That's YOU ... looking in the mirror!
    yawn

2. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,188 Times in 25,723 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arminius View Post
    So, if every president for generations has done this, and Obama did more than most...did they all need to be impeached, Obama top among them...or are Democrats just arbitrarily inventing another blatantly dishonest new standard out of thin air for only Trump to follow?

Attachment 12553

8 times the Obama administration put conditions on foreign aid

<snip>
    How about posting the number of times any president made aid contingent on digging up dirt about a political rival.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

3. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zymurgy View Post
    yawn
    In all my time here, ... I have never, ... NEVER heard anyone say they want to to grow up and be a Trump Stooge like Arminius. Zymurgy, ... you have really taken the bait on this one.

4. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,324 Times in 2,774 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 209 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arminius View Post
    So, if every president for generations has done this, and Obama did more than most...did they all need to be impeached, Obama top among them...or are Democrats just arbitrarily inventing another blatantly dishonest new standard out of thin air for only Trump to follow?
    My, someone has been busy!

As you correctly point out, there's nothing wrong with using diplomatic leverage to obtain a QPQ provided it isn't for one's own personal benefit. That's the problem people have with Tump's actions in Ukraine - he was obviously hoping to get a political benefit for his campaign in the coming US election. Maybe he thinks a President is entitled to do that, but it isn't how a POTUS should behave, see?

Some earlier Presidents, such as Nixon and Reagan, have done that, but they were a lot smarter than Trump, and got away with it.

Ukraine

The Obama-era “quid pro quo” that has had the greatest impact on Trump’s presidency is the threat from Joe Biden to withhold a $1 billion loan to Ukraine in exchange for the ouster of a prosecutor Biden accused of corruption [who just happened to be investigating Biden's son]. Joe Biden even bragged about the “quid pro quo” at an event held by the Council on Foreign Relations in January 2018]
    No, that isn't one of the naughty ones. Why? Because Prosecutor-General Shokin was NOT investigating Biden's son or his company Burisma at the time Biden called for his removal, according to the National Anti-Corruption Bureau of Ukraine. The problem was something else entirely - Shokin's mega corruption.

Shokin was dismissed at the urging of several European governments and the Intenational Monetary Fund as well as the US.
    Trump and Giuliani know this. Sorry if you don't.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tranquillus in Exile For This Post:

domer76 (11-11-2019), Jack (11-11-2019)

6. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,834 Times in 17,265 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,601 Times in 4,278 Posts

Arminius knows better. The difference is huge and he is trying to fool those with poor comprehension. That is, of course, most rightys. Trump sought a personal gain that included Zelensky interfering in our election to help him. He got away, so far, with having Russia interfere for his advantage the last election. The Cartman presidency contnues. No Obama did nothing like that and he showed 8 examples that proved he did not.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

domer76 (11-11-2019), Jack (11-11-2019)

8. #96 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,761 Times in 4,510 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Arminius knows better. The difference is huge and he is trying to fool those with poor comprehension. That is, of course, most rightys. Trump sought a personal gain that included Zelensky interfering in our election to help him. He got away, so far, with having Russia interfere for his advantage the last election. The Cartman presidency contnues. No Obama did nothing like that and he showed 8 examples that proved he did not.
    Sometimes I wonder if Trump (purposely or not) got a lot more media focus on Biden than if Zelensky had actually agreed to investigate.

9. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquillus in Exile View Post

As you correctly point out, there's nothing wrong with using diplomatic leverage to obtain a QPQ provided it isn't for one's own personal benefit. That's the problem people have with Tump's actions in Ukraine - he was obviously hoping to get a political benefit for his campaign in the coming US election. Maybe he thinks a President is entitled to do that, but it isn't how a POTUS should behave, see?

Some earlier Presidents, such as Nixon and Reagan, have done that, but they were a lot smarter than Trump, and got away with it.

No, that isn't one of the naughty ones. Why? Because Prosecutor-General Shokin was NOT investigating Biden's son or his company Burisma at the time Biden called for his removal, according to the National Anti-Corruption Bureau of Ukraine. The problem was something else entirely - Shokin's mega corruption.

Shokin was dismissed at the urging of several European governments and the Intenational Monetary Fund as well as the US.
    Half the Trump Supporters are deliberately 'Playing Stupid'. The other half ... actually are. (at this point, I'm not sure which half represents Arminius)

10. #98 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquillus in Exile View Post

So they should hurry up and impeach him then, that will guarantee a Trump win next year.

11. #99 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,507 Times in 1,787 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,738 Times in 1,599 Posts
    Blog Entries

'Penderyn is an embarrassing intellectual cripple. Don't pick on him too much. '

MA, PH.D,. M.Ed., ectuelleh, peasant.

12. #100 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,341 Times in 5,714 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 374 Times in 355 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Penderyn View Post
    'Penderyn is an embarrassing intellectual cripple. Don't pick on him too much. '

MA, PH.D,. M.Ed., ectuelleh, peasant.
    I am holier than thou, always have been always will be

you fit right in with liberal wasteland America, pull up a chair make yourself comfortable
    This just In::: Trump indicted for living in liberals heads and not paying RENT

C̶N̶N̶ SNN.... Shithole News Network

Trump Is Coming back to a White House Near you

13. #101 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,507 Times in 1,787 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,738 Times in 1,599 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Getin the ring View Post
    I am holier than thou, always have been always will be

you fit right in with liberal wasteland America, pull up a chair make yourself comfortable
    Eh? I'm not a Liberal, I'm not an American, I'm not holy. Moreover, my urge to go to America died the death when I was about twenty-two and I realised the risks of going to a madhouse without a Health Service. I'm choosy about the people I sit with too!

14. #102 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,713 Times in 27,343 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

A very deceptive response

Since you refuse to comport yourself with the Buddhist tenets of integrity and honesty this modification was necessary

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    except there was an attempt to solicit a foreign government to undermine a domestic political opponent no shakedown, and no investigation of a "political rival

15. #103 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,556 Times in 2,630 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 217 Times in 212 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    In all my time here, ... I have never, ... NEVER heard anyone say they want to to grow up and be a Trump Stooge like Arminius. Zymurgy, ... you have really taken the bait on this one.
    yawning at the shit stain

16. #104 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    "But, but, but Obama". (shaking head) How sad.
    So you admit the black boy isn't being held to the same standard as the white man? How sad.

17. #105 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,770 Times in 3,312 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 166 Times in 157 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    How about posting the number of times any president made aid contingent on digging up dirt about a political rival.
    Say the people who colluded with a foreign agent to manufacture bullshit partisan propaganda (the dossier) so it could be used to lie to a federal judge to illegally spy on a rival campaign to rig the 2016 election. And again, it is not new or even controversial for presidents to ask foreign leaders for political favors.

Try again.

Attachment 12616