Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast

Thread: OK Boomer

1. #241 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,341 Times in 5,714 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 374 Times in 355 Posts

Baby boomers are the fabric of this country, and deserve respect accordingly

forced to watch whatever it is going on today, the erosion of morality, the me me me mentality.

that's what #MAGA means. we don't have to turn back everything, just the erosion of self respect and duty to country
    This just In::: Trump indicted for living in liberals heads and not paying RENT

C̶N̶N̶ SNN.... Shithole News Network

Trump Is Coming back to a White House Near you

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Getin the ring For This Post:

Truth Detector (11-13-2019)

3. #242 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,422 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    You’re being a big fucking baby here, blaming whatever word you have on somebody else.
    hen you trash your own parents.
    Despite whether I agree with you on other topics, you’re fucked up on this one.
    My parents have nothing to do with this, since they were both born before 1946. But they do get suckered by the same things their (slightly) younger contemporaries do.

They both recognize that Boomers suck; plenty of Boomers are like, "yeah, we suck...sorry." they don't have the same sense of generational solidarity that you do...so why do you have it? I don't know how you can look at the last 40 years of this country and think "yeah...right track, America!"
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

4. #243 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,316 Times in 10,506 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,917 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    My parents have nothing to do with this, since they were both born before 1946. But they do get suckered by the same things their (slightly) younger contemporaries do.

They both recognize that Boomers suck; plenty of Boomers are like, "yeah, we suck...sorry." they don't have the same sense of generational solidarity that you do...so why do you have it? I don't know how you can look at the last 40 years of this country and think "yeah...right track, America!"
    Get some help for your anger issues.

5. #244 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Tell me what my conventional wisdom is and we can go from there. Until then, stop making generalizations about me based on the year in which I was born.
    The Prosperity Gospel, for starters.

The delusion that if you work hard, obey the law, and pay your taxes, that you can achieve any level of success you want.

We know that's not true at all; instead, America is the least economically mobile nation of all advanced countries and economies. THE LEAST.

So would you agree that the conventional wisdom of working hard, following the rules, and paying taxes will let you achieve any level of success you want, is bogus based on the above link (it's to a Politifact of Jeb Bush who claimed the same thing, and they rated it true and it contains links to several studies that back that up)?

6. #245 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Getin the ring View Post
    that's what #MAGA means. we don't have to turn back everything, just the erosion of self respect and duty to country
    You can start by voting all Republicans out.

7. #246 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Confront your own shortcomings.

8. #247 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,316 Times in 10,506 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,917 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Confront your own shortcomings.
    I already gave you my brief biography.

We’re done on this one. Move on.

9. #248 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

And again, rather than confront the fact that you're not as special and wonderful as you think, it's something wrong with the person pointing that shit out.

Don't want to confront the fact that the wealthy have hoarded wealth by not working hard and that they should be taxed since they're not trickling down? No, no, it's you
    who is jealous.

Don't want to confront the fact that your generation is really a wasteland of fat, entitled sponges who leeched off their parents and will leach off their kids in retirement? No, no, it's you who has anger issues.

All I see is a generation of whiners who are too afraid to confront the harsh truth that they're not the special little angels entitled to everything that they were raised as.

Boomers grew up with no major economic catastrophe, no major world war...relative peace and prosperity secured through the efforts of the true Greatest Generation that survived the Depression, won WWII, desegregated the South, developed and distributed vaccines, made college cheap and accessible, created Medicare and Social Security, and put us on the moon. And how does the Boomer generation thank them? By cutting their social security, by destroying the economy, by quagmiring us in unwinnable wars, by inflating numerous economic bubbles to make that instant gratification, and by destroying the fucking planet.

So yeah...why aren't you angry about any of that?

10. #249 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I already gave you my brief biography.
    We’re done on this one. Move on.
    And as I said, I don't blame you personally for the shit your generation has done.

But what I -and most people not in your generation- would like is acknowledgement that the Boomers aren't all they're cracked up to be, and actually caused far more damage than anything they did to improve people's lives.

11. #250 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,265 Times in 3,123 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 266 Times in 254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul View Post
    Speak for yourself. Both my children are more adult than I was at their ages.
    I was, I am a millennial. I am glad you raised them right.
    Keep changing the names. It doesn't change the meaning.

Abortion
    Pro-Choice
    Women's rights
    Women's Health

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Irish For This Post:

MAGA MAN (11-13-2019), Sailor (11-13-2019)

13. #251 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    I was, I am a millennial. I am glad you raised them right.
    There was a big liberal movement back in the 50s-60's which was basically "let your children find themselves" bullshit. My mom followed it and my dad was too busy working to keep us all housed and fed.

When our kids were babies my wife and I read a research article that documented the parenting style that had developed highly successful people. They found a commonality, where the father had been a sever disciplinarian, some had described tyrannical, while the mother had been strict but nurturing. So that's how we raised our kids.

There were several of my son's friends too afraid to come in the house, lol.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MAGA MAN For This Post:

Irish (11-13-2019), Sailor (11-13-2019), Truth Detector (11-13-2019)

15. #252 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,614 Times in 17,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

There was a big liberal movement back in the 50s-60's which was basically "let your children find themselves" bullshit. My mom followed it and my dad was too busy working to keep us all housed and fed.

When our kids were babies my wife and I read a research article that documented the parenting style that had developed highly successful people. They found a commonality, where the father had been a sever disciplinarian, some had described tyrannical, while the mother had been strict but nurturing. So that's how we raised our kids.

My father was a WWII vet. I was brought up to get whatever I wanted by working and earning it. I'm far from rich, but I'm comfortable.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

Sailor (11-13-2019), Truth Detector (11-13-2019)

17. #253 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Getin the ring View Post
    Baby boomers are the fabric of this country, and deserve respect accordingly

forced to watch whatever it is going on today, the erosion of morality, the me me me mentality.

Kaboomers were the erosion of public morality and the propagation of the me mentality.

18. #254 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,634 Times in 9,300 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Boomers are "The Greatest Generation"
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

19. #255 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,265 Times in 3,123 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 266 Times in 254 Posts

That's how I was raised too. Good on ya!
    Keep changing the names. It doesn't change the meaning.

Abortion
    Pro-Choice
    Women's rights
    Women's Health

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Irish For This Post:

MAGA MAN (11-13-2019), RB 60 (11-13-2019), Sailor (11-13-2019)