Thread: Reality vs. trump supporters

1. #586 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,640 Times in 4,091 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,357 Times in 1,282 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    don't be ridiculous......I only listen to you contemptuously....
    Then you need to get a life, bunky. I don't waste any time or effort when you and your compadres create your GOP boot licking threads. Maybe you should see a shrink about following someone around you continuously claim is not worth the time or effort.

The OP stands valid....your denial non-withstanding. Carry on.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

2. #587 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,786 Times in 32,152 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    Yeah, sure....as if this changes your inability to disprove the OP, even if he did.
    man, we dealt with that smelly fish twenty five pages ago......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

3. #588 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Then you need to get a life, bunky. I don't waste any time or effort
    really?....because I'm pretty sure you have responded to every single post I have made to this thread at least once......and I posted every single one of them just to make you respond to it.......that's a whole lot of your wasted time and effort given the fact I don't actually pay any attention to what you have to say.........
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

4. #589 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,569 Times in 17,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

really?....because I'm pretty sure you have responded to every single post I have made to this thread at least once......and I posted every single one of them just to make you respond to it.......that's a whole lot of your wasted time and effort given the fact I don't actually pay any attention to what you have to say.........
    Pay no attention as you go through the trouble of typing a response after response to his posts. You really have trouble with logic and thinking.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

Taichiliberal (02-16-2020)

6. #590 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Pay no attention as you go through the trouble of typing a response after response to his posts. You really have trouble with logic and thinking.
    you're responding to me thinking I am putting thought into responding to you?.......apparently this is what you missed....

I don't actually pay any attention to what you have to say.

7. #591 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Originally Posted by Taichiliberal
    Yeah, sure....as if this changes your inability to disprove the OP, even if he did.

man, we dealt with that smelly fish twenty five pages ago......
    "We" meaning the circle jerk of right wing clowns you run with on these threads? Yeah, that's a valid support!

The OP stands, and you just don't.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

8. #592 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Learn to read carefully and comprehensively, bunky. I specifically cites THREADS created, NOT the individual posts YOU put on THE THREAD I CREATED. I swear I sometimes can't believe you're that dumb to think you can lie on a printed medium that can easily be checked. https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...15#post3486015

I take you out of the IA bin every so often since you continuously post on my threads. But you have yet to evolve from the Post Modern Fool you've been all these years. So back in you go, bunky. You'll follow me around like a bitch in heat, but to no avail. Adios

George Orwell

9. #593 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 603 Times in 570 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    The only alternative facts we are getting are coming from the PHONY media and the Democratic Party of the Jackass led by the pathologically lying buffoon Adam Schiff.

Here's an inconvenient fact:

'Nobody Pushed Me.' Ukrainian President Denies Trump Pressured Him to Investigate Biden's Son
    https://time.com/5686305/zelensky-uk...rump-pressure/

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Adolf_Twitler For This Post:

Taichiliberal (02-16-2020)

11. #594 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 1,484 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 611 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf_Twitler View Post
    Which, of course, doesn't mean that Trump didn't twist his arm, just that Zelensky doesn't want to admit to it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RINO is the term for that rare Republican who puts country above party.

Right wing = lie, lie, and lie some more.

"When I am president I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to play golf" Donald J. Trump, world class snake oil salesman and compulsive golfer August 2016

The definition of "racist" as "anyone who is white" is itself racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Powell
    It’s now ‘me the president’ instead of ‘we the people’

12. #595 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

you continuously post on my threads.
    my purpose in being here is to point at stupid things and say "Look! Stupid Things!"........of course I am going to post on your threads.........

13. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Truth Detector (02-20-2020)

14. #596 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You'll follow me around like a bitch in heat
    and yet I lead......I can tell, because you will post a reply to this.....

15. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Truth Detector (02-20-2020)

16. #597 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 12 Times in 11 Posts

Hows your well-trained militia meetings?
    Keep in mind that people have the right to have guns for private self defense even if they are not members of the militia.

That said, if you'd like to bring back the militia so people can join and get the right to keep military weapons in their homes, I'm all for that.

17. #598 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 12 Times in 11 Posts

You and that other buffoon keep going off OP topic by regurgitating every right wing BS you can remember. "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." Well regulated militia had and have RULES.....so that means that every yahoo with a few bucks can show up with a bazooka and claim he's part of a militia.
    Keep in mind that people have the right to keep and bear arms for private self defense even if they are not a member of a militia.

However, militiamen do have the right to have all sorts of fun weapons like machine guns and bazookas, so if you want to bring back the militia for people to join if they choose to do so, I'm all for that.

So that means that YOU DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO OWN ANY TYPE OF WEAPON YOU WANT, BUT YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO A WEAPON.
    That depends.

The government is only allowed to pass laws that impact a fundamental right if the laws can be justified as serving a compelling government interest.

So if the type of weapon that he wants is so benign that there is no compelling government interest in preventing him from having it, then he does in fact have the right to have that type of weapon.

On the other hand, if the type of weapon that he wants is so dangerous that the government can demonstrate a compelling interest in preventing him from having it, then the government has the authority to step in and pass laws.

State militia's now exist besides the National Guard....look it up.
    State guards aren't real militias unless they are allowed to have military weapons.

Ahh, but you left out state organizations of their individual militias. they would fall into your second category. A brief history/explanation:https://legal-dictionary.thefreedict.../State+militia
    Let me know when state guards start carrying military weapons.

Try dealing with the FACT that much of went down in the Federalist Papers didn't come down in the final draft of the Constitution in a myriad of ways.
    That doesn't change the fact that Alexander Hamilton's usage of the term "well regulated militia" in the Federalist Papers makes it very clear that the term means a militia that is well trained and well equipped.

Like it or not, individual STATES have rules and regulations as to the existence of a "militia" outside to the National Guard. Also, there were RULES regarding the "well regulated" weapons used when a militia was called into existence.
    The Second Amendment guarantees that militiamen can have adequate military weapons even if their rules say otherwise.

Like it or not, RULES & REGULATION were and are part of a militia and pivotal in the 2nd Amendment.
    I'm sure that militias if they existed today would have rules.

I don't see what the rules would have to do with the Second Amendment however, except for cases when the Second Amendment overturns those rules.

What is and what you want to be don't jibe in the reality of the current world of law, state and federal.
    Keep in mind that people have the right to have guns for private self defense even if they're not members of a militia.

It's part of the sentence and a comprehensive part of the Amendment.
    The first and last half of the Second Amendment do two separate things.

The first half of the Second Amendment is a requirement that the government always have a militia.

The second half of the Second Amendment protects the preexisting right of people to keep and bear arms.

Like I said previously, running to the Federalist Papers does NOT justify YOUR interpretation of the FINAL law.
    The Federalist Papers make it clear that the term "well regulated militia" means a militia that is well trained and well equipped.

Trying to interpret the 2nd amendment to mean that any yahoo who can afford it can get ANY type of weapon they want, walk around with it, cross state lines with it, etc., etc. without any state or federal oversight has NOT passed the litmus test of reality and history in this country. Period.
    That depends on whether the government can justify a gun law as serving a compelling government interest.

If the government cannot justify a gun law as serving a compelling government interest, then that gun law is unconstitutional.

It is only the gun laws that can be justified as serving a compelling government interest that pass constitutional muster.

And since any law abiding citizen can choose from a plethora of revolvers, semi-autos, shotguns, hunting rifles, etc., AND form a legal militia in some states outside of the National Guard, the clap trap from the current leadership of the NRA just sounds dumb.
    It is reasonable for the NRA to oppose unconstitutional gun laws.

there are SO many reports and studies showing the effectiveness of various gun laws in various states in conjunction with federal laws,
    Actually statistics are pretty clear that gun availability has little impact on homicide rates.

18. #599 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

This is why I call him the Post Modern Fool....I point out that I don't follow his threads because he's an right wing idiot. Yet he consistently comments on mine, and confuses my periodic responses as equal to his obsession. He just doesn't get it....especially when this system tells you when you're on IA in attempting to post a response on another's thread. I can't tell you how many pages this dunce has filled some of my threads with This message is hidden because PostmodernProphet is on your ignore list. Oh well, life goes on.

George Orwell

19. #600 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Anvil Kasseri View Post
    Keep in mind that people have the right to keep and bear arms for private self defense even if they are not a member of a militia.

However, militiamen do have the right to have all sorts of fun weapons like machine guns and bazookas, so if you want to bring back the militia for people to join if they choose to do so, I'm all for that.

That depends.

The government is only allowed to pass laws that impact a fundamental right if the laws can be justified as serving a compelling government interest.

So if the type of weapon that he wants is so benign that there is no compelling government interest in preventing him from having it, then he does in fact have the right to have that type of weapon.

On the other hand, if the type of weapon that he wants is so dangerous that the government can demonstrate a compelling interest in preventing him from having it, then the government has the authority to step in and pass laws.

State guards aren't real militias unless they are allowed to have military weapons.

Let me know when state guards start carrying military weapons.

That doesn't change the fact that Alexander Hamilton's usage of the term "well regulated militia" in the Federalist Papers makes it very clear that the term means a militia that is well trained and well equipped.

The Second Amendment guarantees that militiamen can have adequate military weapons even if their rules say otherwise.

I'm sure that militias if they existed today would have rules.

I don't see what the rules would have to do with the Second Amendment however, except for cases when the Second Amendment overturns those rules.

Keep in mind that people have the right to have guns for private self defense even if they're not members of a militia.

The first and last half of the Second Amendment do two separate things.

The first half of the Second Amendment is a requirement that the government always have a militia.

The second half of the Second Amendment protects the preexisting right of people to keep and bear arms.

The Federalist Papers make it clear that the term "well regulated militia" means a militia that is well trained and well equipped.

That depends on whether the government can justify a gun law as serving a compelling government interest.

If the government cannot justify a gun law as serving a compelling government interest, then that gun law is unconstitutional.

It is only the gun laws that can be justified as serving a compelling government interest that pass constitutional muster.

It is reasonable for the NRA to oppose unconstitutional gun laws.

Actually statistics are pretty clear that gun availability has little impact on homicide rates.
    1. Your first sentence is a moot point that is not in contention. As to your second sentence, please document any state militia regulations that allow militia members to have the type of weaponry your describe. If you can't, then you are wrong.

2. Wrong. The gov't can only pass laws at the behest of the people "for the general welfare". This is done through representation and majority vote. A process exists to change unjust laws as decreed by legal precedent and will of the people. This is why some yahoo can't have a .50 caliber machine gun mounted on his roof "for protection", but can have semi-auto pistols and long guns inside the house.

3. there are state militias and there is the National Guard, both clearly defined by law federal and state. "state guard" is your neologism, which is not applicable here.

4. See #3.

5. Again, what Hamilton wrote in his personal papers and what he signed off on vary. You want his papers to be directly interpreted as law, then write your congressman and senator (no sarcasm or cynicism intented).

6. Again, your personal interpretation based on the myopia of what weaponry was originally available to militias in the 1700's. As I documented and pointed out, even then you had regulations in the new states. Weaponry evolved, laws changed, but NOTHING as to what you assert. A matter of fact, a matter of history.

7. They do exists, as I've documented. That they don't fit your personal interpretation is irrelevant.

8. Again, a moot point that is NOT the focus of the discussion here.

9. Again, you keep trying to insert your personal interpretation, which requires the treating a part of a comprehensive paragraph as a non-addendum, which is absurd.

10. See #5. Your repetition won't change historical fact and the logic derived from this fact.

11. Projecting various "what if" scenarios is meaningless, as the historical legal precedents as is contradicts your wants, as I've pointed out several times now.

12. The NRA has become a shill for gun manufacturers selling their product. That the leaderships opposes it's own membership regarding extensive background checks should tell you that.

13. Only from a myopic, predisposed viewpoint. Otherwise, the following points to the contrary:

https://www.sciencealert.com/scienti...ks-saves-lives

https://www.vox.com/2016/2/29/111201...ional-evidence

George Orwell