Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: All he knows is hearsay, why would the whistleblower...

1. #106 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,429 Times in 53,293 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    This is not a court or a criminal trial. A whistleblower is to bring forth possible wrongdoing, waste, etc. It then gets investigated. The whistleblower may have little or no role in this process. What more can we find out not already revealed by the transcript or testimony?

The only possible purpose would be to smear the person by claiming he is a Democrat or some other claim to give some negative media attention. He is not a witness in a criminal prosecution.
    I don't know why this very simple concept is so difficult for some to understand. He/she is NOT accusing Trump of anything; he/she merely reported troubling information. His/her relevance is now at an end. The *only* reason the RWers want the name revealed is for revenge, and to make sure that any future WBs are too fearful to speak up.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

christiefan915 (11-14-2019)

3. #107 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,977 Times in 32,292 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    All he knows is hearsay, why would the whistleblower testify?
    so we can make fun of the demmycunts who paid attention to him.......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Truth Detector (11-14-2019)

5. #108 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,245 Times in 2,336 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 162 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

[QUOTE=Jarod;3352248]
    Quote Originally Posted by Callinectes Ocasio-Cortez View Post

He will be “charged” in articles of impeachment for multiple impeachable offenses.
    Yeah, "impeachable offenses", because shifty determines what an "impeachable offense" is and how much evidence is required to prosecute it. Don't you think you should be on just a LITTLE firmer ground with this? Even pelosi said this would have to be bipartisan to mean anything, but you clowns seem to have forgotten all about her. I hope when the GOP takes back the house, they impeach the next jackass president for putting the toilet paper on the dispenser wrong

index5.jpg
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

6. #109 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 179 Times in 168 Posts

[QUOTE=Callinectes Ocasio-Cortez;3352677]

Yeah, "impeachable offenses", because shifty determines what an "impeachable offense" is and how much evidence is required to prosecute it. Don't you think you should be on just a LITTLE firmer ground with this? Even pelosi said this would have to be bipartisan to mean anything, but you clowns seem to have forgotten all about her. I hope when the GOP takes back the house, they impeach the next jackass president for putting the toilet paper on the dispenser wrong

index5.jpg
    Keep us posted.

7. #110 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

It was not a lie that the president asked Zelensky to investigate a political opponent.
    Yes it was; I have the transcript. Trump never asked Zelenskyy to investigate Biden. But I am all eyes if you can find it somewhere.

The claim that President Trump was just concerned about corruption is an unbelievable attempt to justify his actions.
    No; it is based on the actual transcript of the conversation. Read it sometime. Don't quote CNN talking points.

Whether it was a bribe or not is a matter to be determined.
    Who gets to determine that? Schiff? I read the transcript; there was no bribe. Zelenskyy himself states as much. Stop watching so much CNN.

What was the lie in the whistleblower report?
    Lie #1: I have received information from multiple U.S. Government officials that the President of the United States is using the power of his office to solicit interference from a foreign country in the 2020 U.S. election.

Lie #2: I am deeply concerned that the actions described below constitute "a serious or flagrant problem, abuse, or violation of law or Executive Order"

Lie #3: the President used the remainder of the call to advance his personal interests. Namely, he sought to pressure the Ukrainian leader to take actions to help the President's 2020 reelection bid.

Lie #4: I was told by White House officials that no other "cases" were discussed.

Lie #5: I learned from multiple U.S. officials that senior White House officials had intervened to "lock down" all records of the phone call, especially the official word-for-word transcript of the call that was produced-as is customary-by the White House Situation Room.

Lie #6: One White House official described this act as an abuse of this electronic system because the call did not contain anything remotely sensitive from a national security perspective.

Trump made the call, asked to have Biden investigated,
    There you go again with the outright lies. Post the part where Trump asked Zelenskyy to investigate Joe Biden.

and the money was withheld until after this became public. You may not think the president did anything wrong, but there is no lie in the whistleblower's report.
    I just exposed the lies. The additional lie is that the money was withheld as a condition of this phone call.

I know, you think Adam Schiff's lie filled version of the call was the factual version.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

8. #111 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    Because hearsay evidence can still be relevant evidence,
    What a pile of malarkey.

'Nobody Pushed Me.' Ukrainian President Denies Trump Pressured Him to Investigate Biden's Son

CASE CLOSED!
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.

9. #112 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatFOWLWoman View Post
    I don't know why this very simple concept is so difficult for some to understand. He/she is NOT accusing Trump of anything; he/she merely reported troubling information. His/her relevance is now at an end. The *only* reason the RWers want the name revealed is for revenge, and to make sure that any future WBs are too fearful to speak up.
    That is a LIE and it is LAME. If you had read the WB report, he is most certainly accusing the President of criminal behavior. Perhaps if you watched less of CNN and stopped buying Schiffs bullshit you wouldn't be such a profound, lying ignoramus?

10. #113 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,761 Times in 4,510 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 181 Posts

index5.jpg
    Each individual House member determines what they think an impeachable offense is and whether they think there is enough evidence to vote for impeachment.

11. #114 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

12. #115 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,904 Times in 21,666 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,696 Times in 5,198 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    Because hearsay evidence can still be relevant evidence, and the congress is not using the federal rules of evidence and there are so many exceptions it
    they nearly swallow the rule in any event.

non hearsay-party opponent
    past recollection recorded
    dying declaration
    public record
    business records
    excitedutterances
    etc etc
    If I remember correctly there are 19 exceptions in the Florida Rules. Some are very broad.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

13. #116 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,904 Times in 21,666 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,696 Times in 5,198 Posts
    Blog Entries

index5.jpg
    The Congress decides what is impeachable by a majority vote, not Schiff alone. Who do you think the Constitution says should decide?

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

14. #117 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,834 Times in 17,265 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,601 Times in 4,278 Posts

Is is both amusing and ridiculous to read this silly argument. The reason the hearings are not first hand is that Trump prohibited his administration and everybody else he could, from appearing.

15. #118 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,245 Times in 2,336 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 162 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

[QUOTE=Flash;3352805]

Each individual House member determines what they think an impeachable offense is and whether they think there is enough evidence to vote for impeachment.
    Bullshit, they get a menu to order off of called the articles of impeachment, no substitutions. And no item gets on or off that menu without the approval of chef Boy-R-U-A pencil neck. The absolute BEST outcome for the jackass party right now would be for pelosi to call each dem house member and order each one to vote so the final tally is close, but it's a vote not to impeach. If you're lucky, that may create the illusion that at least some of you have not completely gone bat shit crazy
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Callinectes For This Post:

Truth Detector (11-14-2019)

17. #119 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Yes it was; I have the transcript. Trump never asked Zelenskyy to investigate Biden. But I am all eyes if you can find it somewhere.
    "There's a lot of talk about Biden's son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great. Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if you can look into it ... It sounds horrible to me."

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Flash For This Post:

christiefan915 (11-14-2019)

19. #120 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

[QUOTE=Callinectes Ocasio-Cortez;3352915]

Bullshit, they get a menu to order off of called the articles of impeachment, no substitutions. And no item gets on or off that menu without the approval of chef Boy-R-U-A pencil neck. The absolute BEST outcome for the jackass party right now would be for pelosi to call each dem house member and order each one to vote so the final tally is close, but it's a vote not to impeach. If you're lucky, that may create the illusion that at least some of you have not completely gone bat shit crazy
    And each member decides whether each article is impeachable and/or whether there is enough evidence to support it and votes based on their own determination.