Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: SCHOOL SHOOTING, multiple victims-CA (doesn't even warrant 'honorable' mention here?)

1. #271 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 1,484 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 611 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Penderyn View Post
    Children, in my experience, are, en masse, ghastly people, and obviously to allow them guns is madness. Your national madness in this respect makes it much, much worse. I often wonder if schools are really worth having, except as a way to realise that our delusions about humanity don't alter the dreadful facts. I was a good fighter with my fists, but the thought of murdering other children is really dreadful.
    There are legal age restrictions on the purchase of firearms. Those restrictions didn't exist when I was in school and such shootings were very rare.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RINO is the term for that rare Republican who puts country above party.

Right wing = lie, lie, and lie some more.

"When I am president I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to play golf" Donald J. Trump, world class snake oil salesman and compulsive golfer August 2016

The definition of "racist" as "anyone who is white" is itself racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Powell
    It’s now ‘me the president’ instead of ‘we the people’

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rjhenn For This Post:

Into the Night (11-21-2019)

3. #272 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Sorry, didn't see your post. I recall the laws about mail ordering firearms changed after JFK's assassination; apparently Oswald got his weapon that way.

We had a ban on assault style weapons. And few mass murders. Then it expired. As did more human beings by these lethal WMDs.

https://www.npr.org/2019/08/13/75065...-did-it-expire
    The ban had no measurable effect on anything, just like every other such law.

"When I am president I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to play golf" Donald J. Trump, world class snake oil salesman and compulsive golfer August 2016

4. #273 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf_Twitler View Post
    These kids were just 14 years old- in other words- very young teenagers. Obviously, the shooting was over a lover-scorned- even at such a young age, the shooter wanted to kill his love, his competition, and take his own life.

HERE IS THE PROBLEM: The young shooter had access to an ACP! This is something that could have been prevented.
    He could have come to school with a can of gasoline and a book of matches and done even more damage.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to rjhenn For This Post:

Sailor (11-20-2019)

6. #274 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

These kids were just 14 years old- in other words- very young teenagers. Obviously, the shooting was over a lover-scorned- even at such a young age, the shooter wanted to kill his love, his competition, and take his own life.

HERE IS THE PROBLEM: The young shooter had access to an ACP! This is something that could have been prevented.
    Like pass ANOTHER law?

7. #275 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 603 Times in 570 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    Like pass ANOTHER law?
    NO DUDE!

JUST DO AWAY WITH LAWS-

SINCE laws don't have any affect on anything- and are rendered useless and all- ACCORDING TO YOUR MENTALITY!

Let's do away with the assault law- AND MAYBE SOMEONE MIGHT WALK UP AND KNOCK THE FUCK OUT OF YOU FOR GENERAL PRINCIPLES! LOL!

8. #276 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

NO DUDE!

JUST DO AWAY WITH LAWS-

SINCE laws don't have any affect on anything- and are rendered useless and all- ACCORDING TO YOUR MENTALITY!

Let's do away with the assault law- AND MAYBE SOMEONE MIGHT WALK UP AND KNOCK THE FUCK OUT OF YOU FOR GENERAL PRINCIPLES! LOL!
    That is exactly what Democrats are doing.

9. #277 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

NO DUDE!

JUST DO AWAY WITH LAWS-

Are you saying just one more law will suddenly cause all the criminals to stop being criminals? According to your mentality, that's all it will take.

Why don't you walk and try to knock the fuck out of me. You won't like the result, I can promise you that, nigger.

10. #278 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

NO DUDE!

JUST DO AWAY WITH LAWS-

According to Einstein: "The definition of*insanity*is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.” Since there's never been a gun control law that has been demonstrated to have made things better, pushing for more gun control laws to make things better is insane at worst and nothing but wishful thinking at best. What we need to do is stop obsessing over the tool and focus on the behavior.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to rjhenn For This Post:

USFREEDOM911 (11-22-2019)

12. #279 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I just opened a[nother] campaign email, this one 'from' Pete Buttigieg, which states: "We must ban assault weapons and high-capacity magazines—weapons like the one I carried in Afghanistan." What a brazen, outright lie. No U.S. soldier has ever been issued an AR-15 or other so-called "assault weapon" as an infantry combat weapon. That sort of deliberate lie is what I would expect from Trump and is not the behavior of anyone whom I can respect or support.

13. #280 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,512 Times in 16,974 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

I had access to my father's gun collection when I was a kid. In fact, there were 46 guns hanging on my bedroom walls with the ammo in an unlocked dresser drawer since I started kindergarten.

