Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: "The GOP Tax Cuts Didn’t Work"

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Wrong. Nobody expands a business without a reason. It requires more demand for your product/service.

When you put money into the lower/middle class (the consumers), you increase demand. The middle class got about $40/month. Hardly enough to increase demand.
    Sure they do. Many businesses expand into other areas.

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

LMAO. No they aren't
    For someone like you that it took a month to learn "Do you want fries with that", they likely didn't.

3. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello archives,

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    "Donald Trump’s signature legislative achievement was the corporate-tax cut he signed in 2017. Republicans said it would grow the economy by up to 6 percent, stimulate business investment, and pay for itself."

"None of those promises have come to pass. GDP growth has declined to less than 2 percent according to the latest report, released yesterday. Business investment has now declined for two straight quarters, dragging down economic growth. And the federal deficit exceeds $1 trillion."

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...O_xLmHIIKaI5RM

How many times will the right fall for the supply side Laffer curve nonsense? Just a lot of "voodoo economics" promoted by a few to enrich the even fewer. Trump knew exactly what he was doing the night his tax cut passed when he told his supporters gathered at Mar-a-Lago that "you all got a lot richer"

And the crime of it is that Trump added trillions to the National Debt in the midst of a progressing economy that future generations will pay
    It was highly irresponsible to fail paying down the debt during a good economy. Now the economy is about to take another skid and the US is ill prepared to borrow a bunch more to prop up the future struggling economy. If you think the debt has soared under Trump (and it has) that's nothing compared to what it's going to do for the next crash / bail-out.

Responsible stewardship of the debt would have been to pay it down while the economy was strong. That's the only time during the boom/bust cycle during which the debt can be paid down. Giving the revenue away in the form of a tax cut for the rich in the hopes that this would trickle down was as irresponsible as betting the rent money on a 'sure thing' at the horse track.

But the rich can't help themselves. They voted for any old Republican (Trump) because they really can't see beyond anything but the next rich tax cut. Who cares what it does to the nation?
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,972 Times in 32,287 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

good news for Demmycrats......Bernie has promised that as soon as he's elected he reversing the tax cuts......I guess that means you'll all get money back, right?.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

5. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

No fallacy, reality (https://wallethub.com/edu/states-mos...vernment/2700/), and why should they pay more for some red states to give away more "free state"
    Democrats should always pay more. They demand more free shit. Free shit is not free. Pay up.

6. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Democrats should always pay more. They demand more free shit. Free shit is not free. Pay up.
    Free shit goes to the top, not the poor. Those who have the most keep getting breaks from Republican governance.
    Rightys have been convinced the poor are looting them, but the money in America just keeps moving on up, to the wealthy.Diversion never fails to work on the right. That is why the Reds have never felt the need to change their tactics. The old "look at that shiny object" works as a charm with them.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Gonzomin For This Post:

evince (11-04-2019)

8. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzomin View Post
    Free shit goes to the top, not the poor. Those who have the most keep getting breaks from Republican governance.
    Rightys have been convinced the poor are looting them, but the money in America just keeps moving on up, to the wealthy.Diversion never fails to work on the right. That is why the Reds have never felt the need to change their tactics. The old "look at that shiny object" works as a charm with them.
    Yawn. Get a damn job. Do something with your life. Stop blaming everyone else for your failures.

9. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,740 Times in 27,222 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,587 Times in 18,176 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzomin View Post
    the 47% robmoney talked of

the working class mean nothing to the republicans

they are sooo fucking evil they think SS going to a person who WORKED for decades is useless

they feel those people should just work until they drop dead

10. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    the 47% robmoney talked of

the working class mean nothing to the republicans

they are sooo fucking evil they think SS going to a person who WORKED for decades is useless

they feel those people should just work until they drop dead
    If you think the government should provide you with things you should be providing yourself, you're not working class. You're freeloading class.

When it comes to SS, when those that put in at a 4x greater proportion start getting out at a 4x greater distribution, get back to me.

11. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,245 Times in 2,336 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 162 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

Not sure what this is all about, but you are NOT doing great financially due to the tax giveaway to billionaires.
    Why am I doing great? I mean, I could always use more $, but that depends on me getting off my lazy ass and being more productive. Something I'm not willing to do since I'm retiring in a couple years. I'm comfortable, and have been for many years, but I have taken home $1000 more a year since Trump cut taxes. And I got that $1000 in the form of the first tax return over $50 that I have received in 15 years! Wow! What a coincidence! And if you're "not sure what this is all about", stop coveting thy rich neighbor's goods, and start asking your politicians what they'll do to make things better off for yourself and your country
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

12. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,030 Times in 14,526 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Callinectes Ocasio-Cortez View Post
    Why am I doing great? I mean, I could always use more $, but that depends on me getting off my lazy ass and being more productive. Something I'm not willing to do since I'm retiring in a couple years. I'm comfortable, and have been for many years, but I have taken home $1000 more a year since Trump cut taxes. And I got that $1000 in the form of the first tax return over $50 that I have received in 15 years! Wow! What a coincidence! And if you're "not sure what this is all about", stop coveting thy rich neighbor's goods, and start asking your politicians what they'll do to make things better off for yourself and your country
    $20/week in tax cut. My, how you exaggerated in your first post. What did billionaires/corporations save?
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

13. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,610 Times in 9,135 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,428 Times in 1,257 Posts

Default Trump Gave Americans a Massive Tax Cut. Few Are Noticing — And That's a Problem for H

Trump Gave Americans a Massive Tax Cut. Few Are Noticing — And That's a Problem for Him

Republicans passed a sweeping tax cut for two-thirds of Americans in 2017, saying it would pay for itself and the American public would thank them.

Now, as Americans finish filing to the IRS for the first time under the new system, the law has swelled the deficit and surveys show just one-fifth of taxpayers believe their taxes have gone down. That’s made it hard for President Donald Trump to leverage the tax cuts as an issue in 2020, when he’s up for reelection and his party will be seeking to retake the House of Representatives.

“The Democrats really outmaneuvered the Republicans by convincing the American people that the main thrust of the tax reform package was to cut taxes for the wealthy,” said Dan Eberhart, a major Republican donor who runs the drilling services company Canary, LLC. Republicans “failed to fully explain the success to voters.”

https://time.com/5570679/trump-tax-cuts/

14. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

"Donald Trump’s signature legislative achievement was the corporate-tax cut he signed in 2017. Republicans said it would grow the economy by up to 6 percent, stimulate business investment, and pay for itself."

"None of those promises have come to pass. GDP growth has declined to less than 2 percent according to the latest report, released yesterday. Business investment has now declined for two straight quarters, dragging down economic growth. And the federal deficit exceeds $1 trillion."

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...O_xLmHIIKaI5RM

How many times will the right fall for the supply side Laffer curve nonsense? Just a lot of "voodoo economics" promoted by a few to enrich the even fewer. Trump knew exactly what he was doing the night his tax cut passed when he told his supporters gathered at Mar-a-Lago that "you all got a lot richer"

And the crime of it is that Trump added trillions to the National Debt in the midst of a progressing economy that future generations will pay
    That must be why the labor participation rate is climbing, we have a five decades low unemployment rate and the stock market is hitting new records today and Friday.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

15. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Because poor decisions were made elsewhere, specifically the trade war and tariffs, that harmed the economy doesn’t mean the tax cuts were bad policy or were not effective.
    How is confronting unfair trade practices poor decision making? You think doing NOTHING is a better track?
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.

16. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Can the "easy to win" trade war explain the less than two percent growth? The only thing seemingly keeping some economic indicators up is consumer spending, and how long is that going to continue if circumstances continue to remain stagnant?

Point being it is pretty hard to find results for Trump's tax cut especially in the realm of what he promised
    Your point is farcical; everyone is seeing more in their paychecks. That is ALWAYS a good thing. Government revenue isn't going down; but up. That is good for the Government.

The only thing that this is bad for is the Democratic Party of the Jackass that is promising a Venezuelan economy if they get into power. No one wants that. That is why the PHONY media and Party of the Jackass have to lie, smear and impeach.