Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: U.S. not interested in Peace for Ukraine's Donbass

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bull Durham View Post
    There's nothing wrong with evil people being killed. I know that you prefer seeing good people killed, but, that's your problem.
    drivel.
    "good and bad' = dangerous simplistic horseshit. your characterization of the people of DPR and LPR as evil is stupid

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    drivel.
    "good and bad' = dangerous simplistic horseshit. your characterization of the people of DPR and LPR as evil is stupid
    Can we at least agree that FDR was good and that Hitler was bad?

I would have gone with Churchill, but, not everyone loves the Dresden bombing as much as I do.

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Can we at least agree that FDR was good and that Hitler was bad?
    your problem is the constant black and white look at what is a muddled situation.

Your hatred of the South, Germans and da Russians makes agreeing with you on anything impossible
    FDR =good
    Hitler = bad
    sure. fine. one of the few times the world really was a choice between black and white

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The final condition that has been an obstacle for holding the Normandy Four summit (Russia, Ukraine, Germany and France) where the Russian and Ukrainian leaders, Vladimir Putin and Vladimir Zelensky, were supposed to meet for the first time, was fulfilled on Tuesday.
    The parties to the conflict in Donbass successfully disengaged their forces at the last pilot area near the Petrovskoye village.
    Kiev welcomed the news while Moscow made rather reserved comments. Both Russia and Ukraine expressed willingness to meet as part of the Normandy Four group.

Director of the Russian Center for Current Politics Alexei Chesnakov, who is close to Russian Presidential Aide in charge of Ukraine policy Vladislav Surkov, told Kommersant that Moscow’s conditions for holding the summit have been fully met. However, the issue of preparations for the summit has turned into "a tool of political struggle in Ukraine," he noted. Zelensky often comes under fire over his desire to arrange this meeting as soon as possible, the expert explained.
    Although the summit could give important signals about the leaders’ position, it’s difficult to predict noticeable progress on the political track as there are serious obstacles in Ukraine for reaching an effective and swift solution to the conflict. Another expert and senior lecturer at the Russian State University for the Humanities, Alexander Gushchin, believes that the Normandy Four summit could only yield results if the Ukrainian leader brought a plan that would satisfy Moscow.

Russian diplomatic sources told Izvestia that the Normandy Four summit could be held by the end of this year. According to Kremlin Spokesman Dmitry Peskov, the preparations for the meeting are underway and the Russian, Ukrainian, French and German presidential aides have been working on tentative agreements. However, Moscow does not believe there is any need to hold separate talks between the Russian and Ukrainian leaders until Kiev outlines its approaches in relations with Russia.
    https://inforos.ru/en/?module=news&a...view&id=100883

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

your problem is the constant black and white look at what is a muddled situation.

Your hatred of the South, Germans and da Russians makes agreeing with you on anything impossible
    sure. fine. one of the few times the world really was a choice between black and white
    I don't actually hate the Russians, aside from Putin-on-the-Ritz himself. I just recognize them as the great adversary that they are.

But, yeah, fuck the South and Doucheland.

6. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I don't actually hate the Russians, aside from Putin-on-the-Ritz himself. I just recognize them as the great adversary that they are.
    Putin acts in Russia's best interest. he's a nationalist.

The problem is your zero sum mindset, which is counterproductive as all it does is drive Russia and China closer and closer. US policy was the Nixon's China card for 40 years -all gone thanks to our meddling in the Euromaidan

But, yeah, fuck the South and Doucheland.
    parochial stupidity of the worse kind.
    Considering how fucked up Washington State and Oregon and CA are, i'd not be hating anyone if I lived near that fiasco

7. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Earl (11-14-2019)

8. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Putin acts in Russia's best interest. he's a nationalist.

