Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435 LastLast

Thread: Where is Trump's Beautiful Healthcare Plan? Here's Warren's...

1. #481 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,174 Times in 5,911 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 558 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Defending billionaires also isn't a good look these days.

Billionaires will always defend billionaires in the end. They will not defend you. They will come up with any excuse they can for hoarding their wealth, but all those excuses fall by the wayside once you subject them to scrutiny. Their argument comes down to 'IT'S MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE!" That's not a valid argument. It's greed and selfishness. And it would be a different story if those same billionaires weren't simultaneously setting up tax deductible groups whose purpose is to concoct wild excuses and bullshit for why they shouldn't be taxed. But they are.

Also, I don't want some un-elected rich person deciding for me what the priorities are, and setting up an environment where we must bow and scrape so as not to offend their delicate fragility.

EAT THE RICH.
    Thanks for proving my point. Surrender accepted.
    Republican Congressman Ken Buck:
    “We’re at a time in American politics, that I am not going to lie on behalf of my presidential candidate, on behalf of my party. And I’m very sad that others in my party have taken the position that, as long as we get the White House, it doesn’t really matter what we say,”

2. #482 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

OK Boomer.

Over the course of this debate, your argument against taxing the rich devolved solely to lobbing allegations of jealousy at me.

The lobbing of jealousy is intended to move this debate to an emotional, philosophical one as opposed to an economic one, which are the only terms we should be debating within.

So you prod and poke and I tell you that I hate the rich because they are hoarding the wealth like dragons, and you decide now is the time to ditch out of the debate.

So you tell me that I hate the rich, and then when I say WHY I do, you run away from the debate.

Typical Republican behavior there...making an emotional argument as your sole argument, then running away from the debate when it's exposed is SUCH A BOOMER THING TO DO.
    So you hate Billionaires AND Boomers. Do you hate everyone who's doing better than you?
    “We’re at a time in American politics, that I am not going to lie on behalf of my presidential candidate, on behalf of my party. And I’m very sad that others in my party have taken the position that, as long as we get the White House, it doesn’t really matter what we say,”

3. #483 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Also, if you're going to use the "you're just jealous" defense of the wealthy, then you should just stop pretending you're anything other than a Republican, since that is their defense of the wealthy that you are repeating for them. So way to make yourself a useful idiot for Conservatives and Trump. Well done. Bravo. Finding common cause with Conservatives on the subject of billionaires tells us all we need to know about what kind of person you are.
    Well, I used to be a registered Republican but I changed my political affiliation to independent after Bush Jr ruined the economy with his American Dream Downpayment Act that caused the 2008 mortgage meltdown.
    But if you've been paying attention, you'd see I'm no fan of the Orange Turd in the White House.

4. #484 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,363 Times in 14,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldvoTrumpovich View Post
    Well, I used to be a registered Republican but I changed my political affiliation to independent after Bush Jr ruined the economy with his American Dream Downpayment Act that caused the 2008 mortgage meltdown.
    But if you've been paying attention, you'd see I'm no fan of the Orange Turd in the White House.
    Interesting the concept that not reflexively hating billionaires could be considered common ground among people and makes one a bad person.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

Joe Capitalist (11-12-2019)

6. #485 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Interesting the concept that not reflexively hating billionaires could be considered common ground among people and makes one a bad person.
    Oh, haven't you heard? It's billionaires AND boomers. I am to be hated because I worked hard, saved my money, spent within my means, invested wisely and retired with a seven figure nest egg.

7. #486 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,410 Times in 10,039 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Thanks for proving my point. Surrender accepted.
    OK boomer
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

8. #487 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

So you hate Billionaires AND Boomers. Do you hate everyone who's doing better than you?
    You don't know shit about me or my station in life because I can make arguments in support of my policies and beliefs without invoking personal circumstances that ultimately mean nothing to the validity of my arguments.

You are unable to do that; choosing instead to make my position solely about the emotion of jealousy because it's easier for you to accept that, than it is for you to admit your conventional wisdom is wrong.

9. #488 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

We've been over this...in fact, I addressed this point specifically in another thread.

