Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: The People's House Openly Examines Misconduct: Happy Trump Impeachment Hearings Day!!

1. #196 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Micawber,

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    He is guilty of being caught, Politalk. That's the only mistake Trumps tards will admit, and only in secret.
    They live in fear of a tweet. Trump could destroy them with a cell phone.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. #197 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Micawber,

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    How can any sane person conceal disdain for Trump. That's some good acting.
    It is a test of composure. It helps to think that nothing has been better for motivating good people to vote than having such a bad President.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

3. #198 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    It’s both rushed and ‘slipshod’ for reasons that should be obvious.

There should have never been anything with the word ‘impeachment’ in it *until* actual facts were in hand and material witnesses were heard from. All Democrats have are opinions of witnesses—none of them have any actual evidence of wrongdoing on the part of Trump.

With Nixon the break-in was a hard fact. With Clinton he clearly lied about not having sex with that woman. Those were facts that were beyond debate. The only debate to be had was whether they rose to impeachable offenses. And here Democrats are rushing to get Trump impeached in the fact-gathering stage. What if Democrats get to the Senate only to find out they don’t have what they think they had?

Here’s a suggestion for Democrats: don’t go to the senate with your case still in the fact gathering stage.
    I would agree that the Democrats should slow down, not worry about the primary season, and gather far more evidence before sending it over. What have they got to lose? The impeachment news is dominating the news cycle which is a welcome change from having it be all about what Trump decides it will be. And the more it gets talked about the more time it has to sink in for those who do not recognize either the misconduct or the evidence pointing to the President.

I disagree that the word impeachment was initiated too early. When Nancy Pelosi understood the initial evidence she had no other choice. Clearly there has been misconduct by the President of a very serious matter which cannot be overlooked. And it cannot wait until the next election because the nature of the misconduct affects that election. The President sought foreign intervention into that election. And it is a pattern of abuse. He previously sought Russia, and later China to interfere with our elections. If he is not stopped he will do it again. And there is also a pattern of obstruction which began in the Mueller Investigation and continued into the Ukriane Scandal. This misconduct cannot be overlooked. Pelosi had no choice.

4. #199 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello christiefan915,

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    He blustered like Jim Jordan, all accusation and outrage.
    It's amazing how much he could talk with nothing to say. He's in the right business. It's either that or sell used cars.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

christiefan915 (12-05-2019)

6. #200 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello christiefan915,

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    "The totality of the circumstances" is exactly the point. Cons don't do that, they cherry pick words and phrases.
    Exactly. I was amused at the one where they quote somebody saying they heard the President say no quid pro quo, so that to them means there wasn't one.

Just because he said it.

That's good enough for THEM!

Amazing.

7. #201 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello ziggy,

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
    Just mention the 'i' word and that means he's trying to get him impeached? Only in R land.

8. #202 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello ziggy,

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
    Stating that impeachable acts have been committed doesn't mean an individual thinks impeachment is appropriate. There are plenty of gray area impeachable actions that shouldn't be brought because a reasonable dispute could be made. It needs to be something which cannot be reasonably denied. Like bribery. I understand that Republicans are denying this impeachment should go through but their denial is not reasonable. Republicans live in fear of being tweet-smacked. They can't be honest. The MUST watch their words. Any straying from the party line and they are OUT. Republicans do eat their own.

9. #203 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

That was a bad witness for Democrats.

She could barely conceal her disdain for Trump or his supporters and dragged Trump’s underage son into it.

That’s going to turn off independents.
    Actually she said nothing about Baron himself. She talked about Trump's ability to name a child that but his inability to become that without violating the Constitution. She later admitted the mistake and apologized. And she challenged Trump to admit his mistakes too.

10. #204 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Darth,

I would agree that the Democrats should slow down, not worry about the primary season, and gather far more evidence before sending it over. What have they got to lose? The impeachment news is dominating the news cycle which is a welcome change from having it be all about what Trump decides it will be. And the more it gets talked about the more time it has to sink in for those who do not recognize either the misconduct or the evidence pointing to the President.

I disagree that the word impeachment was initiated too early. When Nancy Pelosi understood the initial evidence she had no other choice. Clearly there has been misconduct by the President of a very serious matter which cannot be overlooked. And it cannot wait until the next election because the nature of the misconduct affects that election. The President sought foreign intervention into that election. And it is a pattern of abuse. He previously sought Russia, and later China to interfere with our elections. If he is not stopped he will do it again. And there is also a pattern of obstruction which began in the Mueller Investigation and continued into the Ukriane Scandal. This misconduct cannot be overlooked. Pelosi had no choice.
    You just let the cat out of the bag lol.

Yes, ‘Impeachment is in the news’—just as planned, even though democrats can’t decide what, exactly, the impeachable offense is. One day it’s one thing and the next day it’s the next thing. And this, without hard evidence of ANYTHING. If the process wasn’t slipshod, Democrats would just be holding *hearings* sans the word ‘impeachment’ until it was established what, if anything, was done by Trump that warrants impeachment.

Democrats are using impeachment as a political weapon against Trump. Abusing Impeachment, as a political weapon and the founders warned us of this very thing.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

11. #205 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

That was a bad witness for Democrats.