The problem is your zero sum mindset, which is counterproductive as all it does is drive Russia and China closer and closer. US policy was the Nixon's China card for 40 years -all gone thanks to our meddling in the Euromaidan

parochial stupidity of the worse kind.
    Considering how fucked up Washington State and Oregon and CA are, i'd not be hating anyone if I lived near that fiasco
    Seattle will burn itself to the ground, and then things will be better. California has a larger systematic problem than just one city, but, it will be fun to watch SF do the same thing.

Yeltsin > Putin

9. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Seattle will burn itself to the ground, and then things will be better. California has a larger systematic problem than just one city, but, it will be fun to watch SF do the same thing.

Yeltsin > Putin
    apocalyptic politics ? lol

Yeltsin > Putin
    uh huh. Yeltsin the Drunk is greater then Peter the Great redux ?

10. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,686 Times in 17,937 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

What do you call a Ukrainian who immigrates to America?
    We call a Ukrainian who EMIGRATES to America, an American of Ukrainian descent.

11. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

I’m a political geek and the Donbass thing confuses the piss out of me lol.

I can only imagine how [or even if] the average voter thinks about it. But the average voter knows all about what’s going on mere miles of our own southern border—8000 miles away from Ukraine and Donbass.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

12. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    I’m a political geek and the Donbass thing confuses the piss out of me lol.

I can only imagine how [or even if] the average voter thinks about it. But the average voter knows all about what’s going on mere miles of our own southern border—8000 miles away from Ukraine and Donbass.
    It's a civil war inside Ukraine eastern provinces (Donbass is a name of contraction of provinces).

After Crimea the majority Russian population wanted autonomy, since with Crimea gone from Uk. the western factions loyal to Kyiv virtually shut them out of representation ( the combination blocks of then Crimea and eastern provinces.

Russia denies sending troops, but there are Russian irregulars ( retired military etc.) and Russian weapons clearly from Russia itself fighting there.

Naturally we HAVE TO GET INTO YET ANOTHER FOREIGN CIVIL WAR -and ESCALATE it. Trump just sorta got sucked in since the whole "Russian collusion" crappola did not allow him to make his own Russian policy

13. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,978 Times in 32,293 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

What do you call a Ukrainian who immigrates to America?
    you can't call him anything if he's a whistleblower.......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Darth Omar (11-14-2019), dukkha (11-14-2019)

15. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

It's a civil war inside Ukraine eastern provinces (Donbass is a name of contraction of provinces).

After Crimea the majority Russian population wanted autonomy, since with Crimea gone from Uk. the western factions loyal to Kyiv virtually shut them out of representation ( the combination blocks of then Crimea and eastern provinces.

Russia denies sending troops, but there are Russian irregulars ( retired military etc.) and Russian weapons clearly from Russia itself fighting there.

Naturally we HAVE TO GET INTO YET ANOTHER FOREIGN CIVIL WAR -and ESCALATE it. Trump just sorta got sucked in since the whole "Russian collusion" crappola did not allow him to make his own Russian policy
    I get the rough draft but the details put me to sleep lol.

I expect it’s a matter of priorities to millions of voters. Don’t we have enough on our plate without getting mixed up with Donbass?

Sometimes I think having common sense is a liability in today’s world.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

16. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    I get the rough draft but the details put me to sleep lol.

I expect it’s a matter of priorities to millions of voters. Don’t we have enough on our plate without getting mixed up with Donbass?

Sometimes I think having common sense is a liability in today’s world.
    Remember I mentioned dealing with Ukraine is a tedious, corrupt, internecine, hot mess with only truthiness at best

Don’t we have enough on our plate without getting mixed up with Donbass?
    Deep State creeps ( an I include these 2 bureaucrats) won't let us let it go.

Add in the typical "Russian threat" -and we are essentially right back to Russian collusion in terms of being able to( not) manage US/Russian relations

17. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

It's not our problem you don't care that your president was caught red handed attempting to bribe a foreign government to attack
    Biden using my taxes. It's yours. Nice potus you elected, dumbass. You are going to pay for your stupidity.