Thread: Democrats: searching for a narrative

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Default Democrats: searching for a narrative

Pelosi said she had asked Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff of California, who is overseeing the impeachment proceedings, to provide Democrats with “a narrative at the end about a summation of what happened there.”

She warned Democrats to “not to get distracted” if Republicans disrupt the hearings. “The press will say, ‘What do you think of the Republicans doing this?’ They don’t think so I don’t think about what they think, but I do think that we need to have a common narrative.”

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...mpression=true

Ya think lol?

It’s late in the game to be searching for a narrative—you’re not in the basement anymore, the whole country is tuned in now.

I almost feel bad for Schiff: Nancy laid the responsibility of ‘the narrative’ right at his feet. But the narrative business is what makes this impeachment effort [it’s not even an actual impeachment yet] different from the Clinton or Nixon impeachment’s.

In both prior instances it was cut and dry: Nixon was caught dead to rights covering up a petty crime; and Clinton clearly lied about petty sex with a WH intern. Regardless of whether either were worthy of impeachment, both were easily assimilated by voters—and congress responded accordingly.

In contrast, Democrats are trying to construct a complex narrative built almost exclusively on hearsay—and they have yet to settle on what that narrative is. And they expect voters to follow along?

I’m not a democrat but if I was I’d say ‘please, just stop’. Quit while your ahead. Cut your loses. Say what you have to in order to get out of it.

After yesterday, I’m inclined to think they will. But I don’t know democrats anymore.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

dukkha (11-13-2019), Earl (11-14-2019), PostmodernProphet (11-14-2019)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,567 Times in 17,094 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Pelosi wanted that so people like you could understand it. Trump was doing terrible and wrong things since he lucked into office. He does not know the job and asking for interference in the next election is not just wrong, but illegal. He has not learned from the illegal help he got from Russia. He thought that worked out for me, let's do it again. He has Rudy working on it. He had Sondland working on it.
    He was cheating and lying as he does.
    Trump should resign and cut his losses and avoid the law.

4. The Following User Groans At Nordberg For This Awful Post:

Earl (11-14-2019)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (11-14-2019)

6. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Pelosi wanted that so people like you could understand it. Trump was doing terrible and wrong things since he lucked into office. He does not know the job and asking for interference in the next election is not just wrong, but illegal. He has not learned from the illegal help he got from Russia. He thought that worked out for me, let's do it again. He has Rudy working on it. He had Sondland working on it.
    The fact it ‘needs understanding’ is precisely the problem for democrats.

Democrats didn’t need a complex narrative to impeach Nixon: they had the tapes. Clinton insulted voters intelligence on national television by claiming he didn’t have sex with that woman—notably, they forgave him at the polls for it.

Presently, Democrats are claiming Trump was squeezing Zelensky for campaign dirt on Biden. But instead of tapes there’s a transcript ‘that doesn’t exactly say that’. In fact, the campaign wasn’t mentioned at all. So democrats are forced to ask voters to read something impeachable into the transcript—that simply isn’t there.

Worse yet, there’s a small army of complicating factors: people are apt to think ‘well, the thing with Biden’s son sure looks suspicious so why shouldn’t Trump ask Zelensky to look into it?’ Democrats don’t have a coherent answer for that.

And again, ‘well, if Trump seemed a little anxious to get Zelensky on board, so what? That Biden is hiding something and Trump is anxious to find it hardly adds up to Impeachment’.

That democrats and the media are partnering to ‘not leak’ about the WB is *comically* unlike democrats and the media who would happily dox a white minor who did little more than smirk at a crank in public—while wearing a MAGA hat.

That’s literally laughable.

When Democrats went after Nixon, it wasn’t straight on the heels [mere weeks] of a previous failed attempt to go after him. It’s very easy for reasonable people to get the idea that democrats would grasp at anything to impeach Trump with so you can’t blame them for being skeptical.

No, they SHOULD be skeptical of it.

And on and on. This clearly ISN’T the early 70’s or 90’s. Not by a mile.
    Last edited by Darth Omar; 11-14-2019 at 05:47 AM.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Earl (11-14-2019)

8. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Post the part of the US Code where a law was broken.

The Democrat impeachment clown show is crumbling under the weight of the transcript.

Even the. Uber-left LA Times agrees.

OPINION
    “Opinion: Day 1 of the Trump impeachment hearing was a lost day for Democrats

“Day 1 of the public House impeachment hearings on President Trump is in the books, and nothing that happened will move public opinion in a meaningful way. The folks who have wanted to impeach Trump since he won the presidency still do, and the folks who don’t still don’t.

In other words, it’s a lost day for Democrats.

The burden of proof is on Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-San Francisco) and House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam B. Schiff (D-Burbank) to do more than secure impeachment, which is all but certain. Their job is to conduct these hearings in a way that moves public opinion to the point that the Senate will convict the president. That means giving Republican senators something that changes their impression of Trump’s conduct of Ukraine foreign policy. What’s alleged may make many members of the GOP uncomfortable, but it doesn’t come remotely close to requiring that the president be removed from office.

The opening-day witnesses — diplomatic officials Bill Taylor and George Kent — testified professionally and with honor, but they failed to deliver a made-for-TV gotcha. Rather, they simply reiterated that they had no firsthand knowledge of the president’s interactions and had not had conversations with the president directly.“
    LA Times

LA Times...gasp!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

Darth Omar (11-14-2019)

10. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    Post the part of the US Code where a law was broken.

The Democrat impeachment clown show is crumbling under the weight of the transcript.

