Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The People's House Openly Examines Misconduct: Happy Trump Impeachment Hearings Day!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default The People's House Openly Examines Misconduct: Happy Trump Impeachment Hearings Day!!

Time to spill the beans...

Lay it all out there. All the dirt. How Trump has abused his power and violated his Oath to uphold the Constitution of the United States of America.

Here is a 5 minute video wrap-up of what to expect TODAY.

( This broadcast was from yesterday, so Judy Woodruff refers to the hearings as beginning tomorrow, but now the day has come: )

What To Expect As The Open Impeachment Of President Trump Goes Live

Here is a link where you can watch the hearings live on your computer of phone:

Watch The Open Impeachment Hearings Live Online Here Beginning at 10AM
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (11-15-2019)

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (11-20-2019), signalmankenneth (12-04-2019), ThatOwlWoman (11-15-2019), Trumpet (11-13-2019)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Do you think any minds will be changed?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack For This Post:

Trumpet (11-13-2019)

6. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello and Happy Impeachment Day Jack,

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Do you think any minds will be changed?
    Only if they pay attention and wish to uphold the US Constitution.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

signalmankenneth (12-04-2019), ThatOwlWoman (11-15-2019), Trumpet (11-13-2019)

8. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello and Happy Impeachment Day Jack,

Only if they pay attention and wish to uphold the US Constitution.
    "LINDSEY GRAHAM IS REFUSING TO WATCH 'UN-AMERICAN' IMPEACHMENT HEARINGS: 'THIS IS A BUNCH OF GARBAGE' "
    https://www.newsweek.com/impeachment...mp-fox-1471378

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jack For This Post:

PoliTalker (11-13-2019), Trumpet (11-13-2019)

10. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Jack,

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    "LINDSEY GRAHAM IS REFUSING TO WATCH 'UN-AMERICAN' IMPEACHMENT HEARINGS: 'THIS IS A BUNCH OF GARBAGE' "
    https://www.newsweek.com/impeachment...mp-fox-1471378
    I can picture a political cartoon of Lindsey Graham with his eyes shut tight and his fingers in his ears, going 'Na Na Na Na Na Na Na NA!'

I bet if he and his golf buddy Trump hit the links today they score terribly.

Golf is such a mental game.

The problem with the way they would play today would be that the fairways are so straight. If only the fairways were shaped more like slices and hooks they wouldn't find themselves in the rough so much.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (11-20-2019), Jack (11-13-2019), ThatOwlWoman (11-15-2019), Trumpet (11-13-2019)

12. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Here we go!

The PBS coverage begins...

Live Open Impeachment Hearings

13. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (11-15-2019)

14. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The President said he was going to be too busy to watch the hearings.

Looks like he got it wrong again. (He seems to have a penchant for saying things which are not true.)

Today, he apparently wasn't too busy because he certainly found the time and couldn't help himself from tweeting about the hearing as it was in progress.

Was he watching after all?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (11-15-2019)

16. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello good politically informed people. I am happy to join you in observing the epic events transpiring today at the Open Hearings of the US House of Representatives Intelligence Committee Inquiry to Impeach President Trump for misconduct, specifically having to do with using bribery and extortion to pressure Ukraine to support his personal political ambitions, and setting up a shadow foreign affairs group which worked directly against the US interests and long standing US Policy regarding the treatment of Ukriane.

Here is a wrap up of what we have learned this morning:

Ambassador Yovanovich did nothing wrong. 33 years of impeccable Statehood experience thrown away because she stood in the way of corruption and Trump. Ambassador Yovanovitch risked her life under gunfire for the United States, with an impeccable career of dedication, and the thanks she got was to be tossed to the curb by Trump. This represents a loss of valuable experience and weakens the US State Department.

Nunes lays it on thick with the lies: "Democrats have been trying to impeach Trump since the election" That's Baloney. SOME Democrats have. Schiff has resisted, for years, UNTIL THIS COMPELLING EVIDENCE CAME FORWARD.

Jordan and Stefanik both tried to disrupt the proceedings and had to be repeatedly gaveled to order by the Chairman! (Jordan was visibly upset and made some arm-waving, head-shaking and facial gestures, pushing back rapidly from the microphone as he appeared disrespectfully with a tie only covering his stand-out bright white shirt but no jacket in accordance and proper respect for the decorum.)

