Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump Cares More About Fantasy Biden Investigations Than Ukraine.

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Trump Cares More About Fantasy Biden Investigations Than Ukraine.

The President is SO selfish!

Trump Cared More About 'Investigations' Than Ukraine, Impeachment Witness Says

"(Reuters) - A witness testified at Wednesday’s first public impeachment hearing that President Donald Trump seemed to care more about his own political interests than about Ukraine’s welfare as the U.S. leader assessed ties with that country.

Asked about the incident by U.S. House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff on Wednesday, Taylor said Sondland told the staffer Trump was most focused on probes into Biden, the former vice president, and Hunter Biden.

“I take it that the import of that is he (Trump) cares more about that (the investigations) than he does about Ukraine?” Schiff asked.

“Yes, sir,” Taylor replied. "

Trump's political situation is more important to him than the whole country of Ukraine, an ally fighting for freedom and self-rule, freedom from Russian tentacles.

Trump would give up the country of Ukraine to the Russians in a heartbeat in order to get the dirt he sought on a political rival.

This means Trump would compromise the interests of the United States in return for more power.

Trump is serving himself, not the USA. He needs to go.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (11-14-2019)

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (11-15-2019), ThatOwlWoman (11-21-2019), Trumpet (11-14-2019)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,511 Times in 4,834 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,798 Times in 1,605 Posts
    Blog Entries

I heard it with my own ears.
    WK1 3/28-/4 _Cases 301k--Dead 18.1k Lethality 2.72%
    WK2 4/5-/13 _Cases 555k--Dead 22.1K Lethality 3.9%
    WK3 4/20-/21 Cases 774k -Dead 37.2K Lethality 4.8%
    WK4 4/22-/29 Cases 1M --Dead 58.8K Lethality 5.9%
    WK5 5/1-/8__ Cases 1.3M -Dead 75.7K Lethality 6.1%
    WK6 5/9-16__Cases 1.4M --Dead 85.8K Lethality 6.1%
    WK7 5/17-24_Cases 1.7M - Dead 97.6K Lethality 5.9%
    WK8 5/28 Cases 1.7M - DEAD 101.2K - Same

5. The Following User Groans At Centerleftfl For This Awful Post:

Earl (11-14-2019)

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Centerleftfl For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (11-15-2019), PoliTalker (11-14-2019), Trumpet (11-14-2019)

7. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

“I take it that the import of that is he (Trump) cares more about that (the investigations) than he does about Ukraine?” Schiff asked.

“Yes, sir,” Taylor replied. "
    stupid shit.
    Trump is selling lethal defensive weapons to Kyiv that Obama never would do. I think that's a bad idea
    but according to the warpigs that's good

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Earl (11-14-2019)

9. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Trump's political situation is more important to him than the whole country of Ukraine, an ally fighting for freedom and self-rule, freedom from Russian tentacles.

Trump would give up the country of Ukraine to the Russians in a heartbeat in order to get the dirt he sought on a political rival.
    Ukraine is a civil war - Russia wants to de-federate Donbas from Kyiv -not occupy any Uk territory

10. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello dukkha,

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    stupid shit.
    Trump is selling lethal defensive weapons to Kyiv that Obama never would do. I think that's a bad idea
    The weapons are not being used in the fighting. They are meant as a deterrent to more aggression, an attempt to chill the fighting. It has worked. There is a cease-fire and a pull-back.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

11. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (11-14-2019)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Trumpet (11-14-2019)

13. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

This isn’t a fantasy.

Opinion: Day 1 of the Trump impeachment hearing was a lost day for Democrats

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam B. Schiff (D-Burbank) and ranking Republican Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Tulare), during the first public impeachment hearings.
    House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam B. Schiff (D-Burbank), left, and ranking Republican Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Tulare) during Wednesday’s first public hearing in the impeachment inquiry into President Trump.(Saul Loeb / AFP/Getty Images)
    By SCOTT JENNINGS
    NOV. 13, 2019 2:10 PM
    Day 1 of the public House impeachment hearings on President Trump is in the books, and nothing that happened will move public opinion in a meaningful way. The folks who have wanted to impeach Trump since he won the presidency still do, and the folks who don’t still don’t.

In other words, it’s a lost day for Democrats.

