Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How can you claim what Biden did was illegal but what Trump did was not?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,870 Times in 21,642 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,675 Times in 5,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default How can you claim what Biden did was illegal but what Trump did was not?

SO Biden, under the direction of, and in accordance with President Obama's the State Department, demanded a corrupt prosecutor be fired (because he was refusing to investigate corruption) in exchange for release of aid money. This prosecutor was NOT investigating Biden's son, as some have pretended to believe, there is zero evidence of that. The demand was public and not a secret. The State Department wanted the guy fired for failure to investigate corruption.

Then Trump, in secret, without the knowledge of his own State Department, and not in accordance with stated American Foreign Policy, orchestrates a campaign to tell Ukraine, using back channels, that they must investigate Trumps opponent, (four years after the public actions of Biden) almost as soon as it was clear Biden was the most likely Democratic nominee to go against Trump, in order to get the military assistance they needed to defend against Russia.

If you cant see how one is legal and the other is not, no hope for you.

Now, lets add, clearly if what Biden did was illegal, what Trump did was also illegal. Why would trump ask for an investigation if he did not know it was illegal? If what Biden did was illegal, I think he should be prosecuted. If what Trump did was illegal, he should be impeached, removed and prosecuted. How could anyone disagree?

Trump commits a crime trying to get Biden investigated for the same type of crime, only it turns out what Biden did was not a crime because there was no personal benefit to Biden. Remember there is 0 evidence the son was investigated. IN fact they wanted this prosecutor fired because he was not investigating corruption intentionally turning a blind eye to corruption.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

2. The Following User Groans At Jarod For This Awful Post:

Earl (11-14-2019)

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

christiefan915 (11-13-2019), PoliTalker (11-12-2019), Trumpet (11-12-2019)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

He included the 'or else'.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,511 Times in 4,834 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,798 Times in 1,605 Posts
    Blog Entries

Don't forget the EU and the IMF and NATO all gave the green light to the US to get tough.
    WK1 3/28-/4 _Cases 301k--Dead 18.1k Lethality 2.72%
    WK2 4/5-/13 _Cases 555k--Dead 22.1K Lethality 3.9%
    WK3 4/20-/21 Cases 774k -Dead 37.2K Lethality 4.8%
    WK4 4/22-/29 Cases 1M --Dead 58.8K Lethality 5.9%
    WK5 5/1-/8__ Cases 1.3M -Dead 75.7K Lethality 6.1%
    WK6 5/9-16__Cases 1.4M --Dead 85.8K Lethality 6.1%
    WK7 5/17-24_Cases 1.7M - Dead 97.6K Lethality 5.9%
    WK8 5/28 Cases 1.7M - DEAD 101.2K - Same

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Centerleftfl For This Post:

christiefan915 (11-13-2019), domer76 (11-13-2019), Trumpet (11-12-2019)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,784 Times in 17,238 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,593 Times in 4,271 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    SO Biden, under the direction of, and in accordance with President Obama's the State Department, demanded a corrupt prosecutor be fired (because he was refusing to investigate corruption) in exchange for release of aid money. This prosecutor was NOT investigating Biden's son, as some have pretended to believe, there is zero evidence of that. The demand was public and not a secret. The State Department wanted the guy fired for failure to investigate corruption.

Then Trump, in secret, without the knowledge of his own State Department, and not in accordance with stated American Foreign Policy, orchestrates a campaign to tell Ukraine, using back channels, that they must investigate Trumps opponent, (four years after the public actions of Biden) almost as soon as it was clear Biden was the most likely Democratic nominee to go against Trump, in order to get the military assistance they needed to defend against Russia.

Now, lets add, clearly if what Biden did was illegal, what Trump did was also illegal. Why would trump ask for an investigation if he did not know it was illegal? If what Biden did was illegal, I think he should be prosecuted. If what Trump did was illegal, he should be impeached, removed and prosecuted. How could anyone disagree?

Trump commits a crime trying to get Biden investigated for the same type of crime, only it turns out what Biden did was not a crime because there was no personal benefit to Biden. Remember there is 0 evidence the son was investigated. IN fact they wanted this prosecutor fired because he was not investigating corruption intentionally turning a blind eye to corruption.
    What did Biden do that could be illegal? Nothing.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

christiefan915 (11-13-2019), domer76 (11-13-2019), Trumpet (11-12-2019)

9. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,183 Times in 13,933 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,051 Times in 2,846 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    What did Biden do that could be illegal? Nothing.
    That is the bottom line, Biden did nothing wrong or illegal

The whole thing is just a deflection, they know it, beginning tomorrow the GOP will attempt to resurrect the game plan that worked for them before, demonize a scapegoat, was Hillary, now Biden, it is obvious and is getting old

10. The Following User Groans At archives For This Awful Post:

Earl (11-13-2019)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

christiefan915 (11-13-2019)

12. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Jarod,

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post

Also add that Trump tried to cover it up. Remember? Right? He had it put on a top secret server, hoping nobody would know about the phone call. It was only after the WB came forward that anybody found out about it. Trump was trying to sweep it under the rug. And he had Yavonavich fired because she objected to working Ukraine over for this hoped-for announcement on CNN that Biden would be investigated.

