Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: All he knows is hearsay, why would the whistleblower...

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 179 Times in 168 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle-Eye View Post
    In the military we have hot lines to report fraud waste and abuse. I fully support the reporting of wrong doing. However at some point the accused has the right to confront his/her accuser. Thus far as far as I can tell Schiff hasn't allowed any Republican to question the accuser.
    Do you think Trump will come in front of the house under oath to confront the accuser?

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,628 Times in 11,618 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by John Barron View Post
    Do you think Trump will come in front of the house under oath to confront the accuser?
    How is that confronting his accuser? If I'm not mistaken the accused attorneys do the confronting for him in a court of law.
    The whistleblower needs to be confronted by Trumps attorneys in a closed door session to keep his identity secret. No pressure of being outed to the public.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eagle_Eye For This Post:

Earl (11-14-2019), Truth Detector (11-14-2019)

4. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 179 Times in 168 Posts

How is that confronting his accuser? If I'm not mistaken the accused attorneys do the confronting for him in a court of law.
    The whistleblower needs to be confronted by Trumps attorneys in a closed door session to keep his identity secret. No pressure of being outed to the public.
    They can confront the WB lawyers then.

5. The Following User Groans At John Barron For This Awful Post:

Earl (11-14-2019)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to John Barron For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (11-13-2019)

7. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Getin the ring View Post
    the whistleblower is going to have to publically testify sooner or later, you do know that right?

kicking and screaming or otherwise, schifty is on record saying he doesn't know who he is... that's going to hurt when we find out that's a lie huh?
    There has been plenty of quality witnesses who have corroborated the whistleblower's account, so what's the point in going after the whistleblower??????? Going after the whistleblower is merely an attempted distraction from the impeachment hearing, because the GOP have got nothing else to offer.

8. The Following User Groans At Trumpet For This Awful Post:

Earl (11-14-2019)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Trumpet For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (11-13-2019)

10. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,416 Times in 53,286 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

In the military we have hot lines to report fraud waste and abuse. I fully support the reporting of wrong doing. However at some point the accused has the right to confront his/her accuser. Thus far as far as I can tell Schiff hasn't allowed any Republican to question the accuser. Let alone the accused.

As you know I'm not a fan of Trump, but this whole thing reeks of a kangaroo court.
    It's not court, and there are no accusers, only witnesses. The WB's report at this point is moot. Witnesses are coming forward -- some of whom were directly involved -- to verify that what the WB reported is the truth. 45 asked for Ukraine to investigate a political rival in exchange for already-approved military aid. Aid that Cheeto withheld pending a Ukrainian investigation of the Bidens. Why do you think he wanted Zelensky to make a public announcement of such an investigation? Do you think that such an announcement might have cast doubt in voters' minds about Biden -- even if it came up empty? Hell, you ppl are trying to claim that Biden's kid was engaging in suspicious and probably corrupt activities -- with absolutely ZERO evidence. What do you think would happen if the Ukrainians had announced an actual investigation?
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

11. The Following User Groans At ThatOwlWoman For This Awful Post:

Earl (11-14-2019)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

christiefan915 (11-14-2019)

13. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

There is no purpose to be served by confronting the original whistleblower. As you guys all screeched about a few weeks ago -- hearsay. What's to be gained by questioning him? The names of the employees who told him what they heard? So those ppl can be retaliated against? They have no WB protection; they could be fired.

And that's why the Toadstool wants the WB confronted. He wants to root out all the "disloyalty." That's what the rest of us call patriotism.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

14. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    There is no purpose to be served by confronting the original whistleblower. As you guys all screeched about a few weeks ago -- hearsay. What's to be gained by questioning him? The names of the employees who told him what they heard? So those ppl can be retaliated against? They have no WB protection; they could be fired.

And that's why the Toadstool wants the WB confronted. He wants to root out all the "disloyalty." That's what the rest of us call patriotism.
    So far the star witnesses on day one's testimony was all hearsay not on one talked to the president directly. So they WB's hearsay testimony would mean nothing but the ambassador's hearsay testimony is the smoking gun. I don't think so laughing.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eagle_Eye For This Post:

Earl (11-14-2019), TOP (11-14-2019), Truth Detector (11-14-2019)

16. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

So far the star witnesses on day one's testimony was all hearsay not on one talked to the president directly. So they WB's hearsay testimony would mean nothing but the ambassador's hearsay testimony is the smoking gun. I don't think so laughing.
    What do you want to bet the (D)s have that aide lined up to testify? There would be no point in the ambassador mentioning the aide's account if they weren't planning to present the aide's testimony as well, eh? I'm sure Col. Vindman will also be testifying as to his first-hand knowledge of the phone call that he was on.

