Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HOUSE "RULES OF ENGAGEMENT" TRUMP IMPEACHMENT taken from CLINTON IMPEACHMENT

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello ThatOwlWoman,

They came across like inept neophytes unfamiliar with the proceedings, and by arguing process they are tipping their hand that they have no real defense.

The best moment was when Congressman Welch said he would love to hear from the person who started all this, no, not the whistleblower, but President Trump himself, as he would be more than welcome to come and testify on his own behalf.

I'm sure they could keep a seat nice and hot, all for him.
    "proceedings"? is that what you call the Schiff show?
    Schiff is acting the prosecutor an judge

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Stretch (11-16-2019)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

It is rather extraordinary that Republicans are arguing that the whole story is not being heard, even as President Trump has refused to comply with the law to release his taxes, the State Department records of Taylor's notes, or to allow any of the White House figures at the center of this scandal to testify, such as Mulvaney, Pence, Pompeo, Perry, Don Jr, or the people from OMB who control the release of the aid money to Ukraine.

Can you say 'obstruction of justice?'
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

It is rather extraordinary that Republicans are arguing that the whole story is not being heard, even as President Trump has refused to comply with the law to release his taxes, the State Department records of Taylor's notes, or to allow any of the White House figures at the center of this scandal to testify, such as Mulvaney, Pence, Pompeo, Perry, Don Jr, or the people from OMB who control the release of the aid money to Ukraine.

taxes have nothing to do with any of this. the rest is covered by executive privilege

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,188 Times in 25,723 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    It's all posturing for the Fox audience. "See how tough we are? We're standing up to Schiff! We're defending our Fuehrer!"
    Exactly. There are parliamentary rules for just this reason and those two should get familiar with them.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

6. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (11-16-2019)

7. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,188 Times in 25,723 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Hello christiefan915,

I was hoping they would push Schiff just a little further so that he would be justified in having them removed from the proceedings by the Sergeant at Arms.
    It may happen yet, there are lots more hearings on the agenda.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

8. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

PoliTalker (11-16-2019)

9. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,511 Times in 4,834 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,798 Times in 1,605 Posts
    Blog Entries

UNTIL we see his tax returns, we have no idea why he is sucking up and kissing PUTIN'S ass. If there is no there there, RELEASE THE FUCKING TAX RETURNS. It was HIS KID that put the Russian financing 'fact' on the table. We didn't make it up. If Eric is the dumb one and just talking out his ass, then RELEASE THE FUCKING TAX RETURNS. But let's also not forget that Eric was still fingerpainting when Trump was tied to Russian money in the early 90s.

“We don’t rely on American banks. We have all the funding we need out of Russia.”

“So when I got in the cart with Eric,” Dodson says, “as we were setting off, I said, ‘Eric, who’s funding? I know no banks—because of the recession, the Great Recession—have touched a golf course. You know, no one’s funding any kind of golf construction. It’s dead in the water the last four or five years.’ And this is what he said. He said, ‘Well, we don’t rely on American banks. We have all the funding we need out of Russia.’ I said, ‘Really?’ And he said, ‘Oh, yeah. We’ve got some guys that really, really love golf, and they’re really invested in our programs. We just go there all the time.’ Now that was three years ago, so it was pretty interesting.”

Eric Trump
    WK1 3/28-/4 _Cases 301k--Dead 18.1k Lethality 2.72%
    WK2 4/5-/13 _Cases 555k--Dead 22.1K Lethality 3.9%
    WK3 4/20-/21 Cases 774k -Dead 37.2K Lethality 4.8%
    WK4 4/22-/29 Cases 1M --Dead 58.8K Lethality 5.9%
    WK5 5/1-/8__ Cases 1.3M -Dead 75.7K Lethality 6.1%
    WK6 5/9-16__Cases 1.4M --Dead 85.8K Lethality 6.1%
    WK7 5/17-24_Cases 1.7M - Dead 97.6K Lethality 5.9%
    WK8 5/28 Cases 1.7M - DEAD 101.2K - Same

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Centerleftfl For This Post:

11. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello dukkha,

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    "proceedings"? is that what you call the Schiff show?
    Schiff is acting the prosecutor an judge
    Chairman Schiff is presenting himself in the utmost professional manner. He didn't even crack his facial expression as he repeatedly had to gavel the uncool Jordan and Stefanik to order.

Schiff is making no judgements at all, but is rightfully acting in the role of prosecutor because that is his responsibility. And he is perfectly suited for it because he was an effective prosecutor before he was ever elected to office. President Trump is implicated in illegal activity and in misconduct as President. The responsibility lies with the House of Representatives to oversee the President, no small task with a President who defies any oversight.

Since there has been no independent investigation of the Ukraine Scandal, (similar to when Nixon or Clinton were impeached,) it falls upon the House to conduct that investigation, and that is exactly what is happening under the careful and proper guidance of Chairman Schiff.

