absolutely offends some people’s sensibilities but his vagaries are hardly a threat to the republic or even to the presidency. Some day Trump will go back to being a private citizen and we can go back to smooth talking, genteel but otherwise incompetent presidents lol.

    Note that the writer wasn’t terribly unhappy with things under Trump.

    The real threat to the republic AND future presidents is what The Resistance is doing and has done while Trump has been president. Will Trump allow the FBI to spy on the next democrat candidate? Thanks to Obama, that bridge has been crossed. Will the next republican controlled House start a closed door ‘impeachment inquiry’ based on mere fiat of the House Speaker.

    If so, everyone can thank democrats and The Resistance.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

  8. The Following User Groans At Darth Omar For This Awful Post:

    Nordberg (11-18-2019)

  9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

    anatta (11-18-2019), anonymoose (11-18-2019), Earl (11-18-2019), RB 60 (11-18-2019)

  10. #5 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    life
    Posts
    33,884
    Thanks
    8,707
    Thanked 12,189 Times in 8,785 Posts
    Groans
    188
    Groaned 1,510 Times in 1,435 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Pretty much bingo.

    Trump absolutely offends some people’s sensibilities but his vagaries are hardly a threat to the republic or even to the presidency. Some day Trump will go back to being a private citizen and we can go back to smooth talking, genteel but otherwise incompetent presidents lol.

    Note that the writer wasn’t terribly unhappy with things under Trump.

    The real threat to the republic AND future presidents is what The Resistance is doing and has done while Trump has been president. Will Trump allow the FBI to spy on the next democrat candidate? Thanks to Obama, that bridge has been crossed. Will the next republican controlled House start a closed door ‘impeachment inquiry’ based on mere fiat of the House Speaker.

    If so, everyone can thank democrats and The Resistance.
    we've seen the Deep State threat to Constitutional order.
    We've seen Dems absolutely blow their minds over TDS -while screwing over the country by thwarting Trump
    at the border *all hail Mexico for doing the job they wont*

    Now we see them devolve into a bunch of 'weasels' -who don't give a damn about ANYTHING except killing Trump

    This is a very bad and dysfunctional path- even more so on then just pure partisanship. It's a derangement

  11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to anatta For This Post:

    Darth Omar (11-18-2019), Earl (11-18-2019), RB 60 (11-18-2019)

  12. #6 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    12,719
    Thanks
    22,400
    Thanked 5,923 Times in 4,636 Posts
    Groans
    11,551
    Groaned 757 Times in 712 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    A perusal of past presidents shows that very few have been fountains of virtue. President Truman was probably the last president who was an honest, decent, virtuous man.

    Virtue is no longer a requirement for the presidency in today’s world.

    Que lastina.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

    Truth Detector (11-18-2019)

  14. #7 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    18,174
    Thanks
    2,552
    Thanked 8,060 Times in 5,575 Posts
    Groans
    92
    Groaned 1,456 Times in 1,351 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    No, just your Orange fuck criminal who wasn't even elected in the first place.

  15. The Following User Groans At Micawber For This Awful Post:

    Dark Soul (11-18-2019)

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

    TTQ64 (11-18-2019)

  17. #8 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    28,613
    Thanks
    7,764
    Thanked 17,497 Times in 11,789 Posts
    Groans
    5
    Groaned 983 Times in 942 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    A perusal of past presidents shows that very few have been fountains of virtue. President Truman was probably the last president who was an honest, decent, virtuous man.

    Virtue is no longer a requirement for the presidency in today’s world.

    Que lastina.
    Meh, Jimmy Carter managed to be both honorable and incompetent lol.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

    anonymoose (11-18-2019)

  19. #9 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    12,719
    Thanks
    22,400
    Thanked 5,923 Times in 4,636 Posts
    Groans
    11,551
    Groaned 757 Times in 712 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Meh, Jimmy Carter managed to be both honorable and incompetent lol.
    Not mutually exclusive, right?

