Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,362 Times in 14,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    Coaches are catching up to Saban. He's still in the top with h.s. recruiting but no way he's no. 1 every yr. anymore. No way he has a secret formula. He's had a remarkable run. He put LSU back on the map around 2000 and for that I'm grateful. Coach O has a formula all his own which somehow works for him in Louisiana. He's home grown, speaks Cajun French and knows how to boil crawfish with the right spices. Best of all everybody underestimates him.
    Coach O is awesome. Love this clip of ‘SC fans doing the Coach O chant (I happened to be at this game as well). Unfortunately our Rhodes Scholar AD Pat Haden thought it would be a better idea to hire the known drunk/druggee Steve Sarkesian than keep Coach O. (Rhodes Scholar Pat Haden also thought it would be a good idea to hire Clay Helton.)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=bqfzUwJqqZo

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

anonymoose (11-10-2019)

3. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 12 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    No you haven't. As YOU said, you discuss the last 5 - 10 years. You ignore those others. That wouldn't be dwelling on them, it's called taking everything into consideration not just the good parts.
    First you accuse me of dwelling in the past, now it is not including the past enough? lol

Nobody looks at the whole body of work of any college football team. Alabama has had a football team since the 1890s.

I take enough into consideration. I know that Bama has had bad years and great years. I know the dynasty Saban built is one of the greatest in sports, not just college football. I take the losses and celebrate the wins.

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You remember them so well you don't want to include them in an overall discussion. Typical left winger that only picks out the parts in their favor and ignores those that aren't.
    What overall discussion? YOu mean talking about this year? Or the seasons that brought in the recruits you now have?

If you want to discuss Mike DuBose coaching us to a 3-8 season, feel free.

5. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You mean the "top opponents" that went at or slightly above mediocre each of those seasons? Clemson (7-6), Michigan (8-5), Va Tech (8-5 and 7-6), and W. Va. (7-6)

Funny you don't mention, although you regularly talk about only the last 10 years, the openers against the 1 - 12 San Jose St. Spartans, the 5-7 Kent State Golden Flashes, the 2-10 Louisville Cardinals, and the perennial powerhouse Western Carolina Catamounts.

In 2019, the combined W/L record of Alabama opponents is 31-45. When you play only the teams in your conference, and the one you choose to play out of conference, that are considered scrubs, it's not hard to win lots of games.
    Oh yeah, because those games are scheduled just weeks before the season? You know, so we can see who sucks?

They are scheduled several years in advance.

6. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WinterBorn View Post
    First you accuse me of dwelling in the past, now it is not including the past enough? lol

Nobody looks at the whole body of work of any college football team. Alabama has had a football team since the 1890s.

I take enough into consideration. I know that Bama has had bad years and great years. I know the dynasty Saban built is one of the greatest in sports, not just college football. I take the losses and celebrate the wins.
    You include only the parts of the past that show positive while ignoring the negative.

Unless you look at the whole body of work, you get an incorrect view of the program as a whole.

Fair weather fan.

7. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Oh yeah, because those games are scheduled just weeks before the season? You know, so we can see who sucks?

They are scheduled several years in advance.
    Then your use of them as a positive means nothing. Glad you agree.

8. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

What overall discussion? YOu mean talking about this year? Or the seasons that brought in the recruits you now have?

If you want to discuss Mike DuBose coaching us to a 3-8 season, feel free.
    Something outside of you little shell of just the past few years.

Since you want to ignore the other years, it invalidates any discussion you want to have about the current ones.

9. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You include only the parts of the past that show positive while ignoring the negative.

Unless you look at the whole body of work, you get an incorrect view of the program as a whole.

Fair weather fan.
    A fair weather fan is one who is only a fan if the team wins.

The fact that I focus on the wins just means I see no reason to dwell on losses in the past. Unless you like losing, why would you.

I include the last 10 years because it give a good current picture. I don't think the fact that Bama went 3-8 in 1997 has much bearing on the current season. The oldest player on the current Crimson Tide team is 24. So he would have been 2 years old when we went 3-8. He probably doesn't remember. So it doesn't effect the players. No member of the staff from the 1997 season is still there today. It can be used as a lesson for "how the mighty have fallen" since it was the worst record in 40 years. But mostly is doesn't matter.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to WinterBorn For This Post:

Cancel 2020.2 (11-10-2019)

11. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Something outside of you little shell of just the past few years.