Why didn't I go shoot anyone? Could it be I was taught that I shouldn't? Maybe parents should teach their kids a little respect for both others and firearms like I was. They also taught the hunter safety course in 6th. grade, but the anti-hunters bitched and moaned until they stopped teaching it in schools. As I've said before, we took our hi-powered rifles to school when we were in HS so we could go hunting afterwards, yet none of us went on a shooting spree. Why do think we didn't? We sure had the opportunity...
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

14. #281 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    I had access to my father's gun collection when I was a kid. In fact, there were 46 guns hanging on my bedroom walls with the ammo in an unlocked dresser drawer since I started kindergarten.

Why didn't I go shoot anyone? Could it be I was taught that I shouldn't? Maybe parents should teach their kids a little respect for both others and firearms like I was. They also taught the hunter safety course in 6th. grade, but the anti-hunters bitched and moaned until they stopped teaching it in schools. As I've said before, we took our hi-powered rifles to school when we were in HS so we could go hunting afterwards, yet none of us went on a shooting spree. Why do think we didn't? We sure had the opportunity...
    My town was so redneck back in the late 60's when I finished High School, we had rifle racks in our pickups and went around with loaded deer rifles and shotguns hanging from the rear window. So basically the High School parking lot was full of loaded weapons. No one ever shot anyone. I never even saw any horseplay with guns- from any student. We actually feared our dads back in those days, and didn't want him to beat our ass for doing something stupid- especially with a gun.

But, that was a different time. As students, we just seemed more like adults when it came to guns, automobiles, jobs, manners, and responsibilities back in those days. High schoolers today seem like little kids as compared to who we were back then as basically young adults.

Even in this story, look at these High School children that were in this little circle- they look like grade schoolers to me.

Little boy gets his feelings hurt in a puppy love, so he kills 2, maims others and shoots himself over kid stuff.

Sad- I still do not believe the kid should have had access to the ACP or any other weapon. Careless parents!

15. #282 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

My town was so redneck back in the late 60's when I finished High School, we had rifle racks in our pickups and went around with loaded deer rifles and shotguns hanging from the rear window. So basically the High School parking lot was full of loaded weapons. No one ever shot anyone. I never even saw any horseplay with guns- from any student. We actually feared our dads back in those days, and didn't want him to beat our ass for doing something stupid- especially with a gun.

But, that was a different time. As students, we just seemed more like adults when it came to guns, automobiles, jobs, manners, and responsibilities back in those days. High schoolers today seem like little kids as compared to who we were back then as basically young adults.

Even in this story, look at these High School children that were in this little circle- they look like grade schoolers to me.

Little boy gets his feelings hurt in a puppy love, so he kills 2, maims others and shoots himself over kid stuff.

Sad- I still do not believe the kid should have had access to the ACP or any other weapon. Careless parents!
    Doesn't your first paragraph pretty much suggest part of the solution rather than writing more useless laws?
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

16. #283 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by rjhenn View Post
    According to Einstein: "The definition of*insanity*is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.” Since there's never been a gun control law that has been demonstrated to have made things better, pushing for more gun control laws to make things better is insane at worst and nothing but wishful thinking at best. What we need to do is stop obsessing over the tool and focus on the behavior.

FOR FUCK'S SAKE DUDE! LOL

If I concentrated on the behaviors of some of you idiots here in this crazy ass Right Wing NUT FARM forum- I would not allow a single one of you Right Wing idiots to have even a slingshot- or a dull knife- MUCH LESS AN ACTUAL FIREARM!

Judging by the behaviors I've seen here in this forum, you douche bags would kill each other- or end up shooting yourselves in your own asses!

17. #284 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

FOR FUCK'S SAKE DUDE! LOL

If I concentrated on the behaviors of some of you idiots here in this crazy ass Right Wing NUT FARM forum- I would not allow a single one of you Right Wing idiots to have even a slingshot- or a dull knife- MUCH LESS AN ACTUAL FIREARM!

Judging by the behaviors I've seen here in this forum, you douche bags would kill each other- or end up shooting yourselves in your own asses!

I have a nice collection from black powder guns to actual military issued hi-powered rifles (and a 1911). You think I don't know how to use them?

18. #285 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    Doesn't your first paragraph pretty much suggest part of the solution rather than writing more useless laws?
    Not sure that parents today are raising their children right! Children don't fear their parents anymore!

Hell, my parents were not childbeaters- but they could sure sock the sanctions on us!

I'd had much rather they beat me- than take my wheels away!