Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: 8 times Obama offered quid pro quo for U.S. foreign aid

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,341 Times in 5,714 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 374 Times in 355 Posts

Trump outwitted them.. again

now we're talking about Hunter Biden, quid pro joe, the DNC server. And all right before William Barr releases details of his "criminal investigation".
    which should be any day now

In all things politics it's all about the timing
    This just In::: Trump indicted for living in liberals heads and not paying RENT

C̶N̶N̶ SNN.... Shithole News Network

Trump Is Coming back to a White House Near you

2. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zymurgy View Post
    Hunter Biden is not a political rival.
    Diversion. The WHOLE Republican Strategy is to pretend this is about 'Corruption'.
    The REALITY, which is plain to EVERYONE, is that this is targeted at a Political Rival, Joe Biden.

It's not just about the Military Aid anymore. It's about who would attend Zelensky's Inauguration as President of Ukraine. And, a visit to the White House. All contingent on if Zelensky would publicly announce an Investigation of the Bidens.

"Giuliani Associate Claims He Dangled Pence’s Attendance at Zelensky’s Inauguration to Force Biden Investigation"
    https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...investigation/

Zymurgy. Stop listening to Arminius the Clown. You'll become as stupid as he is. (is that what you want?)

3. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,286 Times in 10,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,908 Times in 4,224 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    you lie or you didn't read or you can't read or Rachel Maddow left something out

take your pick
    Right here, illiterate cunt. But you won’t get it any more than the other citations I’ve given you.

Transcript

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/09/25/p...all/index.html

“I would like you to do us a favor though because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a lot about it. I would like you to find out what happened with this whole situation with Ukraine, they say Crowdstrike... I guess you have one of your wealthy people... The server, they say Ukraine has it. There are a lot of things that went on, the whole situation. I think you're surrounding yourself with some of the same people. I would like to have the Attorney General call you or your people and I would like you to get to the bottom of it.”

“The other thing, There's a lot of talk about Biden's son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great. Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if you can look into it... It sounds horrible to me.”

4. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,625 Times in 9,293 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Arminius View Post
    So, if every president for generations has done this, and Obama did more than most...did they all need to be impeached, Obama top among them...or are Democrats just arbitrarily inventing another blatantly dishonest new standard out of thin air for only Trump to follow?

Attachment 12553

8 times the Obama administration put conditions on foreign aid

"Israel

In September 2016, Obama and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu negotiated the largest U.S. military aid package to Israel in history. As part of the deal, Israel was guaranteed $38 billion in military aid over a decade, but the generous package also came with a few conditions designed to keep Israel dependent on the U.S. for its defense capabilities. In exchange for the aid, Israel had to promise not to seek any additional funds from Congress for the duration of the aid package, and it had to relinquish a special arrangement that allowed Israel to use U.S. aid dollars on developing its own domestic defense industry instead of buying exclusively from America.

Egypt

The Obama administration temporarily cut off military aid to Egypt after its democratically-elected president Mohamed Morsi, who had strong links to the Muslim Brotherhood, was deposed in coup led by current president Abdeh Fattah el-Sisi in 2013.

Obama urged that Morsi’s opponents should use “legal, legitimate” processes to remove him instead of lining up tanks in front of the presidential palace. Though some in Congress, including Democratic Vermont Senator Patrick Leahy, argued to completely cut off foreign aid to Egypt, Obama declined to fully describe Morsi’s ouster as a coup, and aid was restored soon after Morsi was removed from power and the coup leaders solidified their position.

Pakistan

The U.S withheld $300 million in aid to Pakistan in August 2016 in retaliation for what the U.S. deemed to be an inadequate effort to suppress Taliban-affiliated militants operating out of Pakistan, who were crossing the border into neighboring Afghanistan. The groups operating out of Pakistan were a primary source of concern for the security of Afghanistan, and some U.S. military officials claimed that the terrorist groups had links with Pakistani intelligence.

