Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26

Thread: Book by ‘Anonymous’ describes Trump as cruel, inept and a danger to the nation

  1. #1 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    19,352
    Thanks
    8,849
    Thanked 5,508 Times in 4,287 Posts
    Groans
    315
    Groaned 925 Times in 858 Posts

    Default Book by ‘Anonymous’ describes Trump as cruel, inept and a danger to the nation

    "The author — who first captured attention in 2018 as the unidentified author of a New York Times opinion column — describes Trump careening from one self-inflicted crisis to the next, “like a twelve-year-old in an air traffic control tower, pushing the buttons of government indiscriminately, indifferent to the planes skidding across the runway and the flights frantically diverting away from the airport.”
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...5a8_story.html

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack For This Post:

    Trumpet (11-09-2019)

  3. #2 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    19,352
    Thanks
    8,849
    Thanked 5,508 Times in 4,287 Posts
    Groans
    315
    Groaned 925 Times in 858 Posts

    Default

    Watching Trump erratically leave our Kurdish allies in Syria, ... and then immediately rush back in when someone mentioned 'Oil', makes 'Anonymous' a believable author.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack For This Post:

    Trumpet (11-09-2019)

  5. #3 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    19,352
    Thanks
    8,849
    Thanked 5,508 Times in 4,287 Posts
    Groans
    315
    Groaned 925 Times in 858 Posts

    Default

    This pretty well sums it up:

    “It’s like showing up at the nursing home at daybreak to find your elderly uncle running pantsless across the courtyard and cursing loudly about the cafeteria food, as worried attendants tried to catch him,” the author writes. “You’re stunned, amused, and embarrassed all at the same time. Only your uncle probably wouldn’t do it every single day, his words aren’t broadcast to the public, and he doesn’t have to lead the US government once he puts his pants on.”

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jack For This Post:

    Penderyn (11-09-2019), Trumpet (11-09-2019)

  7. #4 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    19,142
    Thanks
    11,920
    Thanked 5,557 Times in 4,441 Posts
    Groans
    110
    Groaned 735 Times in 693 Posts

    Default

    If you stand behind what you write, you put your name on it...don't you? His first try at this failed (didn't he write an similar article that flopped?)..so here he goes again...
    Guess he need Christmas money?

  8. #5 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Living in rural America "clinging to my God and Guns"
    Posts
    12,803
    Thanks
    1,661
    Thanked 8,177 Times in 5,918 Posts
    Groans
    70
    Groaned 194 Times in 185 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    This pretty well sums it up:

    “It’s like showing up at the nursing home at daybreak to find your elderly uncle running pantsless across the courtyard and cursing loudly about the cafeteria food, as worried attendants tried to catch him,” the author writes. “You’re stunned, amused, and embarrassed all at the same time. Only your uncle probably wouldn’t do it every single day, his words aren’t broadcast to the public, and he doesn’t have to lead the US government once he puts his pants on.”
    WTF?? Are you and Ox playing with each other again?
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

  9. #6 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    19,352
    Thanks
    8,849
    Thanked 5,508 Times in 4,287 Posts
    Groans
    315
    Groaned 925 Times in 858 Posts

    Default

    It's a quote from the book.

  10. #7 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    19,142
    Thanks
    11,920
    Thanked 5,557 Times in 4,441 Posts
    Groans
    110
    Groaned 735 Times in 693 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    WTF?? Are you and Ox playing with each other again?
    sure sounds like it
    2025 is a long way off...Jack will find a way to survive...some of the others? Doubtful....

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to TOP For This Post:

    RB 60 (11-09-2019)

  12. #8 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Cymru/ Wails
    Posts
    1,569
    Thanks
    548
    Thanked 577 Times in 408 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 554 Times in 508 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    If you stand behind what you write, you put your name on it...don't you? His first try at this failed (didn't he write an similar article that flopped?)..so here he goes again...
    Guess he need Christmas money?
    The trouble with the Republicans is that they want all statements to come from the Pope or someone similar, under guarantee of infallibility. Many of us were brought up Protestant and tend to go by whether a piece fits with our knowledge of the person concerned, and since this is Trumpf, the comments seem kindly and restrained.