The ADDA didn't collapse the economy, nor did it dramatically weaken underwriting standards for subprime loans.

The reason the economy collapsed was because of dramatically weakened underwriting standards for subprimes issued between 2004-2007.

The ADDA is good policy; it helps first time homeowners with $10K to put toward the downpayment. That's all it did; and it was subject to the same FHA rules that protected those homeowners from foreclosure since it was the non-FHA and subprime loans that were the cause of the spike in lending, and the subsequent collapse of the markets.

Don't @ me with Bush Mortgage Bubble stuff...I'm buttoned up on that subject.

10. #489 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Oh, haven't you heard? It's billionaires AND boomers. I am to be hated because I worked hard, saved my money, spent within my means, invested wisely and retired with a seven figure nest egg.
    It's much easier for you to convince people of this than it is to admit that your thinking has been wrong this entire time, because you can lean on the emotions and avoid the economics.

You still have yet to make an economic case against raising taxes on the rich.

The Prosperity Gospel is bullshit, and most rich people don't work hard at all.

11. #490 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It's much easier for you to convince people of this than it is to admit that your thinking has been wrong this entire time, because you can lean on the emotions and avoid the economics.

You still have yet to make an economic case against raising taxes on the rich.

The Prosperity Gospel is bullshit, and most rich people don't work hard at all.
    Prove it!

Your comment above just invalidates every point you've tried to make. You have no idea how hard rich people work. How could you? You're just throwing it out there because it's what you WANT TO BELIEVE. You're like the radicalized right wing extremists on this forum who want to believe Trump is the savior of America and all liberals are traitors. You're doing the same thing they do. You believe what helps your argument, true or not.

Think about what you're saying.

most rich people don't work hard at all.
    If you're going to make such an outrageous, unhinged statement like that, you better have some proof to back it up. So, let's see it. Until I see something that proves most rich people don't work hard at all, then I call bullshit.

12. #491 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Prove it!
    I did prove it, when I provided you with that WaPo link that says wealth is generational, and most wealth has gone to the richest 5% of families.

You didn't even open or read that link.

So you're not intending to have a good faith debate here, and it's obvious why.

13. #492 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Prove it!

Your comment above just invalidates every point you've tried to make. You have no idea how hard rich people work. How could you? You're just throwing it out there because it's what you WANT TO BELIEVE. You're like the radicalized right wing extremists on this forum who want to believe Trump is the savior of America and all liberals are traitors. You're doing the same thing they do. You believe what helps your argument, true or not.

If you're going to make such an outrageous, unhinged statement like that, you better have some proof to back it up. So, let's see it. Until I see something that proves most rich people don't work hard at all, then I call bullshit.
    Bill Gates increased his wealth faster once he stopped working.

It took him 59 years to get $76B, but only 5 years to add another $30B. 5 years in retirement, sitting on his ass.

14. #493 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Prove it!

Secondly, I've given you ample opportunities to make an economic argument against higher taxes on the rich...calling you out on that point specifically because I know you can't do it.

So what has happened instead is that your argument has devolved to one of emotion, specifically around jealousy. As if you cannot conceive that your conventional wisdom is wrong, and that you're getting played.

YOU'RE NOT AS SMART AS YOU THINK YOU ARE.

15. #494 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,341 Times in 5,714 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 374 Times in 355 Posts

It was nice of Pocahontas to disqualify herself by announcing she had a 30 trillion dollar health care plan with no idea how to pay for it.

Americans heard that one before, Obamacare failed and so will her and her dumb ideas, but disqualifying herself , again was nice of her
    This just In::: Trump indicted for living in liberals heads and not paying RENT

C̶N̶N̶ SNN.... Shithole News Network

Trump Is Coming back to a White House Near you

16. #495 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Getin the ring View Post
    It was nice of Pocahontas to disqualify herself by announcing she had a 30 trillion dollar health care plan with no idea how to pay for it.

Americans heard that one before, Obamacare failed and so will her and her dumb ideas, but disqualifying herself , again was nice of her
    Her plan details how it would be paid for...it's not her problem you're too fucking lazy to read it.