Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: SCHOOL SHOOTING, multiple victims-CA (doesn't even warrant 'honorable' mention here?)

1. #286 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 603 Times in 570 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    I have a nice collection from black powder guns to actual military issued hi-powered rifles (and a 1911). You think I don't know how to use them?
    Lighten up!

I was joking!

2. #287 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,615 Times in 17,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf_Twitler View Post
    Not sure that parents today are raising their children right! Children don't fear their parents anymore!

Hell, my parents were not childbeaters- but they could sure sock the sanctions on us!

I'd had much rather they beat me- than take my wheels away!
    I got a few ass whoopings for doing stupid shit when I was a kid, especially when I got suspended from school in 3rd. grade. Never had my "wheels" taken away though. I had to buy my own car and pay my own insurance. I bought a '71 Mustang MACH I just before my 17th. birthday.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

3. #288 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Lighten up!

I was joking!
    Deer season starts here in PA the Monday after Thanksgiving. Our gun club is very busy with people sighting in their rifles.
    Before we made it mandatory that only members are allowed on the property, there were some who would come and put
    pie plates at the 50 yd. range and were satisfied if they hit it 3 or 4 out of 5 times off a bench rest. Myself, I'd put a
    smaller target at the 100 yd. range and would go back home and load another box if I didn't hit it 5 of 5 times offhand.
    I was always glad I hunted on private land, far from those others.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

4. #289 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Deer season starts here in PA the Monday after Thanksgiving. Our gun club is very busy with people sighting in their rifles.
    Before we made it mandatory that only members are allowed on the property, there were some who would come and put
    pie plates at the 50 yd. range and were satisfied if they hit it 3 or 4 out of 5 times off a bench rest. Myself, I'd put a
    smaller target at the 100 yd. range and would go back home and load another box if I didn't hit it 5 of 5 times offhand.
    I was always glad I hunted on private land, far from those others.
    I never used a scope on any of my rifles. BUt I would go along for the target practice as everyone else sighted in their scopes. Well not until my brother-in-law talked me into putting a Monte Carlo stock on me ole British 303.

It turned out absolutely gorgeous- but ruined a perfectly good 303 British! Now it just sits in the cabinet! I prefer my Over & Under 222 and 20 guage now when I walk through the wood! Turkeys yanno!

Good luck on your Deer Hunt!

5. #290 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I never used a scope on any of my rifles. BUt I would go along for the target practice as everyone else sighted in their scopes. Well not until my brother-in-law talked me into putting a Monte Carlo stock on me ole British 303.

It turned out absolutely gorgeous- but ruined a perfectly good 303 British! Now it just sits in the cabinet! I prefer my Over & Under 222 and 20 guage now when I walk through the wood! Turkeys yanno!

Good luck on your Deer Hunt!
    I haven't hunted for the last few years due to health reasons. This last surgery fixed my leg problems so I'm hoping to get out next year (I'm still healing from the last one).
    My deer rifle is a Remmington 700 BDL, with a Leupold Compact 3X9. I smoothed the trigger and trued the bolt, it's a tack driver off a bench rest. I bought it when I was 18.
    I haven't shot it the last few years though, but I do hunt ground hogs every spring until the soybeans get too high. For those I use a Pre '64 Model 70 Winchester .220 Swift
    with a 26" SS barrel, I also trued the bolt and added an adjustable Timmney trigger set at 2.5 lbs. The furthest I shot a groundhog was 780 yd. a few years ago. Of late, I've
    been having a lot of fun shooting a Uberti 1858 Colt Army replica black powder revolver during the summer when I'm not driving my Cobra.

6. #291 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I haven't hunted for the last few years due to health reasons. This last surgery fixed my leg problems so I'm hoping to get out next year (I'm still healing from the last one).
    My deer rifle is a Remmington 700 BDL, with a Leupold Compact 3X9. I smoothed the trigger and trued the bolt, it's a tack driver off a bench rest. I bought it when I was 18.
    I haven't shot it the last few years though, but I do hunt ground hogs every spring until the soybeans get too high. For those I use a Pre '64 Model 70 Winchester .220 Swift
    with a 26" SS barrel, I also trued the bolt and added an adjustable Timmney trigger set at 2.5 lbs. The furthest I shot a groundhog was 780 yd. a few years ago. Of late, I've
    been having a lot of fun shooting a Uberti 1858 Colt Army replica black powder revolver during the summer when I'm not driving my Cobra.
    Man! Those are some mighty fine shootin' irons RB! I know you are proud of them.

