Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anonymous: Trump PANICS staff with stumbles, slurs, confusion & MALIGNANT MGT STYLE

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,511 Times in 4,834 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,798 Times in 1,605 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Anonymous: Trump PANICS staff with stumbles, slurs, confusion & MALIGNANT MGT STYLE

I put up in real time late last night some of the quotes from the excerpts from ANONYMOUS as Maddow read them. This is a fleshed out COMMENTARY of the TEXT. Yes, it is worse than MANY of us thought. We could surmise and now we know. (The devil is always in the details. So is the hell of war)

This is a slam for staying ANONYMOUS, the Trump supporters can suck that bone dry till there is no marrow. The rest of us still want to know "WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!"

Anonymous Trump official’s book says the president sends aides into ‘full-blown panic’ and ‘stumbles, slurs, gets confused’

Published
    2 hours ago on
    November 8, 2019
    By Cody Fenwick, AlterNet
    - Commentary

A new book by the anonymous Trump administration official who wrote the famous New York Times op-ed detailing a “resistance” to the president with the government is set to be released soon, and the Washington Post has obtained an early copy. It published an article describing the controversial book, which the White House called a “work of fiction.”

It’s hard to know how seriously to take the book or its author. There’s little reason to doubt that the opinion editors at the Times genuinely published the writing of an actual administration official, but without a more rigorous reporting operation behind the book, we shouldn’t be confident its contents aren’t exaggerated or even perhaps fabricated at times.

The official defended their decision to stay anonymous — though not persuasively — and suggested they might eventually come forward, the Post reported:

“I have decided to publish this anonymously because this debate is not about me,” the author writes. “It is about us. It is about how we want the presidency to reflect our country, and that is where the discussion should center. Some will call this ‘cowardice.’ My feelings are not hurt by the accusation. Nor am I unprepared to attach my name to criticism of President Trump. I may do so, in due course.”

More interestingly, the author admitted that the central thesis of the original Times column was mistaken:
    “I was wrong about the ‘quiet resistance’ inside the Trump administration. Unelected bureaucrats and cabinet appointees were never going to steer Donald Trump the right direction in the long run, or refine his malignant management style. He is who he is.

This passage, however, undermines the argument for staying anonymous. It would make sense to say that, while the truth about Trump should be made public, a high-ranking official who is concerned about the president’s conduct would be best to stay anonymous and therefore retain a position to mitigate the damage coming from the White House. But if Trump can’t be mitigated, why stay anonymous? Cowardice, indeed, seems like the most natural explanation.

The book also suggests that other officials in the administration are disturbed by Trump. For example, it recounted:

Senior Trump administration officials considered resigning en masse last year in a “midnight self-massacre” to sound a public alarm about President Trump’s conduct, but rejected the idea because they believed it would further destabilize an already teetering government, according to a new book by an unnamed author.

The book contains a handful of startling assertions that are not backed up with evidence, such as a claim that if a majority of the Cabinet were prepared to remove Trump from office under the 25th Amendment, Vice President Pence would have been supportive.

But these claims warrant the most skepticism. (Pence has denied the specific allegation.) A single person can always misunderstand a situation or make faulty inferences about others’ intentions, so relying on this account to draw conclusions about other officials is dicey business.

Some of the book, however, rings true. It said that the president is suspicious of coups, doesn’t like staffers taking notes, and once yelled at an aide who was writing something down during a meeting. This is reminiscent of a section of the Mueller Report in which Trump questioned White House Counsel Don McGahn’s taking of notes. The book also said that officials sometimes wake up “in a full-blown panic” to discover Trump has tweeted something explosive that they need to clean up — this is something we have all seen many times. It also says Trump has a habit of being condescending and misogynistic toward women who work for him, which is hardly surprising and gives a devastating account of his mental health that is consistent with his public appearances:
    “All I can tell you is that normal people who spend any time with Donald Trump are uncomfortable by what they witness. He stumbles, slurs, gets confused, is easily irritated, and has trouble synthesizing information, not occasionally but with regularity. Those who would claim otherwise are lying to themselves or to the country.”

But this just raises the question: If the most reliable parts of the book are the things we can already assume are true, what’s the point?