The burden of proof is on Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-San Francisco) and House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam B. Schiff (D-Burbank) to do more than secure impeachment, which is all but certain. Their job is to conduct these hearings in a way that moves public opinion to the point that the Senate will convict the president. That means giving Republican senators something that changes their impression of Trump’s conduct of Ukraine foreign policy. What’s alleged may make many members of the GOP uncomfortable, but it doesn’t come remotely close to requiring that the president be removed from office.

The opening-day witnesses — diplomatic officials Bill Taylor and George Kent — testified professionally and with honor, but they failed to deliver a made-for-TV gotcha. Rather, they simply reiterated that they had no firsthand knowledge of the president’s interactions and had not had conversations with the president directly.“
    LA Times

LA Times...gasp!

14. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Trump fans would be happy if Trump just served Ukraine up on a silver platter to Putin.

It's hard to figure why Trump fans are so enamored with Putin and want to give him the world.

15. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (11-14-2019)

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (11-15-2019), Trumpet (11-14-2019)

17. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello dukkha,

The weapons are not being used in the fighting.
    pending training on Javelin. but the lethal aid is more then those

18. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

Trump fans would be happy if Trump just served Ukraine up on a silver platter to Putin.

It's hard to figure why Trump fans are so enamored with Putin and want to give him the world.
    So, you are now speaking for Trump fans, Snowflake.

19. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

complete horseshit.
    FFS we are even in the Black Sea to protect maritime around the Kerch Strait

20. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The Defense Department’s tranche was set to include sniper rifles, rocket-propelled grenade launchers, counter-artillery radars, electronic warfare detection and secure communications, night vision equipment, and military medical supplies and treatment. The department previously included counter-sniper equipment, Humvees and tactical drones as well.

The State Department funding included $115 million for a broad array of purposes, to buy American-produced weapons through the Foreign Military Financing program, but also to provide advisers and training to boost Ukraine’s NATO interoperability: English language labs, medical equipment and improvised bomb simulators. The funds could also pay for spare parts, sustainment and training for previously purchased U.S. gear.
    https://www.defensenews.com/congress...trump-delayed/

21. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

PoliTalker (11-14-2019)

22. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

I'll say what your civility code prevents you from saying, that they are all stupid fucking traitor fascist jerks and they should all be dead, like yesterday.
    Thankfully given the demo, they are dying off rapidly. No amount of cheating can save them from the moderate reclamation of total power for centuries.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

Trumpet (11-14-2019)

24. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    I'll say what your civility code prevents you from saying, ...
    Hello Micawber,

I would not say such things regardless of my code. I do not share that sentiment.

Freedom means freedom for everybody. We have to protect that concept.

Remember Voltaire? Essentially, he said: 'I may not agree with you, but I defend to the death your right to express yourself?'

I think a lot of people today have missed that lesson.

We are never going to have a country without conservatives. That is something we have to accept. To even fantasize that any sort of peace could be found after an attempt to eradicate those of opposing views is futile.

It makes no more sense than conservatives who despise Islam and wish to eradicate the entire Muslim religion.

Even if all the living individuals of an objectionable group could possibly be eliminated, the concept and writings would still remain. New people would read them and embrace them. It would all come back and start up all over again.

The struggle is not one of body counts. It is for attitudes. Hearts and minds.

Logic. Knowledge. Communication. Those are the tools to work on improvement.

The goal is understanding.

Having various attitudes is a strength, not a weakness.

When we allow and embrace diversity, we give ourselves the gift of viewing concepts through many sets of eyes. That way, when we reach a compromise on policy, we know that we have not overlooked any viable consideration. If we were to block out certain voices, certain concerns, we have failed to consider all the possibilities.

Failure to properly consider real possibilities is a recipe for disaster.

Diversity makes America great. Exclusivity does not.

There is a beauty in freedom. That beauty might be a bit messy at times, but that is totally part of it. Freedom is meaningless without it.

25. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    stupid shit.
    who knew JPP leftists were neocons who love war

they are sad John Bolton didn't get his way and convince Trump to bomb Iran

26. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

The Trump years will leave a deep wound to our democratic way of life and our standing in the world, that will take many years to heal. When dealing with sociopathic Trump and his intellectually deficient base, this is what can be expected.