Even the. Uber-left LA Times agrees.

OPINION
    “Opinion: Day 1 of the Trump impeachment hearing was a lost day for Democrats

“Day 1 of the public House impeachment hearings on President Trump is in the books, and nothing that happened will move public opinion in a meaningful way. The folks who have wanted to impeach Trump since he won the presidency still do, and the folks who don’t still don’t.

In other words, it’s a lost day for Democrats.

The burden of proof is on Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-San Francisco) and House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam B. Schiff (D-Burbank) to do more than secure impeachment, which is all but certain. Their job is to conduct these hearings in a way that moves public opinion to the point that the Senate will convict the president. That means giving Republican senators something that changes their impression of Trump’s conduct of Ukraine foreign policy. What’s alleged may make many members of the GOP uncomfortable, but it doesn’t come remotely close to requiring that the president be removed from office.

The opening-day witnesses — diplomatic officials Bill Taylor and George Kent — testified professionally and with honor, but they failed to deliver a made-for-TV gotcha. Rather, they simply reiterated that they had no firsthand knowledge of the president’s interactions and had not had conversations with the president directly.“
    LA Times

LA Times...gasp!
    That democrats had a bad Opening Day is, yet another, Stop Sign.

People’s impression of things are often based on the first impression and all that. So Pelosi is faced with an uphill battle after yesterday.

I have to believe she is hearing from some of her caucus. Yes, a vote in the House for impeachment is a slam dunk—but is it prudent, politically?

Some people are convinced that vote is a given—I’m not one of them.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Earl (11-14-2019)

12. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

The entire democrat party narrative can be summed up thusly

ORANGE MAN BAD

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to canceled.2021.2 For This Post:

Earl (11-14-2019), PostmodernProphet (11-14-2019)

14. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

It's not our problem you don't care that your president was caught red handed attempting to bribe a foreign government to attack
    Biden using my taxes. It's yours. Nice potus you elected, dumbass. You are going to pay for your stupidity.

15. The Following User Groans At Micawber For This Awful Post:

Earl (11-14-2019)

16. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,769 Times in 33,632 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    That democrats had a bad Opening Day is, yet another, Stop Sign.

People’s impression of things are often based on the first impression and all that. So Pelosi is faced with an uphill battle after yesterday.

I have to believe she is hearing from some of her caucus. Yes, a vote in the House for impeachment is a slam dunk—but is it prudent, politically?

Some people are convinced that vote is a given—I’m not one of them.
    Lol, I smell desperation. We know the Republicans will turn a blind eye to this corruption, it’s very sad what our country is becoming, where a President can now use his office for personal gain. I hope you enjoy the new precedent you are allowing.

17. The Following User Groans At Phantasmal For This Awful Post:

Earl (11-14-2019)

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Micawber (11-14-2019), ThatOwlWoman (11-14-2019)

19. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,524 Times in 52,741 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Lol, I smell desperation. We know the Republicans will turn a blind eye to this corruption, it’s very sad what our country is becoming, where a a President can now use his office for personal gain. I hope you enjoy the new precedent you are allowing.
    Wait till the other side uses the same tactics... we better buy stock in an earplug factory. lol

I think the Reichwing forgets that there would be no impeachment hearings if the Toadstool hadn't broken the laws of this country.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

20. The Following User Groans At ThatOwlWoman For This Awful Post:

Earl (11-14-2019)

21. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Micawber (11-14-2019)

22. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

Lol, I smell desperation. We know the Republicans will turn a blind eye to this corruption, it’s very sad what our country is becoming, where a President can now use his office for personal gain. I hope you enjoy the new precedent you are allowing.
    “ Hannity: Shut this down!”
    “Hannity dubbed day one "THE WORST SHOW ON EARTH." He said the Democrats are "a national disgrace." He said they are guilty of "an abuse of their power." (This is a classic case of "I know you are but what am I," flipping the charge against Trump back on his accusers.)
    The Democrats are "corrupt idiots" who look "dumb, bad, stupid, and shallow" after Wednesday's "sham hearing," he said. House Intelligence Committee chair Adam Schiff? A "congenital liar." Wednesday's witnesses? Just "self-important, uncompelling" bureaucrats. The hearing was so bad, Hannity said, that "I'm not so sure" that all the House Democrats will vote for impeachment. "It was that bad a day for them."
    But even though the day was "a disaster for Democrats," and "the Republicans had a great day all the way around," Hannity said "this circus, this sham, this charade" should be "shut down immediately" for "the sake of the country."
    As for Hannity's guests, well, Mark Levin called Schiff "an incompetent left-wing boob" and likened the witnesses to "two homeless guys." Donald Trump Jr. said "everything was hearsay" from "career government bureaucrats." Steve Scalise said "a lot" of Democrats are worried about impeachment backfiring. Which brings me to the 10 p.m. hour...”
    CNN Business

23. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Yep, Owl, that's why their cynicism doesn't solve their problem. Go ahead, rightard scum, and assume bad motives and that Dems really don't care about integrity
    of elections and abuse of office, it still doesn't change the fact that Trump provided the rope for us to hang him. You people are dumb and so you elected
    someone as dumb as you.

24. The Following User Groans At Micawber For This Awful Post:

Earl (11-14-2019)

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (11-14-2019)

26. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,524 Times in 52,741 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

"Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

27. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

This hearsay-based impeachment inquiry stuff is a precedent democrats may rue one day. You realize that’s literally how they ran the Inquisition, right?

But I’ll play along. So House Democrats Impeach Trump. What do they hope to gain by doing that?