Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Thread: The People's House Openly Examines Misconduct: Happy Trump Impeachment Hearings Day!!

1. #136 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Well, I’ve read the law and there’s nothing in it about protecting the WB from being revealed lol.

So the question remains why Schiff felt compelled to lie about it. If he wanted to say they wanted to protect the WB from death threats or whatever why didn’t he just say so?

It’s highly likely Schiff doesn’t want anyone talking to the WB. If Democrats ever vote to send articles to the Senate, they will subpoena the WB and he won’t be able to hide behind the WB law. They will also subpoena Hunter Biden.
    Republicans have the offer on the table to ask written questions of the WB.

Poof, there goes that argument.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. #137 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Darth,

Republicans have the offer on the table to ask written questions of the WB.

Poof, there goes that argument.
    It’s not an argument: Schiff lied about the WB being protected by the WB law.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

3. #138 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    It’s not an argument: Schiff lied about the WB being protected by the WB law.
    An argument doesn't have to be a bad thing. I am happy to argue with you because you are careful to do it in a respectful way, which is greatly appreciated.

You have provided no quote of what Chairman Schiff said, so it's difficult to respond with accuracy to that.

I do understand that there is a law protecting a WB, and that there is a reason for such a law, which only makes sense. A WB is more likely to come forward and expose wrongdoing if they are made to feel that they will not face retribution for doing so.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. #139 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

another great day for Trump, right? How about that wall!

5. #140 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello Darth,

An argument doesn't have to be a bad thing. I am happy to argue with you because you are careful to do it in a respectful way, which is greatly appreciated.

You have provided no quote of what Chairman Schiff said, so it's difficult to respond with accuracy to that.

I do understand that there is a law protecting a WB, and that there is a reason for such a law, which only makes sense. A WB is more likely to come forward and expose wrongdoing if they are made to feel that they will not face retribution for doing so.
    The WB law only pertains to retribution from the employer. It’s says nothing about guaranteed anonymity.

“The whistleblower has the right, a statutory right, to anonymity. These proceedings will not be used to out the whistleblower.” [Schiff]

That is a lie. Schiff doesn’t get the benefit of the doubt for being simply mistaken—he’s a member of Congress.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

6. #141 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

PBS did an interview with Kellyanne Conway. It's just amazing. It is like Kellyanne exists in some alternate universe where Judy Woodruff asks if Trump told Sondland to take policy from Giuliani, and Kellyanne hears some different question where she explains that the President never conditioned the aid to the Burisma investigation demand. I'm sitting there watching this spectacle and wondering what is wrong with Kellyanne's ears. We all heard the question asked of her, so why in the world is she answering some other mystery question?

Before long I found myself whispering to Judy Woodruff to just cut her off. Obviously she has chosen to be completely disrespectful to Judy by completely ignoring the question put to her. Kellyanne couldn't function under oath. She would come unglued under cross examination with the threat of perjury. In other words, she is ideal for speaking for President Trump! Exists in a world of 'alternative facts.'

7. #142 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Right on!

My new favorite show is back on.

8. #143 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Collins starts off with a whole lot of unsupported baloney.

-Claims the impeachment is only because people don't like Trump. What baloney.

9. #144 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Looks like a pretty real impeachment hearing to me.

I don't think it is a hoax.

The President is mistaken. He called it a hoax.

Baloney. It is quite real.

10. #145 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Collins is laughable. Totally out of touch with reality.

He said: "This is not an impeachment."

He is wrong. It is.

11. #146 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

What is the point of Republicans making motions that have zero chance of passing, and then requesting vote tallies?

It is obvious from the verbal votes these measures will not pass. And there is no point in even raising them.

It must be purely to disrupt the proceedings in any way possible.

12. #147 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Excellent point made today.

President Trump has openly asked three foreign nations to meddle in our elections, Russia, Ukraine and China.

That's impeachable right there.

13. #148 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

14. #149 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,507 Times in 16,971 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Collins starts off with a whole lot of unsupported baloney.

-Claims the impeachment is only because people don't like Trump. What baloney.
    Kinda like all your hearsay witnesses, huh? Baloney?
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

15. #150 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Matt Gaetz was like an attack-dog tearing into the witnesses for daring to say the Constitution included impeachment because it was feared that an abusive President might abuse his power to secure his own reelection, and that would be too much power to give to one person, so it was necessary to have impeachment in the Constitution.

I say if Donald Trump has not committed enough violations to warrant impeachment then no President will ever be impeached. If his misconduct is not egregious enough to impeach and remove him, then there is no point in even having impeachment in the Constitution at all.

Republicans who disagree with this are purely partisan and unable to place the concerns of their nation above those of their party.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

christiefan915 (12-04-2019)