The aid that was cut off was part of the Coalition Support Funds (CSF) program. Under the program, the U.S. reimbursed Pakistan for its aid in U.S. operations in Afghanistan and supported Pakistan’s operations against militants in its own territory. The U.S. previously withheld $800 million in aid to Pakistan after the raid in 2011 on Pakistani soil that resulted in the death of Osama bin Laden. The billions of dollars that the U.S. has reimbursed Pakistan since 2001 have been critical to the maintenance of the Pakistani armed forces.

Bangladesh

Obama removed trade incentives to Bangladesh in 2013 because of the working conditions for the country’s garment workers. Bangladesh was expelled from the Generalized System of Preferences (GSP) program, which was created in 1976 to aid economic development in poor countries and reduce import costs to the U.S.

The GSP aid to Bangladesh was small, only about $2 million in duties was spared on $35 million worth of goods while Bangladesh annually pays $732 million in duties on $4.9 billion in clothing goods, but the cessation of the GSP program would have also caused tax hikes in important Bangladeshi industries like plastics.

The cut in aid was prompted by two deadly incidents in the Bangladeshi garment industry in 2012 and 2013. In November 2012, a fire in a garment factory killed 112 people, and in April 2013 a garment factory collapsed, killing 1,132 people.

Colombia

Obama attached $450 million in aid to Colombia in order to incentivize a peace treaty between the Colombian government and the FARC rebels in 2016. The Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC) had been in rebellion against the Colombian government since 1964. Obama also promised $33 million to find land mines strewn across the country and to pressure the international community for more aid if peace was reached.

The U.S. previously supplied over $10 billion in military and economic aid to Colombia from 2000 to 2015. Increased U.S. aid to Colombia was seen as pivotal as a condition for successful peace negotiation after three failed attempts at negotiations and a cut to the Colombian government’s budget of more than 20% after a plunge in oil prices. The peace plan was ratified in November 2016.

Uganda

Obama suggested in February 2014 that Uganda’s aid from the United States would be in jeopardy if the country adopted an anti-homosexual bill. Homosexuality was already illegal in Uganda, but the new legislation would have increased the penalty for being homosexual to life in prison. Additionally, the bill also made it a crime to not report homosexuals to the authorities. The bill also brought lesbians under the purview of Uganda’s anti-homosexual law for the first time.

While initially hesitant to sign the bill, Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni announced that he intended to sign it. In response, Obama said that passage of the bill would “complicate our valued relationship with Uganda,” and a senior official in the administration said that the U.S. would review its aid package to Uganda if the bill passed. The U.S. sent more than $400 million in aid to Uganda in 2014. Though Museveni signed the law in February 2014, the Ugandan Supreme Court ruled it invalid on procedural grounds in August 2014.

Nigeria

The Obama administration threatened to cut off aid to Nigeria if the country passed an anti-homosexual bill in 2011. The bill criminalized same-sex relationships and levied a prison sentence of up to 14 years on those convicted of homosexuality.

Nigerians, who overwhelmingly disapprove of homosexuality, reacted negatively to Obama’s threat. One Nigerian lawmaker said, “We have a culture. We have religious beliefs and we have a tradition. We are black people. We are not white, and so the U.S cannot impose its culture on us. Same sex marriage is alien to our culture and we can never give it a chance. So if [Western nations] withhold their aid to us, to hell with them.”

The anti-homosexual bill was delayed in the Nigerian Congress until 2014 when President Goodluck Jonathan signed it into law.

Ukraine

The Obama-era “quid pro quo” that has had the greatest impact on Trump’s presidency is the threat from Joe Biden to withhold a $1 billion loan to Ukraine in exchange for the ouster of a prosecutor Biden accused of corruption [who just happened to be investigating Biden's obscenely corrupt, illegal influence-selling son]. Joe Biden even bragged about the “quid pro quo” at an event held by the Council on Foreign Relations in January 2018:

I remember going over (to Ukraine), convincing our team … that we should be providing for loan guarantees. … And I was supposed to announce that there was another billion-dollar loan guarantee. And I had gotten a commitment from (then Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko) and from (then-Prime Minister Arseniy) Yatsenyuk that they would take action against the state prosecutor (Shokin). And they didn’t. …

They were walking out to a press conference. I said, nah, … we’re not going to give you the billion dollars. They said, ‘You have no authority. You’re not the president.’ … I said, call him. I said, I’m telling you, you’re not getting the billion dollars. I said, you’re not getting the billion. … I looked at them and said, ‘I’m leaving in six hours. If the prosecutor is not fired, you’re not getting the money.’ Well, son of a bitch. He got fired. And they put in place someone who was solid at the time.

