Thread: Can't Make This Stuff Up. Trump Decried 'Secret Hearings,' Now Decrys Public Hearings

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Can't Make This Stuff Up. Trump Decried 'Secret Hearings,' Now Decrys Public Hearings

Trump in October:

"Democrats are allowing no transparency at the Witch Hunt hearings. If Republicans ever did this they would be excoriated by the Fake News. Let the facts come out from the charade of people, most of whom I do not know, they are interviewing for 9 hours each, not selective leaks."

The Hill: Trump hits Democrats over private hearings

Trump now, one month later, in November:

"They shouldn't be having public hearings. This is a hoax," Trump told reporters on the White House's South Lawn.

"The president's remarks represented a direct contradiction to those he and congressional Republicans have made about the inquiry that has so far played out privately in a secure room in the basement of the Capitol. For the first time next week, [now THIS week] the inquiry will turn from a process shrouded in secrecy to one that will undoubtedly become a TV spectacle available for everyone to see."

Trump Calls Public Hearings 'A Hoax'
    Last edited by PoliTalker; 11-11-2019 at 04:53 PM.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

christiefan915 (11-11-2019), Cinnabar (11-11-2019), Cypress (11-11-2019), domer76 (11-11-2019), Guno צְבִי (11-11-2019), John Barron (11-11-2019)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

If ya don't like what Trump says, just wait.

If you wait long enough he will say the opposite.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (11-11-2019)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Maybe if Trump insults the Impeachment Process enough it will just go away.

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

If you are a Trump fan, Trump must think you are a total idiot.

He thinks he can tell you one thing one month; and then the exact opposite a month later and you'll be just fine with it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (11-11-2019)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,646 Times in 10,702 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 618 Times in 607 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Trump in October:

"Democrats are allowing no transparency at the Witch Hunt hearings. If Republicans ever did this they would be excoriated by the Fake News. Let the facts come out from the charade of people, most of whom I do not know, they are interviewing for 9 hours each, not selective leaks."

"They shouldn't be having public hearings. This is a hoax," Trump told reporters on the White House's South Lawn.

"The president's remarks represented a direct contradiction to those he and congressional Republicans have made about the inquiry that has so far played out privately in a secure room in the basement of the Capitol. For the first time next week, the inquiry will turn from a process shrouded in secrecy to one that will undoubtedly become a TV spectacle available for everyone to see."

MORE LIES about what Pres.Trump actually said....AS USUAL.
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,511 Times in 4,834 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,798 Times in 1,605 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grokmaster View Post
    MORE LIES about what Pres.Trump actually said....AS USUAL.
    As USUAL numbnuts he says it is a HOAX. Public/private. Doesn't matter. WITCH HUNT/HOAX. He only has 2 phrases at his command. A room full of speech writers on his payroll and the most he can muster is the same 2 TIRED phrases over and over.

And now we go PUBLIC.
    WK1 3/28-/4 _Cases 301k--Dead 18.1k Lethality 2.72%
    WK2 4/5-/13 _Cases 555k--Dead 22.1K Lethality 3.9%
    WK3 4/20-/21 Cases 774k -Dead 37.2K Lethality 4.8%
    WK4 4/22-/29 Cases 1M --Dead 58.8K Lethality 5.9%
    WK5 5/1-/8__ Cases 1.3M -Dead 75.7K Lethality 6.1%
    WK6 5/9-16__Cases 1.4M --Dead 85.8K Lethality 6.1%
    WK7 5/17-24_Cases 1.7M - Dead 97.6K Lethality 5.9%
    WK8 5/28 Cases 1.7M - DEAD 101.2K - Same

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Centerleftfl For This Post:

christiefan915 (11-11-2019), domer76 (11-11-2019), PoliTalker (11-11-2019)

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

I still want to know when those 'Secret Hearings' took place

what is this fuckin idiot talking about?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to reagansghost For This Post:

PoliTalker (11-11-2019)

14. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Most people don't like being lied to. When you have a leader who says the 'secret hearings' should be public, and then, when granted exactly what he asked for, then tries to tell you the public hearings are 'a hoax,' then most people understand they are being lied to.

You really have to either BE really dumb, or pretend you are to let something like that pass and not have your intelligence offended.

What you have to be is prejudiced.

It would take somebody with a closed mind to accept Trump's word that these open hearings are 'a hoax.' That's just escapism. These hearings are quite real. Of that there can be no doubt.

What's really going on is Trump has no defense.

If he had a good defense he would be out with it. He would be tweeting up one side and down the other.

No. He has nothing. That's why he is attacking the process itself instead of challenging the evidence or offering an alibi.

Attacking process is what you do when you have no defense.

The President has no defense and all the Republicans are afraid to say so.

It's pretty pathetic how low that party has sunk. Livin on lies.

15. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,511 Times in 4,834 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,798 Times in 1,605 Posts
    Blog Entries

If you are a Trump fan, Trump must think you are a total idiot.

He thinks he can tell you one thing one month; and then the exact opposite a month later and you'll be just fine with it.
    In a month? I've never seen anyone in real life or on 'the TV' who can counter his own declarations in the same sentence. It's amazing. The man has no FILTER for logic or any other intellectual filter. None.
    WK1 3/28-/4 _Cases 301k--Dead 18.1k Lethality 2.72%
    WK2 4/5-/13 _Cases 555k--Dead 22.1K Lethality 3.9%
    WK3 4/20-/21 Cases 774k -Dead 37.2K Lethality 4.8%
    WK4 4/22-/29 Cases 1M --Dead 58.8K Lethality 5.9%
    WK5 5/1-/8__ Cases 1.3M -Dead 75.7K Lethality 6.1%
    WK6 5/9-16__Cases 1.4M --Dead 85.8K Lethality 6.1%
    WK7 5/17-24_Cases 1.7M - Dead 97.6K Lethality 5.9%
    WK8 5/28 Cases 1.7M - DEAD 101.2K - Same

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Centerleftfl For This Post:

PoliTalker (11-11-2019)

17. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,112 Times in 11,685 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,352 Posts
    Blog Entries

Trump in October:

"The president's remarks represented a direct contradiction to those he and congressional Republicans have made about the inquiry that has so far played out privately in a secure room in the basement of the Capitol. For the first time next week, [now THIS week] the inquiry will turn from a process shrouded in secrecy to one that will undoubtedly become a TV spectacle available for everyone to see."

He's making fun of their 'public hearings'. Wow...that one went right over your head!