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/11/ano...gets-confused/

WK1 3/28-/4 _Cases 301k--Dead 18.1k Lethality 2.72%
    WK2 4/5-/13 _Cases 555k--Dead 22.1K Lethality 3.9%
    WK3 4/20-/21 Cases 774k -Dead 37.2K Lethality 4.8%
    WK4 4/22-/29 Cases 1M --Dead 58.8K Lethality 5.9%
    WK5 5/1-/8__ Cases 1.3M -Dead 75.7K Lethality 6.1%
    WK6 5/9-16__Cases 1.4M --Dead 85.8K Lethality 6.1%
    WK7 5/17-24_Cases 1.7M - Dead 97.6K Lethality 5.9%
    WK8 5/28 Cases 1.7M - DEAD 101.2K - Same

2. The Following User Groans At Centerleftfl For This Awful Post:

Earl (11-08-2019)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Centerleftfl For This Post:

PoliTalker (11-08-2019)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,663 Times in 17,923 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

Lol.

Anonymous...Madcow...MSNBC.

Keep us posted.

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 1,124 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 158 Times in 148 Posts

Madcow and the Washington Post.......ppppfffftttt !

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Loving91390 For This Post:

Earl (11-08-2019)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

I can't wait to read that book

won't be pretty but the gruesome details need to be made public, the nutjob is clearly a threat to US security

9. The Following User Groans At reagansghost For This Awful Post:

Earl (11-08-2019)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to reagansghost For This Post:

Trumpet (11-08-2019)

11. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Centerleftfl View Post
    I put up in real time late last night some of the quotes from the excerpts from ANONYMOUS as Maddow read them. This is a fleshed out COMMENTARY of the TEXT. Yes, it is worse than MANY of us thought. We could surmise and now we know. (The devil is always in the details. So is the hell of war)

This is a slam for staying ANONYMOUS, the Trump supporters can suck that bone dry till there is no marrow. The rest of us still want to know "WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!"

Anonymous Trump official’s book says the president sends aides into ‘full-blown panic’ and ‘stumbles, slurs, gets confused’

Published
    2 hours ago on
    November 8, 2019
    - Commentary

A new book by the anonymous Trump administration official who wrote the famous New York Times op-ed detailing a “resistance” to the president with the government is set to be released soon, and the Washington Post has obtained an early copy. It published an article describing the controversial book, which the White House called a “work of fiction.”

It’s hard to know how seriously to take the book or its author. There’s little reason to doubt that the opinion editors at the Times genuinely published the writing of an actual administration official, but without a more rigorous reporting operation behind the book, we shouldn’t be confident its contents aren’t exaggerated or even perhaps fabricated at times.

The official defended their decision to stay anonymous — though not persuasively — and suggested they might eventually come forward, the Post reported:

“I have decided to publish this anonymously because this debate is not about me,” the author writes. “It is about us. It is about how we want the presidency to reflect our country, and that is where the discussion should center. Some will call this ‘cowardice.’ My feelings are not hurt by the accusation. Nor am I unprepared to attach my name to criticism of President Trump. I may do so, in due course.”

More interestingly, the author admitted that the central thesis of the original Times column was mistaken:
    “I was wrong about the ‘quiet resistance’ inside the Trump administration. Unelected bureaucrats and cabinet appointees were never going to steer Donald Trump the right direction in the long run, or refine his malignant management style. He is who he is.

This passage, however, undermines the argument for staying anonymous. It would make sense to say that, while the truth about Trump should be made public, a high-ranking official who is concerned about the president’s conduct would be best to stay anonymous and therefore retain a position to mitigate the damage coming from the White House. But if Trump can’t be mitigated, why stay anonymous? Cowardice, indeed, seems like the most natural explanation.

The book also suggests that other officials in the administration are disturbed by Trump. For example, it recounted:

Senior Trump administration officials considered resigning en masse last year in a “midnight self-massacre” to sound a public alarm about President Trump’s conduct, but rejected the idea because they believed it would further destabilize an already teetering government, according to a new book by an unnamed author.

The book contains a handful of startling assertions that are not backed up with evidence, such as a claim that if a majority of the Cabinet were prepared to remove Trump from office under the 25th Amendment, Vice President Pence would have been supportive.

But these claims warrant the most skepticism. (Pence has denied the specific allegation.) A single person can always misunderstand a situation or make faulty inferences about others’ intentions, so relying on this account to draw conclusions about other officials is dicey business.

