Thread: Starwitness: "What I Can Do Here For You Today Is Tell You What I Heard From People

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,634 Times in 10,060 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,101 Times in 1,013 Posts

Default Starwitness: "What I Can Do Here For You Today Is Tell You What I Heard From People

U.S. diplomat Bill Taylor told Democratic counsel at Wednesday's impeachment inquiry hearing that he can "tell you what I heard from people" when asked about the quid pro quo between President Trump and the Ukrainian president.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...om_people.html

Heard it from a friend who
    Heard it from a friend who

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to volsrock For This Post:

Earl (11-14-2019), PostmodernProphet (11-14-2019)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,671 Times in 17,929 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Day 1 of the Trump Impeachment Hearing Was a lost Day for Democrats
    OPINION
    “Opinion: Day 1 of the Trump impeachment hearing was a lost day for Democrats

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam B. Schiff (D-Burbank) and ranking Republican Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Tulare), during the first public impeachment hearings.
    House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam B. Schiff (D-Burbank), left, and ranking Republican Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Tulare) during Wednesday’s first public hearing in the impeachment inquiry into President Trump.(Saul Loeb / AFP/Getty Images)
    By SCOTT JENNINGS
    NOV. 13, 2019 2:10 PM
    Day 1 of the public House impeachment hearings on President Trump is in the books, and nothing that happened will move public opinion in a meaningful way. The folks who have wanted to impeach Trump since he won the presidency still do, and the folks who don’t still don’t.

In other words, it’s a lost day for Democrats.

The burden of proof is on Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-San Francisco) and House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam B. Schiff (D-Burbank) to do more than secure impeachment, which is all but certain. Their job is to conduct these hearings in a way that moves public opinion to the point that the Senate will convict the president. That means giving Republican senators something that changes their impression of Trump’s conduct of Ukraine foreign policy. What’s alleged may make many members of the GOP uncomfortable, but it doesn’t come remotely close to requiring that the president be removed from office.

The opening-day witnesses — diplomatic officials Bill Taylor and George Kent — testified professionally and with honor, but they failed to deliver a made-for-TV gotcha. Rather, they simply reiterated that they had no firsthand knowledge of the president’s interactions and had not had conversations with the president directly.“
    LA Times

LA Times...gasp!

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

It's not our problem you don't care that your president was caught red handed attempting to bribe a foreign government to attack
    Biden using my taxes. It's yours. Nice potus you elected, dumbass. You are going to pay for your stupidity.