Trump and his allies claim that the prosecutor’s firing was demanded in order to protect Hunter Biden and his business dealings in Ukraine from the prying eyes of the prosecutor who was investigating corruption. Biden claims that he pressured President Poroshenko to get rid of the prosecutor because he did not pursue corruption cases hard enough.

A version of trading U.S. aid for good behavior is even enshrined in U.S. law. Leahy Laws have been in effect since as early as 1997 and have been a part of the Foreign Assistance Act since 2008. Under the Leahy Laws, The Department of State and the Department of Defense are prohibited form providing military aid to foreign military forces that have a record of violating human rights. The U.S. does not publicly reveal which foreign military units it has cut off from aid under the Leahy Laws."
    40404084_2044747138876917_2088818483545505792_n.jpg
    Another give Trump a pass threads
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

5. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,625 Times in 9,293 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Getin the ring View Post
    Trump outwitted them.. again

now we're talking about Hunter Biden, quid pro joe, the DNC server. And all right before William Barr releases details of his "criminal investigation".
    which should be any day now

In all things politics it's all about the timing
    Trump like yourself is a witless bullshiter
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

6. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,554 Times in 2,628 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 216 Times in 211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Diversion. The WHOLE Republican Strategy is to pretend this is about 'Corruption'.
    The REALITY, which is plain to EVERYONE, is that this is targeted at a Political Rival, Joe Biden.

It's not just about the Military Aid anymore. It's about who would attend Zelensky's Inauguration as President of Ukraine. And, a visit to the White House. All contingent on if Zelensky would publicly announce an Investigation of the Bidens.

"Giuliani Associate Claims He Dangled Pence’s Attendance at Zelensky’s Inauguration to Force Biden Investigation"

Zymurgy. Stop listening to Arminius the Clown. You'll become as stupid as he is. (is that what you want?)
    diversion

democrats lost. this whole thing is about them losing

you are a shit stain. stop giving me advice - you are a joke here

7. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Havana Moon View Post
    I have said this a few times, every president has done the same ffs. That's why the Dems will end up bitterly regretting unleashing the dogs of Hell, it's their arses that will get bitten.
    So that means it's good if Trump gets impeached and removed, right? It will set the precedent that this is not acceptable anymore.

8. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I'm trying to help you. Don't be a Stooge.

diversion

democrats lost. this whole thing is about them losing

you are a shit stain. stop giving me advice - you are a joke here

9. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I'm trying to help you. Don't be a Stooge.
    you should worry about your own ass shit stain

you leave a trail of smell in every forum you touch.

10. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,098 Times in 11,671 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,352 Posts
    Blog Entries

re: Katzgar

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    Have you ever had a coherent thought?
    Hmmmmmmmm. It's been awhile, hasn't it?

11. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,098 Times in 11,671 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,352 Posts
    Blog Entries

So you can prosecute one guy running for President, but you can't prosecute the other?????

12. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,012 Times in 6,215 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 710 Times in 658 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    The Daily Caller is a right-wing news and opinion website based in Washington, D.C. It was founded by Fox News host Tucker Carlson and political pundit Neil Patel in 2010. Launched as an alternative to the liberal-leaning The Huffington Post, The Daily Caller quadrupled its audience and became profitable by 2012, surpassing several rival websites by 2013. The Daily Caller is a member of the White House press pool.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Daily_Caller

rightwing lie filled propaganda asshole
    It's on a slew of fake news lists.

13. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

you should worry about your own ass shit stain

you leave a trail of smell in every forum you touch.
    OK. Go ahead and join Arminius and his Flea Circus. See if I care.

14. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

OK. Go ahead and join Arminius and his Flea Circus. See if I care.
    I'm serious - look at yourself. you essentially wear clown shoes.

15. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I'm serious - look at yourself. you essentially wear clown shoes.
    That's YOU ... looking in the mirror!