Some of the book, however, rings true. It said that the president is suspicious of coups, doesn’t like staffers taking notes, and once yelled at an aide who was writing something down during a meeting. This is reminiscent of a section of the Mueller Report in which Trump questioned White House Counsel Don McGahn’s taking of notes. The book also said that officials sometimes wake up “in a full-blown panic” to discover Trump has tweeted something explosive that they need to clean up — this is something we have all seen many times. It also says Trump has a habit of being condescending and misogynistic toward women who work for him, which is hardly surprising and gives a devastating account of his mental health that is consistent with his public appearances:
    “All I can tell you is that normal people who spend any time with Donald Trump are uncomfortable by what they witness. He stumbles, slurs, gets confused, is easily irritated, and has trouble synthesizing information, not occasionally but with regularity. Those who would claim otherwise are lying to themselves or to the country.”

But this just raises the question: If the most reliable parts of the book are the things we can already assume are true, what’s the point?

That fiction writer again? ANONYMOUS?

Now a days, that PEN NAME seems to be mighty popular with the left. How many articles has he and or she authored over the past 3 years?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ralph For This Post:

Earl (11-08-2019)

13. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Centerleftfl,

Quote Originally Posted by Centerleftfl View Post

Published
    2 hours ago on
    November 8, 2019
    - Commentary

No big surprise.

Remember his reaction when Mueller got appointed?

His life is one personal crisis after another.

A total faker. He fakes being reputable and his followers got conned.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

14. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (11-08-2019)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Trumpet (11-08-2019)

16. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

Apparently we have got a second Whistleblower, and this will make Trump even more suspicious of his staff and more paranoid, and Trump will become even more unhinged than he already is, and I dread to think where this will take us.

17. The Following User Groans At Trumpet For This Awful Post:

Earl (11-08-2019)

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trumpet For This Post:

John Barron (11-08-2019), reagansghost (11-08-2019)

19. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    Apparently we have got a second Whistleblower, and this will make Trump even more suspicious of his staff and more paranoid, and Trump will become even more unhinged than he already is, and I dread to think where this will take us.
    Yeah.....Mr. Anonymous and the Whistle Blower things are working out REAL GOOD. 2016 Redux

Under 12 and ticking....tic toc, tic toc...……. Must we forget the FISA warrant investigation and the official CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION of BARR/DURHAM. There's nothing like a SLOW SWEAT....its good for soul cleansing.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ralph For This Post:

Cancel 2020.2 (11-08-2019), Earl (11-08-2019)

21. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    ANONYMOUS is scary...…...the adults in the room are quitting or getting fired

unhinged Trump is a national security threat, thank god the Democrats are impeaching this evil clown-grifter

22. The Following User Groans At reagansghost For This Awful Post:

Earl (11-08-2019)

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reagansghost For This Post:

John Barron (11-08-2019), Trumpet (11-08-2019)

24. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Yeah.....Mr. Anonymous and the Whistle Blower things are working out REAL GOOD. 2016 Redux
    Don't you understand that this demonstrates just how unqualified Trump is to be our President??????

25. The Following User Groans At Trumpet For This Awful Post:

Earl (11-08-2019)

26. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,555 Times in 2,629 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 216 Times in 211 Posts

economy is good

SCOTUS nominations were awesome

pulling out of Syria awesome

tariffs - idiotic

giving progressives shit - awesome

I'm starting to regret not voting for the guy. I agree with more then I disagree with

27. The Following User Says Thank You to zymurgy For This Post:

Cancel 2020.2 (11-08-2019)

28. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    ANONYMOUS is scary...…...the adults in the room are quitting or getting fired

unhinged Trump is a national security threat, thank god the Democrats are impeaching this evil clown-grifter
    Unfortunately, Trump still has got his low intellect fanatical base behind him.

29. The Following User Groans At Trumpet For This Awful Post:

Earl (11-08-2019)

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Trumpet For This Post:

domer76 (11-08-2019)

31. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zymurgy View Post
    economy is good

SCOTUS nominations were awesome

pulling out of Syria awesome

tariffs - idiotic

giving progressives shit - awesome

I'm starting to regret not voting for the guy. I agree with more then I disagree with
    Who cares about NO STINKING DEBT!

PS We moved TROOPS back into Syria this week. (SAVE YOUR FUCKING KEYSTROKES--600 MILES AWAY FROM THE OIL)

32. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,555 Times in 2,629 Posts
    Groans