I've passed down most of my guns away to my son and grand sons now. But, not sure I can make hunters out of the younger ones though! The two youngest grand sons are more into fly-fishing, playin' guitars ........................and hunting beaver and two legged deer now! LOL!

7. #292 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Man! Those are some mighty fine shootin' irons RB! I know you are proud of them.

I've passed down most of my guns away to my son and grand sons now. But, not sure I can make hunters out of the younger ones though! The two youngest grand sons are more into fly-fishing, playin' guitars ........................and hunting beaver and two legged deer now! LOL!
    My father gave me the .220 Swift for my 12th. birthday present. It was my favorite of all his guns and it's still my favorite. I've often said there gonna bury it with me!
    I don't have any kids, but possibly a daughter from when I was 21 (although that is questionable, depending on what mood her mother is in), but I always treated her as
    mine. I still do and she's happily married to an ex marine and has 2 daughters. So I really don't have anyone to give my guns to other than my cousin's son who my parents
    considered their ("adopted") grandson. I gave him one of the handguns that my father gave me after he died as a remembrance of my father. He's a good kid and has become
    quite proficient with it. I am considering selling some of them to do a few upgrades to my home, I'd like to remodel my bathroom again and put a walk-in shower in. I could
    also use some new rain gutters. Other than that, my home is pretty nice. We'll see.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

TOP (11-21-2019)

9. #293 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,507 Times in 1,787 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,738 Times in 1,599 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rjhenn View Post
    There are legal age restrictions on the purchase of firearms. Those restrictions didn't exist when I was in school and such shootings were very rare.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

If you scatter the means of murder around like confetti, laws are meaningless, obviously, and the nastier children will get their hands on them.

10. #294 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Not sure that parents today are raising their children right! Children don't fear their parents anymore!

Hell, my parents were not childbeaters- but they could sure sock the sanctions on us!

I'd had much rather they beat me- than take my wheels away!
    Oh, they made you stand in the corner and think about what you did, huh?

11. #295 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,507 Times in 1,787 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,738 Times in 1,599 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Penderyn View Post
    Children, in my experience, are, en masse, ghastly people, and obviously to allow them guns is madness. Your national madness in this respect makes it much, much worse. I often wonder if schools are really worth having, except as a way to realise that our delusions about humanity don't alter the dreadful facts. I was a good fighter with my fists, but the thought of murdering other children is really dreadful.
    As you know, OwlWoman, I too did my bit in the classroom, where we all talk that way sometimes. The kids can have their good moments too, but they have a lot to learn, which is why education. I wish they had proper schools out in the trumper backwoods!

12. #296 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Penderyn View Post
    As you know, OwlWoman, I too did my bit in the classroom, where we all talk that way sometimes. The kids can have their good moments too, but they have a lot to learn, which is why education. I wish they had proper schools out in the trumper backwoods!
    You left wingers aren't worried about educating anyone. You're more concerned that the tender feelings of the snowflakes don't get hurt. Those of us that are concerned that the next generation is educated have been trying to fight your nonsense for years.

13. #297 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,628 Times in 11,618 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog View Post
    Another White Millenial male????

BTW, not that you care but ...

"Baltimore hits 300 homicides for fifth year in a row

BALTIMORE SUN |
    NOV 14, 2019

https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/cr...rh4-story.html
    Ever notice the majority of shootings be it mass, drive by, or gang seem to happen in blue states and cities? Food for thought.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eagle_Eye For This Post:

Bigdog (11-21-2019), Into the Night (11-21-2019)

15. #298 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,129 Times in 11,701 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,352 Posts
    Blog Entries

The ban had no measurable effect on anything, just like every other such law.

Here I must disagree. The creation of 'gun free' zones has definitely had an effect (and not a good one!).

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Into the Night For This Post:

USFREEDOM911 (11-22-2019)

17. #299 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

He could have come to school with a can of gasoline and a book of matches and done even more damage.

That one happened at my high school. Lost the entire library. He stood there and watched it burn when they came and hauled him away.

18. #300 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I got a few ass whoopings for doing stupid shit when I was a kid, especially when I got suspended from school in 3rd. grade. Never had my "wheels" taken away though. I had to buy my own car and pay my own insurance. I bought a '71 Mustang MACH I just before my 17th. birthday.
    Bet you had fun with that car!