She could barely conceal her disdain for Trump or his supporters and dragged Trump’s underage son into it.

That’s going to turn off independents.
    all three were #neverTrumps or worse ( one guy wanted to impeach on Trump's tweets) but she was especially vile.

Turly looked sane - a big difference from those 3

12. #206 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

yesterday was a joke.......after weeks of testimony without evidence we have a day of testimony from people who acknowledge they know not a single material fact in Schiff's report who give their "expert" opinion on whether they would impeach Trump........the other two lawyers on the board, if they are prepared to admit it, know that none of yesterday's testimony would have been admissible in court for it called for a decision on the ultimate fact.......it is the role of Congress to decide if Trump can be impeached, not four (actually three) law school professors.....

now I know there will be a string of idiots who will repeat their meme that this isn't a court of law and they don't have to prove there is a crime........you are right.......but if you don't prove there was a crime and don't act as one should in a court of law you will not convince the public that Trump did something wrong.........

impeach him without cause or procedure........give up all hope of defeating him next year........give up control of the House.......take your chance Ginsberg can live four more years........lose seats in the Senate.......I look forward to every minute of your demise......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

13. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Darth Omar (12-05-2019)

14. #207 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

You just let the cat out of the bag lol.
    The cat has been loose for a long time. Republicans can't see that cat. They are blind to it. The cat has super-powers over Republicans, as if the cat is truly invisible. Cats are very effective predators and in many cases are the apex predator. Trump is the exposed prey which is unable to conceal the presence of the overwhelming evidence that the Republicans cannot see.

Yes, ‘Impeachment is in the news’—just as planned, even though democrats can’t decide what, exactly, the impeachable offense is. One day it’s one thing and the next day it’s the next thing. And this, without hard evidence of ANYTHING.
    The impeachable offenses are piling up. The president's misconduct covers an array of violations of his oath of office:

-Rigging an election.

-Soliciting foreign contributions to a campaign. 3 counts. Russia, Ukraine, and China

-Compromising US national security interests. Seriously, if we ever go to war with Russia, we want Ukraine on our side, not theirs. We have to support Ukraine.

-Obstructing Justice. Multiple counts from the Mueller investigation to the Ukraine Scandal.

-Bribery. He offered a thing of value to a foreign official in return for a political favor.

-Witness tampering. President Trump intimidated Marie Yovanovitch as she gave testimony, which is also very intimidating to other witnesses.

-Emoluments. The President has profited from mixing personal and official business. He has required the military to stay at his personal facilities as a stopover.

-Tax evasion. Democrats should wait on finalizing the Articles until they are able to attain and investigate the President's tax returns.

-Fraud. The President has made numerous claims which were not true, in order to profit from them. He has overstated the value of his properties to investors and understated the value of the same properties to tax collectors.

-Doing personal business on the taxpayers dime. He abused the powers of his office for personal gain while he was supposed to be working for us, we, the people.

If the process wasn’t slipshod, Democrats would just be holding *hearings* sans the word ‘impeachment’ until it was established what, if anything, was done by Trump that warrants impeachment.
    Once again, that is pure opinion. The Constitution leaves it completely up to the House as to how to conduct an impeachment. No professor gets to decide what that is. It is up to the House. The House has voted and passed the procedure in an official capacity, and that makes it legal. It is up to them to decide, and they decided by vote. They represent the people of the USA. Republicans just don't get that. When Republicans talk about 'what the American people want' they are only talking about Republicans, which are actually a minority. The fact that they are a minority of Americans automatically means they cannot honestly claim to represent the American people. They fool themselves at their own discredit.

Democrats are using impeachment as a political weapon against Trump. Abusing Impeachment, as a political weapon and the founders warned us of this very thing.
    I am not surprised to hear this false claim since everything else has been tried by lock-step Republicans who are afraid to speak their own views under threat of being tweet-slapped by the President. Really, living in fear of insults is a condition brought on by insecurity and lack of moral conviction. When a person does the right thing no insults can honestly discredit them. Only lies can do that and then only if there is a willingness to believe in lies, which is painfully prevalent in the Republican party. If Republicans would honestly stand up for what is really right and stop fooling themselves with propaganda they would not have this problem.

15. #208 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 10 Times in 10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    yesterday was a joke.......after weeks of testimony without evidence we have a day of testimony from people who acknowledge they know not a single material fact in Schiff's report who give their "expert" opinion on whether they would impeach Trump........the other two lawyers on the board, if they are prepared to admit it, know that none of yesterday's testimony would have been admissible in court for it called for a decision on the ultimate fact.......it is the role of Congress to decide if Trump can be impeached, not four (actually three) law school professors.....

now I know there will be a string of idiots who will repeat their meme that this isn't a court of law and they don't have to prove there is a crime........you are right.......but if you don't prove there was a crime and don't act as one should in a court of law you will not convince the public that Trump did something wrong.........

impeach him without cause or procedure........give up all hope of defeating him next year........give up control of the House.......take your chance Ginsberg can live four more years........lose seats in the Senate.......I look forward to every minute of your demise......
    Let the liberal slap boxing commence.
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/imp...mittee-experts