What an excellent point by Ambassador Yovanovitch: "If you fight corruption, you piss off corrupt people." Ambassador Yovanovitch worked to eliminate corruption, with a stellar career. Her efforts apparently pissed off Giuilani and Trump. Ambassador Yovanovitch was fighting corruption and threatened to eliminate the corrupt people in Ukraine that would help Trump forward his conspiracy theories. Ambassador Yovanovitch sought to increase prosecutions of corruption in Ukraine. This would include investigating Burisma. If Trump truly wanted to fight corruption it made no sense to fire Ambassador Yovanovitch.

President Trump had it all wrong on the Phone Call when Trump referred to a 'very good prosecutor being fired' in Ukraine, he was actually talking about the prosecutor which had FAILED to investigate Burisma, one who had not done a good job of fighting corruption, one which Ambassador Yovanovitch sought to have removed, along with and in coordination with Vice President Biden's demand to have the guy, Shokin, fired. Shokin claimed (only after being fired for not doing it) that he was about to investigate Burisma.

Ambassador Yovanovitch correctly pointed out that she was removed without good reason at a crucial time, and such removal harmed our Statehood efforts. Her removal harmed US interests. This removal did not protect and defend the US Constitution from all enemies both foreign and domestic. She was removed by a smear campaign conducted by corrupt individuals for personal political reasons at odds with creating peace and respect for the United States.

Rudy Giuliani ran the smear campaign, went around Ukraine spreading rumors to discredit Ambassador Yovanovitch. The people who worked for Giuliani in Ukraine to conduct a smear campaign against the Ambassador, Parnas and Fruman, were both indicted. The work they did was embraced by President Trump. Fox news contributed to the smear campaign against the Ambassador, calling her 'Obama's Ambassador,' which is politically slanted because she actually worked for GWB prior to working for President Obama.

Pompeo was asked repeatedly to speak up for the record on the career of Ambassador Yovanovitch. Pompeo refused to defend or support Ambassador Yovanovitch without giving any reason for his failure to support a good worker with a stellar career spanning many administrations, both Republican and Democratic.

President Trump removed Ambassador Yovanovitch without giving any reason what so ever.

Putin pushed the conspiracy theory that Ukraine interfered with the 2016 US election.

Biden never bragged that he stopped a prosecution.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (11-15-2019)

18. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Ambassador Yovanovitch: "The State Department is being hollowed out from within."

This shows that what Trump has done has hurt the United States.

19. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

All Right!

Live political action on TV!

My latest favorite TV show resumes today.

Hey. Trump has been trying to turn the White House into a reality show since 2016.

Now he got his wish.

Will he be impeached? Sure looks that way.

Will Trump be CONVICTED? Who knows.

Big money is riding on the Republicans looking the other way and refusing to admit he did anything wrong.

Or at least acknowledging that he did do wrong, but then claiming it was wrong but not wrong enough to throw him out.

Big money usually gets it's way in the USA. Will it happen that way again this time?

Nobody knows.....

This is GREAT!

I don't watch much TV, don't really have any favorite shows besides the news, but this is different.

Most people think politics is boring, but MY don't we live in interesting TIMES.

Now, thanks to Trump, even POLITICS is riveting.

Bring it ON.

And now, from your nation's capital, It's the LIVE IMPEACHMENT SHOW.

Enjoy!

20. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

One thing that stands out to me as I watch these hearings is that the witnesses are very professional and not biased in any way against the President.

This means that the President's comments calling them 'Never Trumpers' have been false.

21. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (11-19-2019)

22. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I see that Jordan is once again appearing without a coat and tie, that while he does have a tie, he does not have a coat, and that he is the only one visible who is so disrespecting the proceedings in this way.

23. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

President Trump falsely called Jennifer Williams a 'Never Trumper' in a tweet over the weekend.

This could also be interpreted as witness intimidation.

24. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Ratcliffe lied when he said that 'witness after witness' said there was no quid pro quo.

Actually, witness after witness said they were not lawyers and were not qualified to determine if a quid pro quo existed.

25. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,540 Times in 9,991 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,099 Times in 1,011 Posts