This is a serious question, not a provocative one. How can you just join a 'private' lawsuit. This isn't TRUMP staff joining together, this was Bolton's case and Kupperman's cases. I'm not sure if they are joined. Kupperman was Bolton's aide. This is not an amicus brief (friend of the court). Apparently there was NO amity between the 2, they weren't talking when Bolton left. Can he save MONEY? Same situation, both fighting or wanting to appear via subpoena? But each subpoena has a different name on it. I don't get any of this. Remember Bolton supposedly wants to talk. I don't think Mulvaney does.

I like to try and follow along. This one is WAAAAY over my 'civilian' understand of the law. Forget gaming it out.

House Democrats, ex-Bolton aide ask judge to block Mulvaney from joining lawsuit

BY HARPER NEIDIG - 11/11/19 02:31 PM EST 3,758

House Democrats and former deputy national security adviser Charles Kupperman separately asked a federal judge on Monday to block President Trump's acting chief of staff from intervening in a lawsuit over subpoenas related to the House's impeachment inquiry.

Trump's top aide, Mick Mulvaney, had filed a motion in D.C. District Court on Friday seeking to join Kupperman's lawsuit over a subpoena in order to fight the House Intelligence Committee's efforts to compel his own testimony.

But Democrats argued that the original lawsuit is moot since they withdrew the subpoena directing Kupperman to testify.

Kupperman also filed a brief on Monday opposing Mulvaney's motion arguing that he should be directed to file a separate lawsuit.

The Democrats wrote in their filing that even if the case was not moot at this point, Mulvaney and Kupperman are in very different circumstances.

"While Kupperman seeks a declaration from this Court as to whether he should comply with his subpoena or follow the President’s directive, Mulvaney seeks only a declaration that the House Defendants cannot compel him to comply with his subpoena or take any action against him if he does not," they wrote. "Unlike Kupperman, Mulvaney does not state that he would comply with his subpoena if this Court rejects the claimed absolute immunity."....

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4...y-from-joining

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...dce_story.html