1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    But by ‘being here’ they are taking spots in the workforce that would be held by actual citizens.

Ironically, mostly minorities.
    'Spots' which might simply go unfilled if they are ejected, as happened in Alabama when harsh new State immigration laws caused an instant lack of enough workers to harvest crops. No Americans came forward to take those jobs. (Despite high unemployment in 2011) Crops rotted in the field.

Alabama immigration: crops rot as workers vanish to avoid crackdown

"Cash gets angry when people tell him that his Hispanic workforce was taking jobs away from Americans. Since the new law began two weeks ago only two American citizens have come by his farm asking for work.

The couple had driven two hours from a city to offer their services, but they barely lasted that long in the fields. Cash discovered that they were trying to fiddle him by notching up two baskets of tomatoes for every one they picked – as they were paid by the basket that would have fraudulently doubled their earnings."

The farmer ended up plowing the whole crop under.

Go ahead and back up what you're claiming.

Show me a link to a story where there was an immigration crackdown which resulted in Americans taking the vacant jobs AND getting paid more. I've heard your talk, but I've never heard of such fantasies actually happening. The only way tomato pickers are getting paid more is if we all pay more for tomatoes.

Are you will to pay more for things so low skill Americans can get paid more?
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,197 Times in 1,591 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 410 Times in 377 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    "Letting in immigrants from the third world results in lower wages for Americans. Will you try to reduce third world immigration, and if not, then how do you plan on keeping wages from falling? Do you also think continued mass immigration will make universal healthcare an impossibility?"
    I would say with reasonable minimum wage standards you won't see wages fall for Americans I'm not sure what you mean by "mass immigration", it's lower than it has been in 40 fucking years.

3. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Of course. The Dems always address the debt. The Repubs do not because cranking it up is part of their master plan to destroy the programs that help the poor and injured. The Repub deliberately crank up the debt. When Ryan was leaving he admitted it , saying it was how they would end Medicare, Medicaid, Food stamps and any programs that took money that belongs to the ruling class.
    Undeniably sick but true. The deficit invariably goes down under democratic administrations and rises under republicans yet they try and pride themselves as fiscally responsible.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Port Tack For This Post:

PoliTalker (11-08-2019)

5. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,507 Times in 1,787 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,738 Times in 1,599 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Port Tack View Post
    I would say with reasonable minimum wage standards you won't see wages fall for Americans I'm not sure what you mean by "mass immigration", it's lower than it has been in 40 fucking years.
    As I've said before, over here the Brexiteer hatred of foreigners as the decline in the economy consequent of the suicide-vote has meant that far. far fewer foreign workers have come here, but it hasn't increased local wages. It has produced near-crisis in the hospitals and meant many crops went unpicked. Capitalists use blather about foreign labour to drive down wages, but it has pretty well nothing to do with reality.

6. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    "Thus, the national debt under Obama will have grown by about $9 trillion, or an increase of 86%."

Say it ain't so.

https://www.businessinsider.com/nati...k-obama-2017-1
    It may have gone up his first year but then fell every year thereafter. That is what happens when you are handed the worst recession in the countries history by a republican. It has done nothing but rise under Trump.

7. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Celticguy,

Quote Originally Posted by Celticguy View Post
    Illegals are, illegal. So much for that.
    Had you suggested they made the government NOT enforce the law you might have had a point.
    Big money likes illegals. A ready and available workforce which will take all the least desirable jobs and work hard without complaint, laying low for fear of being deported. Wall Street makes a lot of money off illegal immigration.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Iolo/Penderyn (11-09-2019)

9. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

deficit.jpg

oops, his last couple went up a tad. Easy to see the effect of that democrat in the middle too.

10. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Are any of your friends or acquaintances small business owners lol?

The ones in my circle would be put in the business of going out of business, in short order, if they were forced by the government to pay their workers $20/hour.

A healthy economy has an abundance of small business owners and people willing to take the risk in starting them up. It democrats ever succeed in increasing the minimum wage in the manner they intend to, it will stifle entrepreneurship which will in turn stifle the economy.

If not outright strangle it.
    Ya know what really kills entrepreneurship is not having universal government healthcare. Many extremely innovative workers who would make excellent entrepreneurs don't ever strike out on their own because of the healthcare roadblock. Paying for healthcare is too expensive. They instead stay in secure jobs working for big corporations (or governments) which provide healthcare. If that burden of high priced for-profit health care was lifted we would see an explosion of small business start ups, creativity and new job creation. Sadly, the greed of the power junkies holds us back once again.

11. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Moose,

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    Democrats in general are very disheartened about the success of the U.S. economy.
    Total BS. The economy grew far more under Obama than it has under Trump. Democrats were very please with the growth, even as Republicans did their best to prevent it.

12. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    Lie. They always add to the debt, just as the republicans do. They just add more to it than the republicans do.

The Republicans have not stopped or reduced any social security, medicaid, or medicare program.

Just as the Democrats do. They just don't crank it up as much.

The President doesn't have anything to do with the debt. Congress, and only Congress does.
    It is the plan. https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...e-plan/548720/ Do you understand politics and how America works? The president determines the agenda. Trump pushed and threatened the Repubs to pass his signature tax cut for the wealthy. Trump has power, real power. One is control over the party via his ability to primary the chickenshit Repubs.
    You are simple and have such unnuanced ideas of politics and the world.

13. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Getin the ring View Post
    I'd like to hear someone ask,

"what on earth makes you think that you can beat Trump at the polls when the economy is in full forward mode, Stock Market is at records highs, bad trade deals are being fixed, and ISIS and its threat to America has been all but wiped off the planet, and try not to laugh when you answer, Pocahontas you go first"
    Easy, check the front page of any credible newspaper.

14. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Nordberg,

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Why don't we go back to what Bush did? Obama had to fix it and Trumpy takes all the credit. What has Trump done to improve the economy? His tax cut did nothing but exacerbate the wealth gap and increase the debt by 2 trillion. That is what all Repub presidents do. You guys believe silly memes and do no homework at all.
    It's a sad pattern which has happened over and over.

Clinton balanced the budget and handed GWB a surplus. His final stark words as President were directed squarely at GWB: "Pay down the debt, Pay down the debt, Pay down the debt." What did Bush do? He could have taken that money and responsibly paid down the debt as implored to do by Clinton, but NO! He ignored that good advice. Instead he smashed the piggy bank and raided it. He gave everybody an irresponsible tax refund, which did no good at all. By 2001 we were in recession. And by the end of the terrible GWB years, debt was up and we were on the verge of A DEPRESSION. The economy was in shambles and we entered the deepest recession since the Great Depression.

15. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,341 Times in 5,714 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 374 Times in 355 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Port Tack View Post
    Easy, check the front page of any credible newspaper.
    so that will be Pocahontas answers? "check the front page of any credible newspaper"

good luck
    This just In::: Trump indicted for living in liberals heads and not paying RENT

C̶N̶N̶ SNN.... Shithole News Network

Trump Is Coming back to a White House Near you

16. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,341 Times in 5,714 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 374 Times in 355 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Nordberg,

It's a sad pattern which has happened over and over.

Clinton balanced the budget and handed GWB a surplus. His final stark words as President were directed squarely at GWB: "Pay down the debt, Pay down the debt, Pay down the debt." What did Bush do? He could have taken that money and responsibly paid down the debt as implored to do by Clinton, but NO! He ignored that good advice. Instead he smashed the piggy bank and raided it. He gave everybody an irresponsible tax refund, which did no good at all. By 2001 we were in recession. And by the end of the terrible GWB years, debt was up and we were on the verge of A DEPRESSION. The economy was in shambles and we entered the deepest recession since the Great Depression.
    a little history lesson for you

Clinton was in office when the internet .com swept the world, I believe a monkey could have resided over the WH affairs.

Obama printed money, literally printed money, again and no pun intended, a monkey could have done that

Unless of course you want to point out a policy that either of the two implemented that may have added to growth

we'll wait

(((cickets)))
    This just In::: Trump indicted for living in liberals heads and not paying RENT

C̶N̶N̶ SNN.... Shithole News Network

Trump Is Coming back to a White House Near you

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Getin the ring For This Post:

RB 60 (11-08-2019)

18. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Celticguy,

Big money likes illegals. A ready and available workforce which will take all the least desirable jobs and work hard without complaint, laying low for fear of being deported. Wall Street makes a lot of money off illegal immigration.
    Cant have it both ways
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Celticguy For This Post:

RB 60 (11-08-2019)