Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Thread: The People's House Openly Examines Misconduct: Happy Trump Impeachment Hearings Day!!

1. #166 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Do you think any minds will be changed?
    Not one. It's an abomination that the Democrats continue to promote which is doing nothing for Americans and tearing the nation apart. Sad day really. Pathetic that anyone would be happy about this clown show. You have to have an IQ of 9 to cheer such stupidity.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

2. #167 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
    I just learned an interesting factoid. OK, so around 31% of Americans strongly support Donald Trump. And about another 12% favor him over any Democrat.

31%. That's about the same number of people who thought Obama should be impeached in 2014.

For doing ?

I mean, it was never in question. Obama never did anything impeachable but still we had this percentage who wanted him impeached anyway.

So of course that same group of people are never going to admit that Trump EVER should be impeached, right?

What do you wanna bet Gaetz is in that group.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

3. #168 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hi ziggy,

Gaetz was the bully. He glared at her. He raised his voice. He asked her a question and then interrupted her when she was two words into her response.
    That was a bad witness for Democrats.

She could barely conceal her disdain for Trump or his supporters and dragged Trump’s underage son into it.

That’s going to turn off independents.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Truth Detector (12-04-2019)

5. #169 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

Turley: Rather they are meant to drive home a simple point: one can oppose President Trump’s policies or actions but still conclude that the current legal case for impeachment is not just woefully inadequate, but in some respects, dangerous, as the basis for the impeachment of an American president.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

6. #170 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

I just learned an interesting factoid. OK, so around 31% of Americans strongly support Donald Trump. And about another 12% favor him over any Democrat.

31%. That's about the same number of people who thought Obama should be impeached in 2014.

For doing ?

I mean, it was never in question. Obama never did anything impeachable but still we had this percentage who wanted him impeached anyway.

So of course that same group of people are never going to admit that Trump EVER should be impeached, right?

What do you wanna bet Gaetz is in that group.
    No question about it. No minds are being moved. They can't be. Trump is their baby boy on trial for murder and they wub wub wub him,
    and they will lie, lie,lie as long and hard as it takes to save him, oath be damned, truth be damned, shame be damned. They don't care
    a flying fuck what he did or does. They care about America very deeply, except they think only they are America and only he is America.
    So whatever he does is American, and anything done against him is unamerican.

7. #171 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Turley just said is not that you can't impeach, it's that you should make it a more drawn out procedure and spend more time gathering information.

I agree.

Republicans are demanding that we slow down and make sure there is bipartisan support.

Would they support hearing from first hand witnesses?

They have yet to show it.

They have complained that none of the witnesses have first hand information.

They should at least support hearing from those witnesses who have the information they seek.

Instead of being afraid of Donald Trump's tweets!
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

8. #172 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    That was a bad witness for Democrats.

She could barely conceal her disdain for Trump or his supporters and dragged Trump’s underage son into it.

That’s going to turn off independents.
    I agree she should not have done that.

And if Trump fans seize upon this one moment, make a big deal out of that mistake, it shows that they really know deep down in their heart of hearts that Trump is guilty, and they are just looking for something, anything to distract attention away from what is overwhelmingly obvious: Trump is guilty.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Micawber (12-04-2019)

10. #173 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Turley just said is not that you can't impeach, it's that you should make it a more drawn out procedure and spend more time gathering information.

I agree.

Republicans are demanding that we slow down and make sure there is bipartisan support.

Would they support hearing from first hand witnesses?

They have yet to show it.

They have complained that none of the witnesses have first hand information.

They should at least support hearing from those witnesses who have the information they seek.

Instead of being afraid of Donald Trump's tweets!
    It’s up to Democrats to speed up or slow down lol.

I believe ‘slipshod’ is the word Professor Turley used describe the impeachment. But Democrats need to hurry because it’s so close to the election. The longer they wait the more people are going to ask ‘why don’t we just allow voters to settle this since it’s so close to the election?’

What a great question.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

11. #174 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

He is guilty of being caught, Politalk. That's the only mistake Trumps tards will admit, and only in secret.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

PoliTalker (12-04-2019)

13. #175 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Micawber,

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    No question about it. No minds are being moved. They can't be. Trump is their baby boy on trial for murder and they wub wub wub him,
    and they will lie, lie,lie as long and hard as it takes to save him, oath be damned, truth be damned, shame be damned. They don't care
    a flying fuck what he did or does. They care about America very deeply, except they think only they are America and only he is America.
    So whatever he does is American, and anything done against him is unamerican.
    When they fool themselves into thinking most people support Trump, by saying: "people don't think he should be impeached," they are only talking about their fellow partisan Republicans. They simply cannot accept in their heads that America also includes a lot of other people who are very different from them.

