Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The People's House Openly Examines Misconduct: Happy Trump Impeachment Hearings Day!!

1. #106 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Ambassador Yovanovitch: "The State Department is being hollowed out from within."

This shows that what Trump has done has hurt the United States.
    Trump has been roundly criticized for all three years for not filling vacant posts. This also is intentional.

His goal, as a consumer of right wing idiot news, is to atrophy the US government, foreign and domestic.

2. #107 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Micawber,

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    Trump has been roundly criticized for all three years for not filling vacant posts. This also is intentional.

His goal, as a consumer of right wing idiot news, is to atrophy the US government, foreign and domestic.
    He has decimated the US State Department in a way that has not been seen before. People with decades of experience and valuable contacts oversees, kicked to the curb. This kind of diplomacy cannot be easily replaced.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

3. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (11-19-2019)

4. #108 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

we get a NON RUSSIAN asset at president and those people will gladly come back

Putin wants Donny the Orange to destroy whatever he can while hes president

the republican party has wanted the same for decades

5. #109 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

One thing that stands out to me as I watch these hearings is that the witnesses are very professional and not biased in any way against the President.

This means that the President's comments calling them 'Never Trumpers' have been false.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

6. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (11-19-2019)

7. #110 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I see that Jordan is once again appearing without a coat and tie, that while he does have a tie, he does not have a coat, and that he is the only one visible who is so disrespecting the proceedings in this way.

8. #111 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

President Trump falsely called Jennifer Williams a 'Never Trumper' in a tweet over the weekend.

This could also be interpreted as witness intimidation.

9. #112 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Ratcliffe lied when he said that 'witness after witness' said there was no quid pro quo.

Actually, witness after witness said they were not lawyers and were not qualified to determine if a quid pro quo existed.

10. #113 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Ratcliffe is trying to say that what Trump did is not bribery.

Trump offered a thing of great value to Ukraine in return for Ukraine doing 'a favor' for Trump.

Sounds like bribery to me.

He offered Zelenski a bribe.

He made it clear Zelenski would get what Trump was offering only if he did what Trump wanted.

That's a bribe.

11. #114 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Representative Ratcliffe admits in open House hearing that Col Vindman and Jennifer Williams are both nonpartisan.

This stands in opposition to President Trump's tweets that he thinks they are 'never Trumpers.'

Essentailly, Rep Ratcliffe is saying that he thinks the President is wrong.

12. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (11-19-2019)

13. #115 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

Not one witness has used the Democrat's word of the day, "bribery."

How can the bribee (sic) be bribed when he days he was not threatened... with bribery?

"Former Ukrainian President Poroshenko says he felt no pressure from Trump."
    latimes.com

14. #116 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Well, the Democrats have gone from collusion to obstruction to quid pro quo to extortion to bribery...all proven false.

What next, cannibalism?

15. #117 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...ne-thing-value

The Justice Department Has Argued Sex, Information, And Worthless Stock Were “Things Of Value.” But It Said Trump’s Request For Dirt Wasn’t.

16. #118 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I heard Representative Mike Johnson of Louisiana (sits on the Judicary Committee) commenting about the impeachment today. My isn't he a purely partisan disgrace to Congress. Refuses to acknowledge that there is any problem with the President's conduct, and relentlessly attacked Democrats, and did it all with a smooth talking little smirky look on his face.

He looked like the personification of pure greed and absolute loyalty to President Trump over the US Constitution. Apparently his oath of office was just some meaningless words he had to say to get in on the take.

The Judiciary hearings promise to be quite the spectacle, considering you've got this guy Johnson on there, Matt Gaetz of Florida, and Jim Jordan, whom we've already seen enough of his antics to know how blindly partisan he is.

Between them I'm sure there will be plenty of disgrace to spread around.

And more!

17. #119 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,541 Times in 9,992 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,099 Times in 1,011 Posts

18. #120 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Another exciting day of Open Impeachment Hearings, coming up!

(Lindsey Graham will be too busy sharpening pencils to watch.)