The whole thing stinks like a dead red herring.

And the Republicans that you can actually talk to? The ones who don't immediately insult you if you don't agree with them? (I'm talking about people in real life, not posters here) They don't want to even LOOK at the evidence. I have tried to get any of the people I know to comment on it, none will. Even if I email the freaking link to the Taylor Opening Statement directly to them. They just clam up. Either they never looked at it or they pretend they missed it. Can't get a single Republican to comment on it. They just change the subject, want to talk about Biden, anything else. It's freaking creepy, OK? I mean, I can understand being conned. If they got taken in by a pro conman, that's no fault. They didn't stand a chance. But these people are self-conning. They refuse to look at information that implicates Trump. They don't want to see it, are afraid to see it.

I just don't understand how somebody can think they are well informed if there is forbidden information they simply refuse to even look at. And this is stuff from the main stream news! Talk about a con job. I thought most people were smart enough to know that when Trump called the main stream media the enemy of the people they would know that was BS. But NO! They apparently took it hook line and sinker, swallowed it all down. There can't be any problem only listening to one power junkie, right? Letting one person dictate your view FOR you. What's wrong with THAT? Right? That's the way they seem to think. I just don't get it. Freaking amazing. It's like they go out of their way to be misinformed.

This dovetails right in with how creepy it was back before the 2016 election, when Trump fans had this glassy-eyed look when they talk about him. I could clearly see that Trump had this Elvis-like adoration from the masses. And nothing seems to stick to him. He can do no wrong. Never has to answer for any of it. Goes through life screwing people left and right, figuratively and literally, and never has to be responsible for any of it, always walks away with more profits. It's really hard to see why so many people are fooled. What prevents ordinary people from seeing right through this fake? Musta been the TV show. People have some bizarre attraction to a bully figure. We have got to get rid of this cancer in our nation. What happened to the golden rule?
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

13. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (11-13-2019)

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

christiefan915 (11-13-2019), domer76 (11-13-2019), Jarod (11-12-2019), Tranquillus in Exile (11-13-2019), Trumpet (11-12-2019)

15. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I couldn't care less about Biden.

So what?

What if all the stupid conspiracy theories are true? What if Biden is really dirty?

No big. Go ahead and bring the evidence, make it stick, lock him up. So WHAT?

Dems have a LIST of better qualified candidates.

And as you say. If Biden is dirty then so is Trump.

Take Biden out, Take Trump out too.

I'm good with that. Put up or shut up.

Plenty more better candidates to chose from.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Jarod (11-12-2019), Trumpet (11-12-2019)

17. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,265 Times in 3,123 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 266 Times in 254 Posts

Did Trump Jr make millions in Ukraine not having any experience in gas or oil?
    Keep changing the names. It doesn't change the meaning.

Abortion
    Pro-Choice
    Women's rights
    Women's Health

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Irish For This Post:

Earl (11-13-2019)

19. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,183 Times in 13,933 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,051 Times in 2,846 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    Don't think so, no need, he's done that at home off of daddy's name, but if you think Biden's son did that show us where he did something illegal, or better yet, that Biden himself did something wrong or illegal

20. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

Trumpet (11-12-2019)

21. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,966 Times in 32,281 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

How can you claim what Biden did was illegal but what Trump did was not?
    versevisa......gandergoose.......etc.....

personally I think the difference is, Biden did it and bragged about it but lib'ruls ignore it.......Trump didn't do it and lib'ruls lied about it and look like idiots pretending they've proved it......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Darth Omar (11-12-2019), Earl (11-13-2019), Truth Detector (11-13-2019), Wolverine (11-13-2019)

23. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,966 Times in 32,281 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Plenty more better candidates to chose from.
    Bloomberg doesn't agree with you......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Earl (11-13-2019), Wolverine (11-13-2019)

25. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,870 Times in 21,642 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,675 Times in 5,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

How in the world is that relevant to this discussion?

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

26. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,784 Times in 17,238 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,593 Times in 4,271 Posts

You do not know what Hunter made. However, he was a lobbyist who had a good education and experience. The fact that he had connections was another good reason to hire him. He took the job. That is not a crime.

27. The Following User Groans At Nordberg For This Awful Post:

Earl (11-13-2019)

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

Trumpet (11-12-2019)

29. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

If Biden is dirty then so is Trump.

There is no evidence on Biden. That's all speculation. All talk and no burger.

There is plenty of evidence on Trump. No BS. We got the Red Meat.

The only reason Republicans are focusing on Biden is to distract THEMSELVES from Trump.

Their subconscious knows Trump is dirty, They just won't let themselves see the evidence that confirms it.

So they make up a bunch of garbage and try to make it all about Democrats.

"Oh the Democrats are being SO political."

Give yourselves a break, Trump fans.

Do ya know how dumb that sounds?

If you've got something real argue it.

Arguing process, refusing to look at the evidence?

That's BS.

How prejudiced can ya get?

30. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (11-13-2019)

31. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Trumpet (11-12-2019)

32. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

The glaring distinction between Biden and Trump is that the former *explicitly stated* his extortion—even boasted about it, whereas democrats are relying on opinions about the transcript to conjure up extortion lol.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Earl (11-13-2019)