And now it comes to this. There is clear impeachable evidence right in front of their faces and they are blinded to it by propaganda.

You know darn well, too, that there are Republicans out there who have their doubts. But they are afraid to speak up and say anything because Trump could destroy them with a tweet.

It is a party held together by fear.

How sad.

14. #176 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

How can any sane person conceal disdain for Trump. That's some good acting.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

PoliTalker (12-04-2019)

16. #177 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Micawber,

When they fool themselves into thinking most people support Trump, by saying: "people don't think he should be impeached," they are only talking about their fellow partisan Republicans. They simply cannot accept in their heads that America also includes a lot of other people who are very different from them.

And now it comes to this. There is clear impeachable evidence right in front of their faces and they are blinded to it by propaganda.

You know darn well, too, that there are Republicans out there who have their doubts. But they are afraid to speak up and say anything because Trump could destroy them with a tweet.

It is a party held together by fear.

How sad.
    Yes it really does surprise me. I thought there would be a Julius Caesar murder by the Senate long ago. It has not happened.

17. #178 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    It’s up to Democrats to speed up or slow down lol.

I believe ‘slipshod’ is the word Professor Turley used describe the impeachment. But Democrats need to hurry because it’s so close to the election. The longer they wait the more people are going to ask ‘why don’t we just allow voters to settle this since it’s so close to the election?’

What a great question.
    That's not what Turley was alluding to at all.

He said it is rushed, and if done properly should take longer. He didn't talk about the consideration of how close the next election is. And why should he? Impeachment was never intended to be up to a popular vote, nor an electoral college vote. The Power of Impeachment lies with the House.

I don't understand why the Democrats are afraid to have impeachment run into the election. And how they think they can control that once it is released to the Senate. If a long impeachment trial is bad for Democrats and the Republican Senate controls how long that takes, then guess what? We are going to have a long impeachment trial anyway. So Democrats should just slow down, take in more information, gather more evidence, and prepare more thorough articles of impeachment before sending it over to the Senate.

They need to get Trump's taxes and his financial records and investigate him for tax evasion and fraud. He's already charged with both in Panama City and his Hotel was stripped of his name and taken away from him for it. I am certain he is guilty of both crimes here in the USA as well.

Personally, I think Senator's doing their job and sitting on impeachment hearings as excellent campaigning. Anybody who wants Trump gone is going to vote for those Senators who are on TV doing their job to get rid of Trump. It's free publicity during the campaign.

18. #179 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello Darth,

That's not what Turley was alluding to at all.

He said it is rushed, and if done properly should take longer. He didn't talk about the consideration of how close the next election is. And why should he? Impeachment was never intended to be up to a popular vote, nor an electoral college vote. The Power of Impeachment lies with the House.

I don't understand why the Democrats are afraid to have impeachment run into the election. And how they think they can control that once it is released to the Senate. If a long impeachment trial is bad for Democrats and the Republican Senate controls how long that takes, then guess what? We are going to have a long impeachment trial anyway. So Democrats should just slow down, take in more information, gather more evidence, and prepare more thorough articles of impeachment before sending it over to the Senate.

They need to get Trump's taxes and his financial records and investigate him for tax evasion and fraud. He's already charged with both in Panama City and his Hotel was stripped of his name and taken away from him for it. I am certain he is guilty of both crimes here in the USA as well.

Personally, I think Senator's doing their job and sitting on impeachment hearings as excellent campaigning. Anybody who wants Trump gone is going to vote for those Senators who are on TV doing their job to get rid of Trump. It's free publicity during the campaign.
    It’s both rushed and ‘slipshod’ for reasons that should be obvious.

There should have never been anything with the word ‘impeachment’ in it *until* actual facts were in hand and material witnesses were heard from. All Democrats have are opinions of witnesses—none of them have any actual evidence of wrongdoing on the part of Trump.

With Nixon the break-in was a hard fact. With Clinton he clearly lied about not having sex with that woman. Those were facts that were beyond debate. The only debate to be had was whether they rose to impeachable offenses. And here Democrats are rushing to get Trump impeached in the fact-gathering stage. What if Democrats get to the Senate only to find out they don’t have what they think they had?

Here’s a suggestion for Democrats: don’t go to the senate with your case still in the fact gathering stage.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Sailor (12-04-2019)

20. #180 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,184 Times in 25,719 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Collins starts off with a whole lot of unsupported baloney.

-Claims the impeachment is only because people don't like Trump. What baloney.
    He blustered like Jim Jordan, all accusation and outrage.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

21. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

PoliTalker (12-04-2019)