Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: My eyes ears and mouth would hemmorahge if I had to lie like this

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,593 Times in 4,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,203 Times in 1,060 Posts

Default My eyes ears and mouth would hemmorahge if I had to lie like this

Seriously! How much of a sociopath does one need to be to have the audacity to lie like these right wing members of Congress are? Who would want to die on a hill like Donald Trump regardless of how greedily they want to hold onto their jobs.
    Last edited by Cinnabar; 11-15-2019 at 03:10 PM.
    BLUEXIT
    A Modest Proposal For Separating Blue States From Red

Dear Red-State Trump Voter,
    Let’s face it, guys: We’re done.

It is a tragedy that so much of the work that so many men and women toiled at for so long to make this a better country, and a better world, has been thrown away, leaving us all in such needless peril.

This is why our separation in all but name is necessary.

https://newrepublic.com/article/1409...mp-red-america

2. The Following User Groans At Cinnabar For This Awful Post:

Earl (11-16-2019)

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cinnabar For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (11-15-2019), ThatOwlWoman (11-15-2019), Trumpet (11-15-2019)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,676 Times in 27,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    Seriously! How much of a sociopath does one need to be to have the audacity to lie like these right wing members of Congress are? Who would want to die on a hill like Donald Trump regardless of how greedily they want to hold onto their jobs.
    I am not convinced that the worst liars are necessarily even members of congress. Although Trump is truly remarkable for the frequency and audacity with which he lies, prevaricates, and deceives.

Message board adventures, and general life experience disclosed to me that there are an extraordinary quantity of subhumans who will lie relentlessly without conscience or remorse about public figures, about other posters, about anyone they harbor imaginary grievances against.

I leave it to the priests, the psychologists, the theologians to determine how much damage that kind of unrepentant lying does to one's soul and mental health.

"You know I hate, detest, and can't bear a lie, not because I am straighter than the rest of us, but simply because it appals me. There is a taint of death, a flavour of mortality in lies - which is exactly what I hate and detest in the world - what I want to forget.”

― Joseph Conrad, Heart of Darkness

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

christiefan915 (11-15-2019), Guno צְבִי (11-15-2019), ThatOwlWoman (11-15-2019), Trumpet (11-15-2019)

6. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    I am not convinced that the worst liars are necessarily even members of congress. Although Trump is truly remarkable for the frequency and audacity with which he lies, prevaricates, and deceives.

Message board adventures, and general life experience disclosed to me that there are an extraordinary quantity of subhumans who will lie relentlessly without conscience or remorse about public figures, about other posters, about anyone they harbor imaginary grievances against.

I leave it to the priests, the psychologists, the theologians to determine how much damage that kind of unrepentant lying does to one's soul and mental health.
    Trump attracted a base that in large part reflects the sociopathy he represents.
    BLUEXIT

It is a tragedy that so much of the work that so many men and women toiled at for so long to make this a better country, and a better world, has been thrown away, leaving us all in such needless peril.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cinnabar For This Post:

Cypress (11-16-2019), Guno צְבִי (11-15-2019), Trumpet (11-15-2019)

8. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,393 Times in 53,273 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Not only that, but far too many of them also claim to be Christians and even quote scripture here! For some reason they get unreasonably enraged when you point out that "bearing false witness" is against one of the commandments. Many modern Xtians though seem to think of them as the "10 suggestions." Guess it's what you have to do when you worship a fellow subhuman who has broken every single one of them, except possibly the "thou shall not kill" commandment. And even that's fuzzy -- would ordering children to be held in detention centers where some of them have died lacking proper medical care be considered "killing" to most of us? We seemed to think so at Nuremberg.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

christiefan915 (11-15-2019), Cypress (11-15-2019), Guno צְבִי (11-15-2019), Trumpet (11-15-2019)

10. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Trump attracted a base that in large part reflects the sociopathy he represents.
    True., especially a good lot of the Reichwing company around here.

Professionals in the mental health field are going to have a bonanza of research opportunities once these dark days have passed.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Cinnabar (11-15-2019), Cypress (11-15-2019), Guno צְבִי (11-15-2019), Trumpet (11-15-2019)

12. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Op feels exactly as do I. I do not recognize these republicans as the party I was in for 30 years. I do not recognize these people as humans who have been socialized in the same way as I have. They are a new tribe of amoral scoundrels. Wtf happened to them? Have they no shame? Did they not have moms? Wtf?

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (11-15-2019), Trumpet (11-15-2019)

14. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    Op feels exactly as do I. I do not recognize these republicans as the party I was in for 30 years. I do not recognize these people as humans who have been socialized in the same way as I have. They are a new tribe of amoral scoundrels. Wtf happened to them? Have they no shame? Did they not have moms? Wtf?
    Invasion of The Body Snatchers vibe..no?
    BLUEXIT

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinnabar For This Post:

Trumpet (11-15-2019)

16. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,676 Times in 27,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Not only that, but far too many of them also claim to be Christians and even quote scripture here! For some reason they get unreasonably enraged when you point out that "bearing false witness" is against one of the commandments. Many modern Xtians though seem to think of them as the "10 suggestions." Guess it's what you have to do when you worship a fellow subhuman who has broken every single one of them, except possibly the "thou shall not kill" commandment. And even that's fuzzy -- would ordering children to be held in detention centers where some of them have died lacking proper medical care be considered "killing" to most of us? We seemed to think so at Nuremberg.
    I am always struck by how many self-identified Christians are comfortable with willful and deliberate lying on message boards.

Let's chalk it up to them being phony Christian poseurs. The real, actual Christians I know in real life seem to try to make conscious efforts to cultivate moral character.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (11-15-2019)

18. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Well you're a bloody mess then.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

Earl (11-16-2019), PostmodernProphet (11-16-2019), Sailor (11-15-2019)

20. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

There were former Ukraine officials and ambassadors interfering in our election in fall of 2016; expressed
    preferences for Hillary; did Yova tell them to knock it off? "No".
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

Earl (11-16-2019)

22. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Why do you care so much what they do?

You don’t need them to impeach Trump. Do it now

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to canceled.2021.2 For This Post:

Callinectes (11-16-2019), Earl (11-16-2019)

24. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    Well you're a bloody mess then.
    And here's one of the poseurs now.... it's as though there's a bat signal!

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

christiefan915 (11-15-2019), Cypress (11-15-2019), Guno צְבִי (11-15-2019)

26. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

I The real, actual Christians I know in real life seem to try to make conscious efforts to cultivate moral character.
    Agreed. These people make Jesus puke.

27. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yova: "A president has the right to make foreign policy."
    Yova: "I have no evidence of Prez accepting any bribes."
    Yova: "It is appropriate to investigate corruption." (Mutual Assistance Treaty)
    pain in abortion.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

Callinectes (11-16-2019), Earl (11-16-2019), PostmodernProphet (11-16-2019)

29. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I am always struck by how many self-identified Christians are comfortable with willful and deliberate lying on message boards.

Let's chalk it up to them being phony Christian poseurs. The real, actual Christians I know in real life seem to try to make conscious efforts to cultivate moral character.
    That's true for the ones I know personally, too. This evening the Reichwing lies will be flying like snowflakes in a blizzard both here and on Fox. I see we already have one of the Whores4Trump with a fresh load in this very thread! lol

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Cypress (11-15-2019), Guno צְבִי (11-16-2019)