Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What the Republi-cons don't want you to know about Ukraine extortion

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,593 Times in 4,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,203 Times in 1,060 Posts

Default What the Republi-cons don't want you to know about Ukraine extortion

In May the Ukraine met all benchmarks to receive cerification of anti-corruption.

Pentagon letter certified Ukraine had taken action to decrease corruption before White House blocked aid
    https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...on-to-decrease
    Also, the Trump administration was legally bound to file a formal reason for the holding up of funds to Ukraine which they did not.

So when the corrupt sociopaths of the GOP are banging their fists on the table in their feeble lying attempts to defend the indefensible, keep these things in mind and laugh at them for the clowns they are and scorn them for the traitors they are.
    Last edited by Cinnabar; 11-12-2019 at 03:35 PM.
    BLUEXIT
    A Modest Proposal For Separating Blue States From Red

Dear Red-State Trump Voter,
    Let’s face it, guys: We’re done.

It is a tragedy that so much of the work that so many men and women toiled at for so long to make this a better country, and a better world, has been thrown away, leaving us all in such needless peril.

This is why our separation in all but name is necessary.

https://newrepublic.com/article/1409...mp-red-america

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cinnabar For This Post:

LV426 (11-12-2019), ThatOwlWoman (11-12-2019), Trumpet (11-12-2019)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,410 Times in 10,039 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    In May the Ukraine met all benchmarks to receive cerification of anti-corruption.

Also, the Trump administration was legally bound to file a formal reason for the holding up of funds to Ukraine wheich they did not.

So when the corrupt sociopaths of the GOP are banging their fists on the table in their feeble lying attempts to defend the indefensible, keep these things in mind and laugh at them for the clowns they are and scorn them for the traitors they are.
    That's pretty devastating and establishes the frame of mind for Trump and the GOP; that they saw US aid as a means to achieve political attacks on their rivals, which is the core of this whole controversy, and it's what they did with Russia in 2016 against Clinton.

I hope every single Republican goes down with Trump...and if they don't, we have to make them.

BURN THE LIFEBOATS.

No Conservative can make it out of this decade with any political capital.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

Cinnabar (11-12-2019)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,593 Times in 4,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,203 Times in 1,060 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    That's pretty devastating and establishes the frame of mind for Trump and the GOP; that they saw US aid as a means to achieve political attacks on their rivals, which is the core of this whole controversy, and it's what they did with Russia in 2016 against Clinton.

I hope every single Republican goes down with Trump...and if they don't, we have to make them.

BURN THE LIFEBOATS.

No Conservative can make it out of this decade with any political capital.
    I couldn't agree more. They cannot be impeached but they can be brought up on charges on courts of law and the damned well should be!
    BLUEXIT
    A Modest Proposal For Separating Blue States From Red

Dear Red-State Trump Voter,
    Let’s face it, guys: We’re done.

It is a tragedy that so much of the work that so many men and women toiled at for so long to make this a better country, and a better world, has been thrown away, leaving us all in such needless peril.

This is why our separation in all but name is necessary.

https://newrepublic.com/article/1409...mp-red-america

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinnabar For This Post:

Trumpet (11-12-2019)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Also, the Trump administration was legally bound to file a formal reason for the holding up of funds to Ukraine wheich they did not.

The deadline was the end of fiscal year 2019 -Sept 30th which was met.
    It was held up pending Trump making sure Zelensky was oriented towards Kyiv, and not Russia (Russian nationalists)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Ukrainian efforts to sabotage Trump backfire
    Kiev officials are scrambling to make amends with the president-elect after quietly working to boost Clinton.
    https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...ackfire-233446

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I couldn't agree more. They cannot be impeached but they can be brought up on charges on courts of law and the damned well should be!
    The GOP has been a terrorist organization in support of white supremacy, dedicated to destroying the government because it wouldn't let them deny black people service at lunch counters.

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    Kiev officials are scrambling to make amends with the president-elect after quietly working to boost Clinton.
    It is a Rudy Colludy conspiracy theory that Ukraine was involved in the 2016 election interference your Russian friends committed.

When all this shit gets aired in public starting tomorrow, I fully expect you to change every single argument you make on the fly.

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The deadline was the end of fiscal year 2019 -Sept 30th which was met.
    It doesn't matter that the aid was eventually released, what matters is that it was held up in the first place.

Had the whistleblower not made this complaint, and had the witnesses not come forward, there's no reason to believe that aid would have been released.

STOP BULLSHITTING.

It was held up pending Drumpf making sure Zelensky was oriented towards Kyiv, and not Russia (Russian nationalists)
    First we were told the aid was not held up. Then you said the aid was held up because of "corruption". Now you're saying the aid was held up (that you said before wasn't) because of where Zalensky's loyalties lied, to Moscow or Kyiv.

So you moved the goalposts twice...and we haven't even gotten to the public testimony part.

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It is a Rudy Colludy conspiracy theory that Ukraine was involved in the 2016 election interference your Russian friends committed.

When all this shit gets aired in public starting tomorrow, I fully expect you to change every single argument you make on the fly.
    That is a Politico article and it's well sourced.
    Alexandra Chalupa (DNC operative -article) is on the Republican witness list.
    Of course Schiff will make sure none of this sees the light of transparency and testimony by allowing her testimony

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It doesn't matter that the aid was eventually released, what matters is that it was held up in the first place.
    Had the whistleblower not made this complaint, and had the witnesses not come forward, there's no reason to believe that aid would have been released.

First we were told the aid was not held up. Then you said the aid was held up because of "corruption". Now you're saying the aid was held up (that you said before wasn't) because of where Zalensky's loyalties lied, to Moscow or Kyiv.

So you moved the goalposts twice...and we haven't even gotten to the public testimony part.
    you cant understand the difference in held up or suspended -the aid was only temporarily suspended pending Trumps final OK. it was never "held up"
    You are unable to hold 2 or more concurrent thoughts in your mind -work on that and get back to me

14. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I;m so glad you linked to this because now comes the part where we utterly destroy your sole defense.

Buried as the lead sentence in the sixth paragraph of this article is this:

There’s little evidence of such a top-down effort by Ukraine.
    So the entire premise you're arguing, that Ukraine -not Russia- launched a systemic and coordinated attack against the GOP appears to be a load of horseshit.

And you thought that everyone would be as fucking lazy as you and not read the links.

Nothing in the link you shit out here describes Ukraine interfering in the election. Nothing. There's nothing in this entire article that says or indicates it.

Did Ukraine not like Trump? Yes, because of Trump's ties to Putin, which we all know about. But did Ukraine hack the Democrats' server for the Democrats so they could frame Russia for it, get Trump elected, only to maybe impeach him if they can win back the House in 2018? No...because that's fucking crazy.

So now, we are left with an either/or here...

Either there's a wide-ranging conspiracy involving hundreds -if not thousands- of people to not only pull all this off, but to coordinate the same response that doesn't change over time, between all our intelligence agencies, the FBI, the CIA, the State Department, the EU, our allies, Mueller, Obama, Clinton, Biden, the media, and the DNC...

Or you're a sucker who was grifted by a conman.

It's the latter, isn't it?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

Althea (11-12-2019)

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I;m so glad you linked to this because now comes the part where we utterly destroy your sole defense.

So the entire premise you're arguing, that Ukraine -not Russia- launched a systemic and coordinated attack against the GOP appears to be a load of horseshit.

And you thought that everyone would be as fucking lazy as you and not read the links.

Nothing in the link you shit out here describes Ukraine interfering in the election. Nothing. There's nothing in this entire article that says or indicates it.

Did Ukraine not like Trump? Yes, because of Trump's ties to Putin, which we all know about. But did Ukraine hack the Democrats' server for the Democrats so they could frame Russia for it, get Trump elected, only to maybe impeach him if they can win back the House in 2018? No...because that's fucking crazy.
    cherry picking is not going to do it for you.. I can do the same.
    the Ukrainian Embassy under Shulyar, said she instructed him to help Chalupa research connections between Trump, Manafort and Russia. “Oksana said that if I had any information, or knew other people who did, then I should contact Chalupa,” recalled Telizhenko, who is now a political consultant in Kiev. “They were coordinating an investigation with the Hillary team on Paul Manafort with Alexandra Chalupa,” he said, adding “Oksana was keeping it all quiet,” but “the embassy worked very closely with” Chalupa.
    "top down"means direct involvement with Poroshenko who did not need to be part of it -it was done mostly at the diplomatic level.

You can read the long article and learn the depths of collusion , or remain ignorant. makes no difference to me
    I'm going swimming either way now.

17. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,740 Times in 14,334 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Also, the Trump administration was legally bound to file a formal reason for the holding up of funds to Ukraine which they did not.

And the obvious one...Biden/U.N demanded the ouster of the corrupt Shokin for NOT investigating Mykola Zlochevsky.

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

Trumpet (11-12-2019)

19. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

That is a Politico article and it's well sourced.
    You didn't even read that politico article, did you?

You just saw it on some other right-winger's post and immediately assumed it helped you.

Guess what? IT FUCKING DOESN'T.

As they say in the sixth paragraph with regard to hacking:

Russia’s effort was personally directed by Russian President Vladimir Putin, involved the country’s military and foreign intelligence services, according to U.S. intelligence officials. They reportedly briefed Drumpf last week on the possibility that Russian operatives might have compromising information on the president-elect. And at a Senate hearing last week on the hacking, Director of National Intelligence James Clapper said “I don't think we've ever encountered a more aggressive or direct campaign to interfere in our election process than we've seen in this case.”

There’s little evidence of such a top-down effort by Ukraine.
    So what you're doing is exaggerating and lying, which is what you do here because that's your job. You're trying to say that Ukranian officials, who shared their concerns through the proper channels about Trump and his connection to Russia (WHICH ARE TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY TRUE, BTW) is the same as Russian trolls hacking into DNC servers to get e-mails to use in the campaign through a propaganda attack, coordinated with the Trump campaign (what Stone's currently on trial for) and the RNC.

You are placing a bet that people will be just as lazy as you are, and accept your bullshit as the truth.

'Alexandra Chalupa (DNC operative -article) is on the Republican witness list.
    Which has nothing to do with Trump extorting a foreign leader for political dirt on his opponents.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

Trumpet (11-12-2019)

21. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,740 Times in 14,334 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

So now, we are left with an either/or here...

Either there's a wide-ranging conspiracy involving hundreds -if not thousands- of people to not only pull all this off, but to coordinate the same response that doesn't change over time, between all our intelligence agencies, the FBI, the CIA, the State Department, the EU, our allies, Mueller, Obama, Clinton, Biden, the media, and the DNC...

Or you're a sucker who was grifted by a conman.

It's the latter, isn't it?
    Do you ever tire of ramming his garbage claims up his butt?

His laziness is surpassed only by his inability to comprehend simple concepts.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

Trumpet (11-12-2019)