Since you want to ignore the other years, it invalidates any discussion you want to have about the current ones.
    Sports is about winning. No fan spends a lot of time talking about the losing years. Maybe you do, but you have said you don't give a shit about the sport.

Keep trolling. I'm good with my world.

12. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,362 Times in 14,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Sports is about winning. No fan spends a lot of time talking about the losing years. Maybe you do, but you have said you don't give a shit about the sport.

I have one issue with Alabama and the SEC. For the SEC it's the playing of eight conference games instead of nine. A conference game, even against a bottom feeder, is always more difficult than a non conference patsy. (However I do give the SEC credit for gaming the system. They're smart for setting it up they way they do.) My issue with Alabama is they never play a true OOC road game. They'll play big name opponents at neutral sites but when was the last time they played a true big name OOC game in an opponent's stadium?

That being said the run they are on is incredible. They have been the alpha dog in college football for the past decade and deserve all the accolades they receive. People want to hate on them because lots of people dislike the team on top. Yes they lost yesterday but I see no signs of them slowing down as long as Saban is there. Props to them. (And I'm biased because he's a Bay Area kid but y'all need to ride Najee Harris more. Dude is a beast.)

13. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    I have one issue with Alabama and the SEC. For the SEC it's the playing of eight conference games instead of nine. A conference game, even against a bottom feeder, is always more difficult than a non conference patsy. (However I do give the SEC credit for gaming the system. They're smart for setting it up they way they do.) My issue with Alabama is they never play a true OOC road game. They'll play big name opponents at neutral sites but when was the last time they played a true big name OOC game in an opponent's stadium?

That being said the run they are on is incredible. They have been the alpha dog in college football for the past decade and deserve all the accolades they receive. People want to hate on them because lots of people dislike the team on top. Yes they lost yesterday but I see no signs of them slowing down as long as Saban is there. Props to them. (And I'm biased because he's a Bay Area kid but y'all need to ride Najee Harris more. Dude is a beast.)
    Yeah, I thought Najee should hav gotten more last night. But then, when you have two monumental mistakes (turnovers) you have to play catchup.

Remember, Steve Sarkisian is the OC, so....

14. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Like I said, fair weather fan.

Not once have I trolled on any subject, son. If that's all you have, you have nothing.

15. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

A fair weather fan is one who is only a fan if the team wins.

The fact that I focus on the wins just means I see no reason to dwell on losses in the past. Unless you like losing, why would you.

I include the last 10 years because it give a good current picture. I don't think the fact that Bama went 3-8 in 1997 has much bearing on the current season. The oldest player on the current Crimson Tide team is 24. So he would have been 2 years old when we went 3-8. He probably doesn't remember. So it doesn't effect the players. No member of the staff from the 1997 season is still there today. It can be used as a lesson for "how the mighty have fallen" since it was the worst record in 40 years. But mostly is doesn't matter.
    It's not a matter of whether or not you like losing. If you're going to look at the whole picture, like you claim you do, you have to take those into account just as much as the wins. That's what makes you a fair weather fan. You only want to talk about wins and pretend the losses didn't occur.

Nothing but excuses from a fair weather fan.

16. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It's not a matter of whether or not you like losing. If you're going to look at the whole picture, like you claim you do, you have to take those into account just as much as the wins. That's what makes you a fair weather fan. You only want to talk about wins and pretend the losses didn't occur.

Nothing but excuses from a fair weather fan.
    I don't pretend anything of the kind. Alabama loses games. It is easy to see the win/loss numbers for the entire history. I don't particularly care.

Yes, like all teams we had some bad years. Right now we are in some great years and riding a run that has no comparison in college football. Like I said, if you want to talk about bad seasons from 20+ years ago, feel free to do so. I am not wasting my time rehashing it. I watched most of those games and was in the stands for more than a few.

17. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I don't pretend anything of the kind. Alabama loses games. It is easy to see the win/loss numbers for the entire history. I don't particularly care.

Yes, like all teams we had some bad years. Right now we are in some great years and riding a run that has no comparison in college football. Like I said, if you want to talk about bad seasons from 20+ years ago, feel free to do so. I am not wasting my time rehashing it. I watched most of those games and was in the stands for more than a few.
    Sure you did. Be a man once in your life and admit it.

We can't talk about the entire history. Remember what you said. Things more than 10 years ago don't matter.

Still nothing more than a fair weather fan.