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Penderyn For This Post:

    Jack (11-09-2019), Trumpet (11-09-2019)

  14. #9 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    19,142
    Thanks
    11,920
    Thanked 5,557 Times in 4,441 Posts
    Groans
    110
    Groaned 735 Times in 693 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Penderyn View Post
    The trouble with the Republicans is that they want all statements to come from the Pope or someone similar, under guarantee of infallibility. Many of us were brought up Protestant and tend to go by whether a piece fits with our knowledge of the person concerned, and since this is Trump, the comments seem kindly and restrained.
    Not the Pope...just put your name on what you write...stand behind or don't put it out there...
    I'm Presbyterian...I'm always kind and restrained

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to TOP For This Post:

    Life is Golden (11-16-2019)

  16. #10 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Cymru/ Wails
    Posts
    1,569
    Thanks
    548
    Thanked 577 Times in 408 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 554 Times in 508 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    Not the Pope...just put your name on what you write...stand behind or don't put it out there...
    I'm Presbyterian...I'm always kind and restrained
    At home, doubtless. Stalin had the same view of anonymity! Like McCarthy, he believed everybody should sign what they said so that he could destroy their lives.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Penderyn For This Post:

    Trumpet (11-09-2019)

  18. #11 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    19,142
    Thanks
    11,920
    Thanked 5,557 Times in 4,441 Posts
    Groans
    110
    Groaned 735 Times in 693 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Penderyn View Post
    At home, doubtless. Stalin had the same view of anonymity! Like McCarthy, he believed everybody should sign what they said so that he could destroy their lives.
    Everywhere
    Why do you think people should not stand behind what they write? Usually authors put their names on the covers of the books they pen along with their pictures ...why not in this case?
    Last edited by TOP; 11-09-2019 at 06:50 AM.

  19. #12 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Cymru/ Wails
    Posts
    1,569
    Thanks
    548
    Thanked 577 Times in 408 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 554 Times in 508 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    Everywhere
    Why do you think people should not stand behind what they write? Usually authos put their names on the covers of the books they pen along with their pictures ...why not in this case?
    Look into what happens to those who do sometime. If you tell the truth, ever, make your will too.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Penderyn For This Post:

    Trumpet (11-09-2019)

  21. #13 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    19,142
    Thanks
    11,920
    Thanked 5,557 Times in 4,441 Posts
    Groans
    110
    Groaned 735 Times in 693 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Penderyn View Post
    Look into what happens to those who do sometime. If you tell the truth, ever, make your will too.
    Everyone should have a will...nothing to do with telling the truth, though.
    If you're fearful, don't publish your thoughts...
    "Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering."
    ...Yoda
    Now who wants all that?

  22. #14 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Cymru/ Wails
    Posts
    1,569
    Thanks
    548
    Thanked 577 Times in 408 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 554 Times in 508 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    Everyone should have a will...nothing to do with telling the truth, though.
    If you're fearful, don't publish your thoughts...
    "Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering."
    ...Yoda
    Now who wants all that?
    Fear is a waste of time, but so is giving the bullies home details. McCarthy finished honesty in America for a hundred years and more.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Penderyn For This Post:

    Trumpet (11-09-2019)

  24. #15 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    3,989
    Thanks
    9,193
    Thanked 1,588 Times in 1,160 Posts
    Groans
    9
    Groaned 556 Times in 519 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    WTF?? Are you and Ox playing with each other again?
    What's your problem??? They didn't invite you.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-09-2019, 08:09 PM
  2. Book describes Trump as cruel, inept and a danger to the nation
    By DonaldvoTrumpovich in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-08-2019, 10:52 AM
  3. Quotes from ANONYMOUS book--WARNING excerpted by Maddow!!!!
    By Centerleftfl in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-08-2019, 07:56 AM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-26-2019, 04:02 PM
  5. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-23-2019, 06:57 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •