Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What the Republi-cons don't want you to know about Ukraine extortion

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,029 Times in 14,525 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    And the obvious one...Biden/U.N demanded the ouster of the corrupt Shokin for NOT investigating Mykola Zlochevsky.

Zlochevsky expanded Burisma at the same time when he was Ukraine's environment minister, whose duties included issuing drilling licenses. After the bloody revolution on Kyiv's streets five years ago, Zlochevsky — like disgraced President Viktor Yanukovych — fled Ukraine.
    Sounds like trump. Making money from his position in the govt.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

Trumpet (11-12-2019)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,422 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    you cant understand the difference in held up or suspended -the aid was only temporarily suspended pending Trumps final OK. it was never "held up"
    Now you're trying to make a semantic argument between "suspended" and "held up" because you know you just stepped in it.

Had there not been the whistleblower complaint, and had there not been witnesses coming forward as they have, there is no reason to believe that aid would be released.

And if it was going to be released anyway, then that proves the quid pro quo...that Trump was trying to pressure Zalensky into publicly announcing investigations of his political rivals by dangling the aid Congress had already approved and verified.

Saying it was a negotiation tactic, proves the quid pro quo!

Wow.

You're not very good at this.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

Trumpet (11-12-2019)

5. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

it was never "held up"
    OMFG.

You said multiple times -including on this thread- that it was held up...in fact, you said it one post ago:

It was held up pending Trump making sure Zelensky was oriented towards Kyiv, and not Russia (Russian nationalists)
    So it wasn't "held up", except you say it was "held up", but when you say "held up", you don't mean "held up", because words have no meaning anymore and you can't be expected to remember your position from post-to-post.

Maybe you meant to post this under one of your different IDs...that way you can give yourself plausible deniability.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (11-12-2019), Trumpet (11-12-2019)

7. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yanno, I hate to come here on my first post, and bust people's bubbles, but if President Trump were as obviously guilty as the left here is trying to assert, Pence would already be President and Trump would be wearing Striped Pajamas.
    The Truth is, that withholding aid to a country is not illegal. It is Trump's prerogative. In fact, Quid pro quo isn't illegal, either.
    Now, if anyone here can be honest with themselves, which I doubt, and put their hatred aside, riddle me this. It is obvious to the neutral observer, that the left has been lying and spinning ever since Trump was duly elected, much the same way the right reacted to Obama, just not as rabidly. The talk of impeachment was leveled BEFORE the 2016 General Election. Apparently, something triggered the left into a meltdown. Why?
    As an Independent, I am one of the ones who elected President Trump. We all know that no President can be elected without aid from the Independents. I have watched as the left continues to alienate and marginalize the Indy Voters. We are becoming more and more irritated at the left. For three years, all y'all have done is cry about Trump. Do you remember the left's reaction to the Hillary Loss? Screaming rooms, safe spaces, Newscasters Crying tears, college kids melting down across the country. And all the Chicken Littles screaming "The Sky is Falling! The Sky is Falling!" Guess what? The Sky didn't fall. In fact, the American Worker is much better off, now.
    Yep, the only one in Washington doing anything for the American People is Trump. The Republicans sit on their hands, thinking of ways to battle the Left. The Dems are obsessed with Impeaching Trump, and have neglected their Duties to their constituents. They should be working on Immigration and Border Security, Infrastructure, Energy Policy, Health care, and any other pressing issue facing American Families. But for three years, they've been chasing their tails.
    I am no genius and even I know this Impeachment Nonsense is going NOWHERE. You should recognize that too, and get ready, since no sitting President has ever been removed by Impeachment, and No Incumbent President has ever been voted out, under a Booming Economy and the economy is Booming.
    But, I guess you can Dream On. It is your right.

8. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

he Ukrainian Embassy under Shulyar, said she instructed him to help Chalupa research connections between Drumpf, Manafort and Russia. “Oksana said that if I had any information, or knew other people who did, then I should contact Chalupa,” recalled Telizhenko, who is now a political consultant in Kiev. “They were coordinating an investigation with the Hillary team on Paul Manafort with Alexandra Chalupa,” he said, adding “Oksana was keeping it all quiet,” but “the embassy worked very closely with” Chalupa.
    How is this "election interference"? It's not. And Paul Manafort is currently sitting in jail for his illegal Ukraine schemes.

So you're exaggerating and embellishing to try and manipulate people into thinking Ukraine did what Russia did in 2016; hack and troll and interfere. But then you go and post a quote from an article that doesn't say they did any of that.

"top down"means direct involvement with Poroshenko who did not need to be part of it -it was done mostly at the diplomatic level.
    So you're moving the bar on "election interference".

First, your claim was that Ukraine interfered in the election.

Then, you softly moved that goalpost back to include an investigation of someone who is currently sitting in prison for crimes specifically related to Ukraine.

So your definition of "election interference" seems to be as fungible as your IDs.

ou can read the long article and learn the depths of collusion , or remain ignorant. makes no difference to me
    I'm going swimming either way now.
    LMAO! BHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

First of all, bullshit that you're going swimming.

Secondly, how convenient that the moment we start picking apart the sole piece of evidence you think supports you, you have to leave.

Hmmm. Funny, that. What a coincidence! The moment you can't argue that Ukraine did what Russia did in 2016, you have to leave all of a sudden and you appeal to the authority of the article that you haven't read.

9. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by tiny1 View Post
    Yanno, I hate to come here on my first post, and bust people's bubbles, but if President Trump were as obviously guilty as the left here is trying to assert, Pence would already be President and Trump would be wearing Striped Pajamas.
    The Truth is, that withholding aid to a country is not illegal. It is Trump's prerogative. In fact, Quid pro quo isn't illegal, either.
    Now, if anyone here can be honest with themselves, which I doubt, and put their hatred aside, riddle me this. It is obvious to the neutral observer, that the left has been lying and spinning ever since Trump was duly elected, much the same way the right reacted to Obama, just not as rabidly. The talk of impeachment was leveled BEFORE the 2016 General Election. Apparently, something triggered the left into a meltdown. Why?
    As an Independent, I am one of the ones who elected President Trump. We all know that no President can be elected without aid from the Independents. I have watched as the left continues to alienate and marginalize the Indy Voters. We are becoming more and more irritated at the left. For three years, all y'all have done is cry about Trump. Do you remember the left's reaction to the Hillary Loss? Screaming rooms, safe spaces, Newscasters Crying tears, college kids melting down across the country. And all the Chicken Littles screaming "The Sky is Falling! The Sky is Falling!" Guess what? The Sky didn't fall. In fact, the American Worker is much better off, now.
    Yep, the only one in Washington doing anything for the American People is Trump. The Republicans sit on their hands, thinking of ways to battle the Left. The Dems are obsessed with Impeaching Trump, and have neglected their Duties to their constituents. They should be working on Immigration and Border Security, Infrastructure, Energy Policy, Health care, and any other pressing issue facing American Families. But for three years, they've been chasing their tails.
    I am no genius and even I know this Impeachment Nonsense is going NOWHERE. You should recognize that too, and get ready, since no sitting President has ever been removed by Impeachment, and No Incumbent President has ever been voted out, under a Booming Economy and the economy is Booming.
    Dukkha/Anatta, if you're going to just create new IDs because you burned through your credibility, don't do it right after you say you're leaving the thread!

10. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Do you ever tire of ramming his garbage claims up his butt?

His laziness is surpassed only by his inability to comprehend simple concepts.
    I don't tire of it because I never tire of smashing Nazi assholes.

They just make it really easy for me, and it's disappointing.

11. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Can you imagine being anatta and being so humiliated by me that you go through the steps of manufacturing a brand new ID here just to insert into a thread you're losing?

It's obvious dukkha...you say you're "going swimming" and then this new ID shows up in this thread that just so happens to argue all the same shit points you've been arguing this entire time, but in a different "voice" because you think it's authentic?

There's no reason any NOOB would just wander onto this thread and make it such a point that we shouldn't force the issue because it'll drive independents from the Democrats (shades of your #Walkaway from last year, a hashtag you shared, Dukkha) unless it was Anatta trying to get off the awkwardness of:

1. Saying the aid was held up, then saying it wasn't held up literally one post later.

2. Not reading the article that actually doesn't show any election interference by Ukraine, but was rather quite prescient when it came to Manafort, who is now sitting in prison for...wait for it...his Ukraine schemes and plots, like you quoted in this article.

Why are you hitting yourself?

12. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,593 Times in 4,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,203 Times in 1,060 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Dukkha/Anatta, if you're going to just create new IDs because you burned through your credibility, don't do it right after you say you're leaving the thread!

BLUEXIT
    A Modest Proposal For Separating Blue States From Red

Dear Red-State Trump Voter,
    Let’s face it, guys: We’re done.

It is a tragedy that so much of the work that so many men and women toiled at for so long to make this a better country, and a better world, has been thrown away, leaving us all in such needless peril.

This is why our separation in all but name is necessary.

https://newrepublic.com/article/1409...mp-red-america

13. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Did you really, really, really think that this was going to fool anyone?

That some rando just so happens to register for JPP, and happens to find themselves on my thread, which wasn't even at the top of the thread list at the time, posts just one time in the same thread dukkha made an ass of themselves, that is turned off by the Democrats' attempt to hold Trump and the GOP accountable...not unlike what Dukkha was doing last year with the #Walkaway, trying to dissuade Democrats by pretending that holding Conservatives accountable would backlash at the polls.

None of this is convincing, Anatta.

14. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,593 Times in 4,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,203 Times in 1,060 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Did you really, really, really think that this was going to fool anyone?

That some rando just so happens to register for JPP, and happens to find themselves on my thread, which wasn't even at the top of the thread list at the time, posts just one time in the same thread dukkha made an ass of themselves, that is turned off by the Democrats' attempt to hold Trump and the GOP accountable...not unlike what Dukkha was doing last year with the #Walkaway, trying to dissuade Democrats by pretending that holding Conservatives accountable would backlash at the polls.

None of this is convincing, Anatta.
    Haven't gotten a response from this new poster yet? lmao
    BLUEXIT
    A Modest Proposal For Separating Blue States From Red

Dear Red-State Trump Voter,
    Let’s face it, guys: We’re done.

It is a tragedy that so much of the work that so many men and women toiled at for so long to make this a better country, and a better world, has been thrown away, leaving us all in such needless peril.

This is why our separation in all but name is necessary.

https://newrepublic.com/article/1409...mp-red-america

15. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,385 Times in 53,267 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    In May the Ukraine met all benchmarks to receive cerification of anti-corruption.
    Also, the Trump administration was legally bound to file a formal reason for the holding up of funds to Ukraine which they did not.
    So when the corrupt sociopaths of the GOP are banging their fists on the table in their feeble lying attempts to defend the indefensible, keep these things in mind and laugh at them for the clowns they are and scorn them for the traitors they are.
    Won't it be fun to see how they manage to spin *this*?
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Cinnabar (11-12-2019)

17. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

In time he will be wearing Striped Pajamas

18. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Won't it be fun to see how they manage to spin *this*?
    I don't know about spinning, but I think that their tactic will be deflect and distract.

19. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,385 Times in 53,267 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    I don't know about spinning, but I think that their tactic will be deflect and distract.
    They've had plenty of practice with that.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

20. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Trumpet (11-13-2019)