    Lol

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

    Darth Omar (11-18-2019)

  21. #10 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    11,045
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 7,039 Times in 4,896 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 341 Times in 325 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    No, just your Orange fuck criminal who wasn't even elected in the first place.

    speaking of TDS

    tin foil.jpg
    I VOTED FOR THE WHITE GUY THIS TIME

    C̶N̶N̶ SNN.... Shithole News Network

    WHERES RUTH

  22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Getin the ring For This Post:

    Dark Soul (11-18-2019), Earl (11-18-2019), RB 60 (11-18-2019), Truth Detector (11-18-2019)

  23. #11 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Prairieville
    Posts
    15,175
    Thanks
    1,531
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 4,690 Posts
    Groans
    329
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    If Washington, D.C. were held to biblical standards, it would be an ash heap.

    Recall that God smoked Sodom and Gomorrah when Abraham couldn’t find 10 righteous men among the populace to meet His condition for sparing them.

    Good luck filling that quota in the Capitol.



    What we saw during last week's hearings confirms there are no white hats in this impeachment fight. No one purely motivated. And the only righteousness on display is self-righteousness.

    Picking sides is a pointless exercise that serves to perpetuate the poisonous partisanship ruining our country. We should stop pretending there’s virtue on one side of this enterprise and evil on the other and accept the reality that two things can be true at once.

    Donald Trump can be an immoral scoundrel who abused the power of the presidency in pressuring a foreign country to help take down a political rival.

    just racists and homophobes will be adequate

  24. #12 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    18,174
    Thanks
    2,552
    Thanked 8,060 Times in 5,575 Posts
    Groans
    92
    Groaned 1,456 Times in 1,351 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    When one side can prove the president is corrupt, impeachment is the remedy.
    Choke on it. And it is during times as these that your reaction proves you place party above our laws.
    Therefore you are also traitors. We are keeping the Republic, you are doing Russian work
    trying to destroy it.

    If Trump did not commit multiple crimes, lie all the time, kept his word, stopped trying to obstruct the
    media, didn't use his pulpit to foment hate from racist gun freaks, we would not be where we are.
    We would not appear preachy. He handed us the sermon. He handed us the rope. We are righteous, you are corrupt
    traitors. We are in fact, inarguably better people than you are. More moral, righteous and more patriotic
    to the best principles and laws this country has enacted. So eat shit and die.

    We judge you by the company you keep. That is Trump. Therefore you are as scummy as the most vile, disgusting asshole this planet has ever known.

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

    TTQ64 (11-18-2019)

  26. #13 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    12,719
    Thanks
    22,400
    Thanked 5,923 Times in 4,636 Posts
    Groans
    11,551
    Groaned 757 Times in 712 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Four more years...then Ivanka.

  27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Earl For This Post:

    Dark Soul (11-18-2019), Truth Detector (11-18-2019)

  28. #14 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    12,719
    Thanks
    22,400
    Thanked 5,923 Times in 4,636 Posts
    Groans
    11,551
    Groaned 757 Times in 712 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Flameout on aisle 9, film at 11.

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

    Truth Detector (11-18-2019)

  30. #15 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Blue Ridge
    Posts
    27,346
    Thanks
    17,051
    Thanked 8,865 Times in 6,923 Posts
    Groans
    3,215
    Groaned 1,058 Times in 965 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    After this bullshit flames out, let's impeach the deep state.

  31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dark Soul For This Post:

    Earl (11-18-2019), Truth Detector (11-18-2019)

Similar Threads

  1. 52% Now Say Impeach
    By katzgar in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-18-2019, 05:34 PM
  2. Impeach Clinton? Impeach Trump? What lawmakers said then, what they say now
    By Truth Detector in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-04-2019, 02:43 PM
  3. Impeach Now
    By Beefy in forum In Memoriam
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-26-2008, 02:14 AM
  4. Impeach Now
    By Beefy in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-26-2008, 02:14 AM
  5. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-10-2006, 06:33 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •