Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: The People's House Openly Examines Misconduct: Happy Trump Impeachment Hearings Day!!

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Nunes lays it on thick with the lies.

"Democrats have been trying to impeach Trump since the election"

Baloney.

SOME Democrats have. Schiff has resisted, for years, UNTIL THIS COMPELLING EVIDENCE CAME FORWARD.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (11-15-2019)

3. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,429 Times in 53,293 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    "LINDSEY GRAHAM IS REFUSING TO WATCH 'UN-AMERICAN' IMPEACHMENT HEARINGS: 'THIS IS A BUNCH OF GARBAGE' "
    https://www.newsweek.com/impeachment...mp-fox-1471378
    Because that whole "If I don't see it, it's not happening" charade has always worked so well in the past.

"Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

4. The Following User Groans At ThatOwlWoman For This Awful Post:

Earl (11-15-2019)

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Jack (11-15-2019), John Barron (11-15-2019), PoliTalker (11-15-2019)

6. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,686 Times in 17,937 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

U.S. envoy Sondland did not link Biden probe to aid: Ukraine minister

KIEV (Reuters) - Ukraine’s Foreign Minister Vadym Prystaiko said on Thursday that U.S. ambassador Gordon Sondland did not explicitly link military aid to Kiev with opening an investigation into former Vice President Joe Biden and his son, Interfax Ukraine reported.

Trump and his allies are accused by Democrat opponents of freezing nearly $400 million in security aid to Ukraine to pressure President Volodymyr Zelenskiy to open investigations into Biden, Trump’s main rival for the 2020 presidential race.

Trump calls the inquiry a witch hunt.

“Ambassador Sondland did not tell us, and certainly did not tell me, about a connection between the assistance and the investigations. You should ask him,” Prystaiko said about Sondland, the U.S. ambassador to the European Union.

Prystaiko’s comments came a day after William Taylor, the acting ambassador to Ukraine, testified in the first televised hearing of the impeachment inquiry.

In a disclosure that drew the most attention, Taylor pointed to Trump’s keen interest in getting the eastern European ally to investigate Biden and reiterated his understanding that $391 million in U.S. security aid was withheld from Kiev unless it cooperated.

Taylor said a member of his staff had overheard a July 26 phone call between Trump and Sondland in which the Republican president asked about investigations into the Bidens, and Sondland told him that the Ukrainians were ready to proceed.

That call occurred a day after Trump had asked Zelenskiy during a phone call to conduct the investigations.

“I have never seen a direct relationship between investigations and security assistance,” Prystaiko was quoted as saying by Interfax. “Yes, the investigations were mentioned, you know, in the conversation of the presidents. But there was no clear connection between these events.”
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...ter-idUSKBN1XO

What say you Politalker Snowflake?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

Truth Detector (11-15-2019)

8. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Jordan and Stefanik both tried to disrupt the proceedings and had to be repeatedly gaveled to order by the Chairman!
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

9. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (11-15-2019)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (11-15-2019)

11. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Viva Jim Jordan, the "ripper."

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

13. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Ambassador Yovanovitch correctly pointed out that she was removed without good reason at a crucial time, and such removal harmed our Statehood efforts.

She was removed by a smear campaign conducted by corrupt individuals for personal political reasons at odds with creating peace and respect for the United States.

Her removal harmed US interests.

14. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (11-15-2019)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

16. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Ambassador Yovanovitch risked her life under gunfire for the United States, with an impeccable career of dedication, and the thanks she got was to be tossed to the curb by Trump.

17. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Jason Chaffetz: Why Schiff's whistleblower claims at Trump impeachment hearing are impossible to believe
    Jason Chaffetz
    By Jason Chaffetz | Fox News

"Schiff ends impeachment hearing insisting he doesn’t know whistleblower

Rep. Adam Schiff sticks to his story that he doesn't know the whistleblower

Americans had a front-row seat for Day One of impeachment inquiry hearings in the House on Wednesday. But missing from the testimony on Capitol Hill was the “witness” who started it all. Six grueling hours of testimony by two hearsay witnesses shed little light on the allegations against President Trump.

Neither George Kent, deputy assistant secretary of state for Europe nor William Taylor, the charge d’affaires in Kiev had firsthand information and both clearly had an ax to grind over their differences with the president on foreign policy.

More interesting than their testimony was the complete whitewashing of any reference to the original whistleblower, whose second-hand allegations so deeply concerned House Democrats that they opened an official impeachment inquiry – a process they had three times explicitly rejected in previous House votes.

DAVID BOSSIE: IMPEACHMENT CASE AGAINST TRUMP IS FALLING APART – DEMOCRATS WANT TO HURT HIM IN 2020 ELECTION

What was so compelling about the testimony of this witness that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, who had long held that impeachment should only proceed as a bipartisan effort, would abandon her position and pursue a one-sided inquiry?

Americans still don't know.

In the first day of testimony, there was barely any mention of the original witness or the transcript of the call that lies at the center of the allegations.

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff went to great lengths to suppress any reference to the witness during the first day of testimony, even going so far as to claim (laughably) that he doesn't know who the witness is.

Let’s think about that for a moment. We know that the whistleblower met with Schiff’s STAFF. Are we supposed to believe that the Congressman stepped out of the office when he arrived or hid in another room when the whistleblower meeting took place?

The notion that Adam Schiff doesn't know the identity of a whistleblower so many in Washington can already identify by name is laughable.

Is Schiff trying to tell us that his staff told him, “We’ve just met with the whistleblower.” To which he replied, “don’t tell me his name! I don’t want to meet him! But let me use everything he just told you to impeach the president.” Who could believe that? Such a scenario is not only ridiculous, but it would also be irresponsible.

Remember, this is the same Schiff whose promises of "ample evidence of collusion in plain sight" were repudiated by the final Mueller Report. He is hardly a beacon of credibility, but the notion that he doesn't know the identity of a whistleblower so many in Washington can already identify by name is laughable.

He Who Must Not Be Named is not expected to testify at all. That's totally unacceptable.

The American people cannot be expected to accept a partisan impeachment inquiry in which only one side calls witnesses, exculpatory evidence is suppressed, and the primary witness cannot be identified, much less questioned. Particularly given the fact that the whistleblower is no whistleblower, having no firsthand knowledge of the allegations. But he or she does have firsthand knowledge of the machinations within the White House designed to thwart a sitting president. That testimony is relevant.

We know what justice looks like. This is not justice. The House Intelligence Committee is neither an impeachment committee nor a Grand Jury.
    More from Opinion

Tucker Carlson: It’s never been clear what Dems believe is Trump’s impeachable offense. Now we know. It’s THIS
    Leslie Marshall: Trump, impeachment and the future – Here's what I tell my Democratic friends
    Andrew McCarthy: Elections, not impeachments are how we resolve policy disputes in this country

With great fanfare, Speaker Pelosi initiated the formal impeachment inquiry against President Donald Trump in September promising that, "no one is above the law." She claimed the president's actions "have seriously violated the Constitution."

That’s not what viewers saw on this first day of public testimony. If there are violations of the law or the Constitution by this president, these witnesses couldn't testify to it. Their accounts were based on hearsay, opinion and media reports.

If anyone has been treated as though they are above the law, it is this so-called whistleblower."
    https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/schi...jason-chaffetz

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

19. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

What an excellent point.

"If you fight corruption, you piss off corrupt people."

Ambassador Yovanovitch worked to eliminate corruption, with a stellar career. Her efforts apparently pissed off Giuilani and Trump.

Trump removed Ambassador Yovanovitch without giving any reason what so ever.

I can see the reason.

Trump is corrupt!

20. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (11-15-2019)

21. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

22. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hans von Spakovsky: Trump impeachment not justified by evidence and testimony made public so far
    Hans A. von Spakovsky
    By Hans A. von Spakovsky | Fox News:

"Democrats and Republicans battle over 'hearsay' during impeachment hearings

House Oversight Committee members Rep. Mark Meadows and Rep. Jim Jordan weighs in on impeachment proceedings on 'Hannity.'

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff, D-Calif., hasn’t yet produced most of his witnesses in the public impeachment hearings regarding President Trump. But if the State Department’s George Kent and Acting Ambassador to Ukraine William Taylor are representative of the testimony Democrats are relying on, future historians may label this episode The Big Impeachment Blowout.

The House impeachment inquiry is not a criminal proceeding. But as I listened to the hearsay and speculation that Kent and Taylor were offering Wednesday at the opening public hearing on impeachment, I couldn’t help thinking of REO Speedwagon’s song “Take it on the Run.”

One line of the song says: “Heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend who heard it from another you been messin’ around.”

YOVANOVITCH TO FACE GOP GRILLING ON SECOND DAY OF PUBLIC IMPEACHMENT HEARINGS

Both Kent and Taylor admitted they never talked to President Trump and only heard third-hand what supposedly occurred in the president’s July 25 telephone call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky.
    More from Opinion

Jason Chaffetz: Why Schiff's whistleblower claims at Trump impeachment hearing are impossible to believe
    Rep. Steve Scalise: Trump impeachment inquiry requires the truth – America must hear from whistleblower

Democrats seem to have dropped the quid pro quo claim, since there was no evidence of it in the rough transcript the White House released of the call. The claim does not seem to be playing with the American public.

Taylor admitted in the hearing that Zelensky had no idea that U.S. aid was being delayed, and Zelensky himself has said there was no quid pro quo.

Democrats have now switched to using the terms “bribery” and “extortion,” no doubt because those terms sound more sinister, despite the fact that they’ve produced no evidence – so far – that would come even close to showing a violation of the federal laws defining bribery and extortion."
    https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/hans...-public-so-far

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

24. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The people who worked for Giuliani in Ukraine to conduct a smear campaign against the Ambassador, Parnas and Fruman, were both indicted.

The work they did was embraced by Trump, who subsequently removed the Ambassador.

25. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (11-15-2019)

26. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Fox news contributed to the smear campaign against the Ambassador, calling her 'Obama's Ambassador,' which is politically slanted because she actually worked for GWB prior to working for President Obama.

27. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (11-15-2019)

28. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

29. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Saagar Enjeti claims Pelosi's impeachment strategy could hurt 2020 Democrats

"Consider that the whistleblower himself is a member of the CIA, that the central witnesses in the inquiry, are all within the bureaucracy and took outrageous steps to circumvent the President of the United States because they were so concerned about making sure aid to Ukraine continued to flow. These people do not set U.S. Foreign policy, the president does. We are in a situation where they are openly trying to circumvent democratic norms. That is why liberals like Glenn Greenwald, Aaron, Michael Tracey, and others are speaking up."
    https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/47...2020-democrats

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Earl For This Post:

RB 60 (11-15-2019), Truth Detector (11-15-2019)

31. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Pompeo refused to defend or support Ambassador Yovanovitch without giving any reason for his failure to support a good worker with a stellar career spanning many administrations, both Republican and Democratic.

32. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (11-15-2019)

33. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

34. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Pompeo refused to defend or support Ambassador Yovanovitch without giving any reason for his failure to support a good worker with a stellar career spanning many administrations, both Republican and Democratic.
    Another nothing burger, Snowflake.

Zero, nada, squat.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post: