Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Democrat wins Kentucky? Wow!

1. #106 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,323 Times in 1,693 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 417 Times in 384 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    I do not know why December 12th is important, its the day Congress recesses, but that does not make it relevant to the impeachment.

Trump stood on stage with the looser and said, if he looses it really makes me look bad. The people responded by voting for the other guy.
    If trump won Kentucky by 30 pts last time I'd say he will win it again, by maybe 10-15. Compound that with every other state that he wins (by half what he did last time) and the popular vote will be staggeringly lopsided for the democrat. Now just lose a couple states he won last time which is entirely likely, almost inevitable, and he is toast. He won't win a single state that he lost last time, all he can do is lose them.

2. #107 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    you won by 5000 votes in a state with a population of 4.7M.......are you excited?......
    In a state like Kentucky that voted for trump by 30 pts just a few years ago? Maybe not excited but certainly encouraging!

3. #108 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,037 Times in 14,531 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

“You can’t do this to me.” - Trump
    “This has nothing to do with Trump.” - Don Jr.
    Remember a couple of years ago when ironic tidbits like this seemed newsworthy?

Now we've grown accustomed to the lies and deceptions.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

Port Tack (11-06-2019)

5. #109 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The Governor was the one standing on the stage with Trump, up four points in the polls the day before he lost.
    In the state that Trump won by 30 pts. Where did his voters go?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Port Tack For This Post:

Jarod (11-06-2019)

7. #110 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    That's good to hear. I thought his support was cast in granite, that is to say dumb as rocks and going nowhere.

Thinking is good!
    He'll always have about 42% of the nation. True blue Republicans. He won't have the middle, who were Bernie supporters who voted against Clinton. He won't have labor, who now knows that he's a liar.

He might not get one female to vote for him that isn't an 'obedient' Southerner who isn't allowed to vote against her husband's choice.

Remember when trump had to look over Melania's voting machine to make sure she voted for him?
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

8. #111 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Getin the ring View Post
    UNPOPULAR REPUBLICAN GOVERNOR LOSES IN KENTUCKY BY 5000 VOTES

liberals are ready to hold a tickertape parade in times square

desperation has never smelled so good
    Unpopular for the same fucking reasons that your dumbshit is, they held the identical views on virtually every issue. You are right they are becoming unpopular.

9. #112 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,733 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 707 Times in 647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    It’s a red state in how it votes for president. It’s a blue state based on how it votes for governor
    so california use to be a red state?

10. #113 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    He'll always have about 42% of the nation. True blue Republicans. He won't have the middle, who were Bernie supporters who voted against Clinton. He won't have labor, who now knows that he's a liar.

He might not get one female to vote for him that isn't an 'obedient' Southerner who isn't allowed to vote against her husband's choice.

Remember when trump had to look over Melania's voting machine to make sure she voted for him?
    With farm bankruptcies up about 90% in the mid-west and their soy rotting in it's silos i'd bet there has to be a few farmers that are contemplating not voting for Trump.

11. #114 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stardawg View Post
    republican candidates in kentucky won down the ballot everything else. it was just the governor match up specifically that went dem.
    Trump showed up 2 days ago to put his power and reputation in back of the incumbent. Incumbents have a huge advantage. The message is that Trump is not helpful politically. That is what will turn the intelligent rightys to turn on Trump.

12. #115 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Port Tack View Post
    Not supporting teachers and pensions and denying healthcare to thousands is just what trump wants to do so those same same issues are national not just Kentucky. They have everything to do with trump.
    trump wasn't on the ballot. The aforementioned issues are important on the local level, which is ultimately what this election was about. The fact that trump is attempting to do the same on the national level makes it very odd that any Republican governor would put all of his eggs in that basket.

13. #116 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

Roughly the same my ass, if anything he has lost voters and he lost the popular vote the last time, that doesn't bode well for him. I don't know a sole who did not vote for Trump last time that will vote for him now. I know plenty who did vote for him that won't ever again.

Anecdotal stories are nice, they just aren't factual, is all, they're story telling and hear say, and it's obvious Democrats are extremely fearful and desperate, having shot up any credibility in theri media or their base of net shills, who merely substitute spam and and lame insults as 'proof' of whatever it is they're told to to parrot any given day.

14. #117 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

With farm bankruptcies up about 90% in the mid-west and their soy rotting in it's silos i'd bet there has to be a few farmers that are contemplating not voting for Trump.
    Yes there are. I was just reading comments yesterday. Unfortunately, there won't be enough to swap a Midwest state to blue. Doesn't matter. He won't get Pa, Wisconsin, or Minnesota. Fla is a tossup, but as they say...angry people are more motivated to vote.

15. #118 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,617 Times in 17,056 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Yes there are. I was just reading comments yesterday. Unfortunately, there won't be enough to swap a Midwest state to blue. Doesn't matter. He won't get Pa, Wisconsin, or Minnesota. Fla is a tossup, but as they say...angry people are more motivated to vote.
    You don't think he'll get PA? He'll loss our big cities, but win the strength of our state, the rural and small town vote. We're not angry and we're still motivated. Just like in 2016.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

16. #119 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,977 Times in 32,292 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

In a state like Kentucky that voted for trump by 30 pts just a few years ago? Maybe not excited but certainly encouraging!
    and I was encouraged when Trump won Michigan by more than twice that.......a state that Obama won 12 years ago......and currently John James, a black Republican, is neck and neck with Gary Peters for the senate seat.....two years ago he trailed Debbie Stabinaw by 30 points........that's pretty much enough to tip me into excited......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

17. #120 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,834 Times in 17,265 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,601 Times in 4,278 Posts

trump wasn't on the ballot. The aforementioned issues are important on the local level, which is ultimately what this election was about. The fact that trump is attempting to do the same on the national level makes it very odd that any Republican governor would put all of his eggs in that basket.
    Trump made it about himself. He was on the ballot.