So what do you think about a POTUS using his private attorney as a pseudo-diplomat to visit other countries and seek dirt on his political rivals? It's sounding to me like you're just fine with this. Apparently it's also okay to offer/withhold U.S. taxpayer-funded and Congress-approved aid in order to get such dirt. I guess you'll be okay if a (D) does this too?

17. The Following User Groans At ThatOwlWoman For This Awful Post:

Earl (11-14-2019)

18. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

The whistleblower statute exists entirely for the purpose of preventing what Beagle cry suggests.

The whistleblower, for all we know, has testified already. Or may be on the list without his identity known.
    In any event destruction of his/her credibility doesn't accomplish anything for them, as the salient facts
    are already agreed upon beyond any attempt to augment. Nothing Pukes can do but make little silly lying denials about what flows from all
    the known fact.

Criminals. How they sleep nights knowing they turned coat on the USA for such a slug potus and Putin, I don't know,

19. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

What do you want to bet the (D)s have that aide lined up to testify? There would be no point in the ambassador mentioning the aide's account if they weren't planning to present the aide's testimony as well, eh? I'm sure Col. Vindman will also be testifying as to his first-hand knowledge of the phone call that he was on.

So what do you think about a POTUS using his private attorney as a pseudo-diplomat to visit other countries and seek dirt on his political rivals? It's sounding to me like you're just fine with this. Apparently it's also okay to offer/withhold U.S. taxpayer-funded and Congress-approved aid in order to get such dirt. I guess you'll be okay if a (D) does this too?
    So far this "inquiry" has been a joke. Oh I am sure the Dems have a whole parade of second hand knowledge. I am equally sure the R's have a few witnesses that will cast doubt but like all Washington comedy shows we will just have to sit back and enjoy the show. I will watch on and off depending on what is going on.

As I have told you and others I really don't care what the House does it's the Senate that counts.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Eagle_Eye For This Post:

Truth Detector (11-14-2019)

21. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,341 Times in 5,714 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 374 Times in 355 Posts

As I have told you and others I really don't care what the House does it's the Senate that counts.
    that's the funny part,

there is no end game here for the Democrats, and they know it
    This just In::: Trump indicted for living in liberals heads and not paying RENT

C̶N̶N̶ SNN.... Shithole News Network

Trump Is Coming back to a White House Near you

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Getin the ring For This Post:

Eagle_Eye (11-14-2019), Earl (11-14-2019), Truth Detector (11-14-2019)

23. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

So far this "inquiry" has been a joke. Oh I am sure the Dems have a whole parade of second hand knowledge. I am equally sure the R's have a few witnesses that will cast doubt but like all Washington comedy shows we will just have to sit back and enjoy the show. I will watch on and off depending on what is going on.

You still haven't answered what you think about a POTUS using his position to get dirt on political enemies.

24. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,666 Times in 16,592 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,435 Times in 1,357 Posts
    Blog Entries

that's the funny part,

there is no end game here for the Democrats, and they know it
    Very true (And Public opinion isn't going there way....Americans have no interest in this...)

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TOP For This Post:

Callinectes (11-14-2019), Earl (11-14-2019), Truth Detector (11-14-2019)

26. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,341 Times in 5,714 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 374 Times in 355 Posts

You still haven't answered what you think about a POTUS using his position to get dirt on political enemies.
    and you still havnt answered what "policy put forth by republicans promotes white at the expense of people of color"

so irrelevant comes to mind
    This just In::: Trump indicted for living in liberals heads and not paying RENT

C̶N̶N̶ SNN.... Shithole News Network

Trump Is Coming back to a White House Near you

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Getin the ring For This Post:

Earl (11-14-2019), TOP (11-14-2019), Truth Detector (11-14-2019)

28. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,666 Times in 16,592 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,435 Times in 1,357 Posts
    Blog Entries

and you still havnt answered what "policy put forth by republicans promotes white at the expense of people of color"

so irrelevant comes to mind
    Indeed