After this Intelligence Committee Investigation is completed, the matter will move to the Judiciary Committee to determine if Articles of Impeachment should be drawn up.

What's eating away at Republicans is they know it does not look good for Trump. There is nothing they can do to stop or derail this process, no matter how hard they resist or try. Frustration is visibly tearing them up.

You can just hear the angst in their voices. Jordan and Stefanik really appeared to be coming unglued. Very disrespectful of the proper proceedings. It's like they are stuck in a nightmare scenario and they just can't seem to wake up.

What would be highly entertaining would be if Matt Gaetz was on the Intelligence Committee. But we won't have to wait long to see the histrionics. He's on the Judiciary Committee, and there is NOTHING that is going to stop this train from rolling. It is on the track and at full steam.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

12. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

"Most recently, Reuters reported that a group of 63 Russia billionaires have invested nearly $100 million in several Trump properties in Florida."

It is highly unlikely that anyone becomes a billionaire in Russia without having ties to illegal activity. The upper echelon of that economy is almost entirely dependent on bribery and pay-offs.

We definitely need to see the taxes and all the financial records.

Trump is so dirty.

Remember.

The got Al Capone on taxes.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

christiefan915 (11-16-2019)

14. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello dukkha,

taxes have nothing to do with any of this. the rest is covered by executive privilege
    IOW, 'Trump is above the law.'

You would not be saying that if President Hillary faced these same charges.

And we call BS.

Nobody who is not a Trump fan is being fooled. People understand why Trump refuses to release his taxes as he promised on several occasions that he would do. As soon as those taxes are released, he is going to be charged with crimes. He may stall that process with appeals and what not, but sooner or later he is going to have to answer for his crooked financial dealings. I would be surprised if he does not end up in prison. Seeing Trump go to prison would reinstate the sense of right and wrong, and being responsible for your actions in America. Trump in prison would be the one greatest thing that would help our nation heal and regain faith in our system, and the belief that no one is above the law.

15. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,977 Times in 32,292 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

from your own fucking source.....
    So, the language on subpoenas is more partisan this time
    yes, it is.....

but the end result is more or less the same
    really?.....how many subpoenas did the Republicans refuse in the Clinton investigation?.....none......Schiff refused all, except for the three he had previously brought in to testify in closed hearings......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

anatta (11-16-2019), Stretch (11-16-2019)

17. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Hello dukkha,

IOW, 'Trump is above the law.'

You would not be saying that if President Hillary faced these same charges.

And we call BS.

Nobody who is not a Trump fan is being fooled. People understand why Trump refuses to release his taxes as he promised on several occasions that he would do. As soon as those taxes are released, he is going to be charged with crimes. He may stall that process with appeals and what not, but sooner or later he is going to have to answer for his crooked financial dealings. I would be surprised if he does not end up in prison. Seeing Trump go to prison would reinstate the sense of right and wrong, and being responsible for your actions in America. Trump in prison would be the one greatest thing that would help our nation heal and regain faith in our system, and the belief that no one is above the law.
    lots of assumptions, little facts.. mucho fantasies..nothing to do with the the proceedings

18. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,424 Times in 53,290 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

such crap. he's duly elected.
    too bad your TDS can't see that or the fact this impeachment is in search of a crime unlike Clinton/Nixon.

you don't give up on due process simply because you hate the guy
    Too bad you refuse to see a crime right in front of your eyes. Read the transcript.

As for due process, you might as well quit trying to equate these hearings with criminal trials. It's already been explained to you multiple times that this is not a criminal trial.

Here's a lovely parting gift, chosen especially for you:

"Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Cypress (11-16-2019), PoliTalker (11-16-2019)

20. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,424 Times in 53,290 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

They came across like inept neophytes unfamiliar with the proceedings, and by arguing process they are tipping their hand that they have no real defense.

The best moment was when Congressman Welch said he would love to hear from the person who started all this, no, not the whistleblower, but President Trump himself, as he would be more than welcome to come and testify on his own behalf.

I'm sure they could keep a seat nice and hot, all for him.
    That was a sweet moment, wasn't it? Almost as good are the simpletons pretending that that was a win for the RWers. lol

"Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Cypress (11-16-2019), PoliTalker (11-16-2019)

22. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Too bad you refuse to see a crime right in front of your eyes. Read the transcript.

As for due process, you might as well quit trying to equate these hearings with criminal trials. It's already been explained to you multiple times that this is not a criminal trial.

Here's a lovely parting gift, chosen especially for you:

fine. hole up and talk to yourself and other TDS infected minds.
    As to your point it's "already been explained" Schiif is selling BS -but suit yourself

23. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,323 Times in 10,512 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,917 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Blog Entries

6th amendment
    Irrelevant, ignorant fuck. The 6th only applies to CRIMINAL proceedings. Impeachment is not criminal in nature, cunt.

How many times has this been explained to you, Nuttinhoney?

Dumbfuck.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to domer76 For This Post: